Lowest prices for your stay
$140
$140
Trip.com
$117
Hotels.com$140
Priceline$140
Traveluro
All reviews orange blossom rooftop pool full kitchen front desk collins park powder room washer and dryer south beach sq ft living room huge bathroom free breakfast rain shower beautiful room valet parking an umbrella the hotel manager
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2017

A few friends and I went to Miami the beginning of April. After a long-haul flight we were excited to just arrive and relax at our much anticipated hotel. However, this was far from the case. Upon arrival there was no one to greet/welcome guests to the hotel at the front door. Secondly there was only ONE person at the front desk with fustrated guests in front of us. We were finally seen and given the remaining balance of our room, as well had only paid a deposit prior. We were given the amount to pay which was over $1,000 more fban what we had booked for on booking.com. If we hadn't know we would of been robbed by this hotel. We let the lady at the front desk know that this wasn't incorrect and after some back and forth she said we were indeed correct that this was the wrong amount. She then went on to say that her system was down so she did not have the rate we had booked out hotel room on. We then had to bring out our booking confirmation and she then began presenting us with room rates from the air! We went back and forth for over an hour before she unapologetically said that she will have to pass this onto the reservations team to sort this out and said we should only pay for our room service fee. To add insult to injury she made us aware of taxes which were not included in our booking confirmation. Anyone thinking of staying at this hotel be aware that aside from then $34 resort fee per room, per night there is a 14% tax per night per room and $450 dollar incidentals fee, which gets held on your card per room per night and is released once you check out. However this can take up to 10 business days to be released to you depending on where you are from and your bank!

After that embarrassing ordeal at front desk we were finally given the keys to our room. We had two standard one bedroom suites. They were very spacious and modern. However, be aware that furniture has slight wear and tear, lights are not working, AC does not work properly. Saying this Matientence are very quick to respond to any issues you may have.

The hotels locafion is great - right on Collins Avenue, close to many restaurants, bars, south beach, ocean drive, Lincoln Road. You will always have something to do/somewhere to go whilst being at the hotel.

Amenities such as the pool and direct access to the beach was not available during our stay. So I will norm be able to comment on this. We wouldn't have even known if it wasn't for guests before us complaining that they wanted to leave.

The breakfast is a waste of time do not bother including this in your boooking. The restaurant in which you have breakfast is not in the hotel but a minute walk away. This is not the problem but more the lack of breakfast options. Be prepared to only have 6 options to chooose from. They also do not have the greatest service in the restaurant. A great option for breakfasts would be Rosetta's Bakery a fee blocks away from the hotel.

Housekeeping are not consistent, we had to mention to the front desk that our rooms had not been cleaned for two days. Also, do not expect much from the housekeeping. Mainly just a change of sheets and new towels.

Last but not least, upon check out we were held up AGAIN! We had paid for our room halfway through our seven night stay after going back and forth with the reservations team. However the same lady who checked is in had the audacity to tell us tbere was a small fee remaining when we had paid for everything. She then went into the office and kept us waiting for ober 30mins. We had a flight to catch back homeboy yet there was no urgency in anything they were doing. If we had missed it flights would they have paid for five flights back to the UK? NO.

The lack of urgency, empathy, friendliness and general good customer service is nothing i have ever seen before. Customer service should be at the forefront of everything business does. As at the end of the day we are what keeps your business running in the first place! As well as this, not knowing how much ones booking is, is so ridiculous. All of this should been prepared prior to us arriving at the hotel. If you are going to work with intermediaries such as booking.com you need to ensure you guys have communicated effectively so there is no confusion for guests. There are so many things to be taken from this and I really hope as a hotel you imorove on this, as the hotel has great potential. But unfortunately after my not so great experience I would not recommend this hotel or stay here ever again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Chelsea K
Marvin S, Front Office Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Dear Chelsea K,

First and foremost, I would like to extend my sincere apologies to you for your less than ideal experience at Boulan South Beach Hotel. It is unfortunate you experienced so many difficulties that may have tainted your image of our hotel. We do hope to have an opportunity in the future to show you how great Boulan South Beach Hotel is. I completed agree with you, customer service should always be the forefront of a business, as it is our customers who keep us in business. We appreciate your honest and detailed feedback as this helps us improve our operations and service. Thank you once again for choosing the Boulan South Beach Hotel.

