“Cheap and great option in South Beach”

La Perrada De Edgar
Ranked #298 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I went to la perrada de Edgar when I stayed at Miami beach a couple f months ago. There are not really a lot of dinning options but ihop, dominos pizza etc and everything is kinda pricey. This was a great option for a nice meal and good prices. We ordered 2 hot dogs, fries and lemonade, and it was about 18 dollars or so. The place itself is not the best, it's clean, but well it's not a place you go for its decor. I would gladly come back.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

first saw this place on the travel channel and i decided that it is a must place to visit on our trip to south beach. This place serves a different kinds of Hot dogs that are packed with things you cant imagine a hotdog should have... Lets face it, all of us are used to regular hot dog fixins like onions, relish, mustard and ketchup. but imagine a hotdog with shrimp and crab on top, or meatballs, or bacon and egg, etc. this place is fantastic!!!!! i ordered the Edgar special that comes with pineapple, and blackberrry and plum sauce on top of whipped cream and mozarella. sounds weird, it does but one bite and the flavors just melt in your mouth and you want more. we also ordered the fish and shrimp ceviche, which is hands down the best ceviche i have ever tasted. Mr. Edgar was there and he made sure that everything was done right. He makes you feel right at home and welcomes you like a long lost relative. I need to go back there and try almost everything in the menu; it sure packs a lot of calories, but who cares! thats what vacations are all about right? just go hit the gym in your hotel after, or walk the entire length of ocean drive to burn it off. pricing is really great. most items are around $6 bucks! i definitely recommend this place. hope you like it too!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Traveled to Miami on business with two colleagues. We decided to stop by La Perrada de Edgar based on Anthony Bourdain's Layover show. I had the Philippine hotdog with a Passion fruit juice. It was so good, and completely lived up to the hype. The place was packed as well, and Edgar was as friendly and accommodating as could be. I will absolutely be back.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

All they have is hot dogs. The most amazing, delicious hot dogs you can imagine. I'm seriously addicted to this place!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Popped in from the beach for the Spanish hot-dog. The place is nice and clean. As hot-dogs go it's a bit pricey at $5.50, but the size and the taste more then make up for it. A definite recommendation -- I wish I had time to try out all the hot-dogs. The waitress was very friendly and seeing how I was obviously eating here for the first time, explained to me what the recommended way of eating these dogs is, in such an easy Spanish that even I could understand it.