“Bill H.”
Review of Rouge

Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #512 of 1,087 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Moroccan, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Bay Dr.
Description: Rouge Cine Cafe prouds itself to Served The best traditional Moroccan and French Cuisine in Town in the most romantic and Warm atmosphere you could possibly imagine while screening in the back ground old silent movies for your enjoyment. As If this wasn't enough, discover the Rouge Garden, an Outdoor space design to literately transport you anywhere in the Mediterranean Riviera, from St Tropez to Marrakesh. we invite you to come and experience our flavorful dishes, From the Escargot Bourgogne to The world Famous "Bouillabaisse", from the Harira Soup to The Traditional Tagines.
Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bill H.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is a hidden gem in the North Beach section of Miami Beach. The food is excellent! The French onion soup compares with the best and the Moroccan lamb soup is outstanding. The list of entrees is not long but there is always a choice of fish, meat, or chicken. On our visit we tried four dishes and they were all delicious! The chef invests time and effort into his sauces and the results show.
The servers are friendly and helpful. They do not hover but are always close by. The decor and ambiance are perfect for a local bistro.

Parking on Normandy Isle is free after 6pm an added bonus. We will return.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank bill h
Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank You so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you.

Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'M GOING BACK FOR SURE !”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

very good restaurant, fresh food, neat and refined, a very friendly owner who takes pleasure in customer satisfaction, beautiful garden for dinner, all the conditions are met to eat and spend a nice evening. thank you again and do not change anything! See you soon for sure ...

• Visited July 2013
Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank You very much for your review. We do hope to see you very soon.
Miami, Florida
“Big disappointment, I won't be back”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my 3rd and final visit to Rouge. My first 2 visits were a bit below average but as they have a lovely outside patio and seemingly good reviews I decided to give it another chance. I wish I hadn’t bothered.

The food was average but very overpriced for what you get. Despite the restaurant being almost deserted, the service was patchy at best and any request seemed to be met with the attitude of that’s the way it is, if you don’t like it then tough luck. When I asked for dressing on the side I was told that “that’s the way it is on the menu and if I don’t like it should just get something else”. What happened to the concept of trying to make the customer happy?

The patio has the potential to be a great place to linger, but the evening was ruined by an owner who clearly has no concept of customer service and was rude to our entire party.

I definitely won’t go back

Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I do want to thank you for your input. I would not directly respond to those comments as I will let the vast majority of the ratings and feedbacks speak for themselves but I do want to take the time to thank every patrons that have supported Rouge in the last year and a half. I guess one do not appreciate the value of well mannered, happy going, respectful and well educated patron to the fullest until coming across some that do not hold all or some of the above described human qualities. I do pride myself at trying to be the very best at what I do and try my very best to offer the best quality food and service someone can offer. My guess is one can try its best and yet ,not be able to satisfy all. Again thank you for reminding me why I do what I do and to all Thank You again.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“The customer is not a priority!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I read the reviews on tripadvisor and was shocked to have a completely different experience. We had dinner in the garden which is lovely and I can't complain about the food but right from the outset, the service was appalling. The wine we selected was not available and when we asked for similar recommendations, explaining we did not like french reds, the waitress continued to recommend french wines and how she felt they were superior and patronizing us for not wanting a french wine.

Not once were we asked how we were doing, how our food was or whether we were enjoying the evening. The owner and his wife, who was our waitress initially, don't seem to care for customers who question any of the dishes or any element of the restaurant. The Moroccan night on Wednesday is, according to most reviews on here, apparently the day to go, I however, will not be setting foot in this restaurant again.

London
“Unaccommodating Rude Owner”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I live in Miami Beach, in fact on the same island (Normandy Isle) as this restaurant. So decided to try it. Setting was nice and appetizers whilst good were not good value for money. $13 for 1 scallop. But that's where the "good" ends. We requested they change the elevator type music playing as we were the only ones in the place, and were told (quite rudely) its not possible. The wine we requested wasn't available. One of the salads was drenched in balsamic so we asked for a replacement salad but was told that's the way it is. After a small argument the owner agreed to make another but by that stage we were already upset. Then to top it all, we called the waiter to request the bill by raising our hands to be accused by the owners wife that we don't click our fingers for service like clicking for a dog. We certainly didn't do that and the fact that some fireworks were going off may have been misinterpreted as such. But even when we said we said we would never do that he insisted on telling us we had. Again an argument ensued. In summary the owner believes he is right, and not the customer, no matter what the situation. I suppose that is why the restaurant was empty at 9:30pm on a warm Saturday evening.

2 Thank deeproc