Best,

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

Pool closed until further notice. They told us we can use the sister hotels pool but it's so tiny and def not as convenient. Wish I knew this before booking.
Got a complimentary bottle of wine for my day which was nice and the room is great. But the pool being closed totally sucks and fees shouldn't be charged!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Mamatrinii,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our operations and services. I would like to extend my sincere apologies as your stay was affected by our pool being closed. Unfortunately, an unforeseen incident occurred which forced us to close the pool for several days. Luckily, we do have our sister property just at the end of our block. We do understand it is an inconvenience you were not expecting. We hope to have you stay with us again very soon and make up for any difficulties you may have faced!

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 12, 2017

I was am so happy to say that I took a chance booking the Boulan. I usually stay at places that are more "KNOWN" but when I saw the reviews and the photos, I decided I would give it a GO and now, I am happy to say this is my GO TO spot! The check in was fast and easy. I booked a great room with a terrace that was so spacious. I needed a bedroom with privacy since I was traveling with my teen and her friend. It was a great location. With Lyft we were able to get down to Lummus Park for $5 and took 5 minutes with a bit of traffic. The free breakfast was for "2" even if you book a room for 4, so be cautious of that. It was clear on the paperwork, I just missed that. The pool was amazing. There was so much seating and lounge chairs... Great SUN on the roof... I was thrilled with the music playing and the vibe! Beach was 2 minutes away, you are right across from Setai and I saw a few celebrities on the beach and in the front of the hotel. So, it is a very HOT SPOT out of the typical chaos of SOBE. Finally, the bathroom, clean, modern and so BIG! The closet space was OUT OF THIS WORLD! The kitchen was great to have even if I never planned of using it... AND the absolute ONLY issue I had was.... THE MATTRESS. Not sure if it was all the rooms or just mine, but... If I could change ONE thing it would be the mattress. It was a little less PLUSH than I like, but that might just be ME again! GREAT STAY and already booked a return VISIT!

Room tip: Rooms with terrace are well worth the extra free!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Dee-Dee K,

Thank you for choosing Boulan South Beach Hotel! We are so happy to hear you had a great time with us! Thank you for your honest feedback as it will help us improve. We hope to see you very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for our anniversary and we absolutely loved it. From the room down to the beach staff! the breakfast served was delicious and the beach staff was so accommodating, the cashier Landie even recommended us to a great restaurant for dinner. If you choose to stay here, definitely get the bed it was such a great view of the ocean. We're planning our next trip next month.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Chinabarbie,

Thank you for choosing Boulan South Beach Hotel and for taking the time to write us a review! We are so happy you and your boyfriend had a great time with us. We are excited to have you back very soon! See you soon!

All the best,

Reviewed April 11, 2017

We arrived to a much awaited vacation. We rented a Penthouse suite to have 24 hour access to the rooftop pool and hot tub. The pool and hot tub were closed for 3 days of my 6 day stay. I am unable to go to the beach so I was shocked no arrangement was made to allow guests to use a neighboring hotels facility. The queen size sleeper sofa was dirty and only had a mattress that was double. Kids could not sleep on it so they brought in 2 folding beds which took up the free space in the room. The light in the bedroom did not work and maintenance said they needed to order a transformer-didn't happen while I was there. At night the rooms were very dark. TV remotes did not work and that was a 2 day fix. The continental breakfast - We were told they were out of bread and rolls. No substitute was offered. When I asked why the penthouse next door had complete furniture and a bar on their balcony and we had only 2 chairs not lounges I was told that room had a different rate. A penthouse at any rate is intended to be luxurious- this was sub-standard to any regular room I have vacationed in. To end our trip the last night at 1:30am there was a fire evacuation. The staff did not seem organized or prepared. Very scary. So after taking up so much of the vacation time I paid for they said they could not extend a late check-out. What I will say is that the staff are Very friendly, they try to help but much of the problems were out of their control. The manager did apologize and make an adjustment, however money does not compensate a disappointing vacation.

My husband commented that The beach staff Quinnah & Jeremiah went above and beyond.

Room tip: Good Luck because the penthouse is not luxury so I can't imagine the other rooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Shel110,

I would like to start off by apologizing for the difficulties you faced throughout your stay and to thank you for taking the time to provide us your honest feedback. Your feedback helps us improve our operations and services at Boulan South Beach Hotel. We hope to have an opportunity in the future to change your mind about our hotel.

Kind regards,