2 people are viewing this hotel
$133
Hotels.com$140
Priceline$140
Boulan SouthBeach$140
All reviews orange blossom rooftop pool full kitchen front desk collins park powder room washer and dryer south beach sq ft living room huge bathroom free breakfast rain shower beautiful room valet parking an umbrella the hotel manager
Selected filters
Reviewed April 12, 2017

I was am so happy to say that I took a chance booking the Boulan. I usually stay at places that are more "KNOWN" but when I saw the reviews and the photos, I decided I would give it a GO and now, I am happy to say this is my GO TO spot! The check in was fast and easy. I booked a great room with a terrace that was so spacious. I needed a bedroom with privacy since I was traveling with my teen and her friend. It was a great location. With Lyft we were able to get down to Lummus Park for $5 and took 5 minutes with a bit of traffic. The free breakfast was for "2" even if you book a room for 4, so be cautious of that. It was clear on the paperwork, I just missed that. The pool was amazing. There was so much seating and lounge chairs... Great SUN on the roof... I was thrilled with the music playing and the vibe! Beach was 2 minutes away, you are right across from Setai and I saw a few celebrities on the beach and in the front of the hotel. So, it is a very HOT SPOT out of the typical chaos of SOBE. Finally, the bathroom, clean, modern and so BIG! The closet space was OUT OF THIS WORLD! The kitchen was great to have even if I never planned of using it... AND the absolute ONLY issue I had was.... THE MATTRESS. Not sure if it was all the rooms or just mine, but... If I could change ONE thing it would be the mattress. It was a little less PLUSH than I like, but that might just be ME again! GREAT STAY and already booked a return VISIT!

Room tip: Rooms with terrace are well worth the extra free!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Marvin S, Front Office Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Dear Dee-Dee K,

Thank you for choosing Boulan South Beach Hotel! We are so happy to hear you had a great time with us! Thank you for your honest feedback as it will help us improve. We hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for our anniversary and we absolutely loved it. From the room down to the beach staff! the breakfast served was delicious and the beach staff was so accommodating, the cashier Landie even recommended us to a great restaurant for dinner. If you choose to stay here, definitely get the bed it was such a great view of the ocean. We're planning our next trip next month.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Chinabarbie,

Thank you for choosing Boulan South Beach Hotel and for taking the time to write us a review! We are so happy you and your boyfriend had a great time with us. We are excited to have you back very soon! See you soon!

All the best,

Reviewed April 11, 2017

We arrived to a much awaited vacation. We rented a Penthouse suite to have 24 hour access to the rooftop pool and hot tub. The pool and hot tub were closed for 3 days of my 6 day stay. I am unable to go to the beach so I was shocked no arrangement was made to allow guests to use a neighboring hotels facility. The queen size sleeper sofa was dirty and only had a mattress that was double. Kids could not sleep on it so they brought in 2 folding beds which took up the free space in the room. The light in the bedroom did not work and maintenance said they needed to order a transformer-didn't happen while I was there. At night the rooms were very dark. TV remotes did not work and that was a 2 day fix. The continental breakfast - We were told they were out of bread and rolls. No substitute was offered. When I asked why the penthouse next door had complete furniture and a bar on their balcony and we had only 2 chairs not lounges I was told that room had a different rate. A penthouse at any rate is intended to be luxurious- this was sub-standard to any regular room I have vacationed in. To end our trip the last night at 1:30am there was a fire evacuation. The staff did not seem organized or prepared. Very scary. So after taking up so much of the vacation time I paid for they said they could not extend a late check-out. What I will say is that the staff are Very friendly, they try to help but much of the problems were out of their control. The manager did apologize and make an adjustment, however money does not compensate a disappointing vacation.

My husband commented that The beach staff Quinnah & Jeremiah went above and beyond.

Room tip: Good Luck because the penthouse is not luxury so I can't imagine the other rooms.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Shel110,

I would like to start off by apologizing for the difficulties you faced throughout your stay and to thank you for taking the time to provide us your honest feedback. Your feedback helps us improve our operations and services at Boulan South Beach Hotel. We hope to have an opportunity in the future to change your mind about our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a 3 night weekend trip for my birthday from NY with my sister and daughter. The first issue was that the taxi driver from the airport could not find the hotel because the entrance is not on Collins even though the address is Collins Avenue. This was an annoying start. Check was easy enough. We booked the rooftop terrace. I was really nervous because some of the reviews said the room was dirty and stained. I was happy with the room layout, decor and rooftop access. I did see a few things that took away from the "luxury" such as the outdoor furniture needed replacing. No cushions and badly damaged. The terrace was stained and needed painting. They need to attend to these issues. My two major issues were 1- my adult daughter left her key in the room and they refuse to give her another one stating she wasn't the credit card holder. This is ridiculous because her name was listed during booking and at check in. I had to come to the desk.
The 2- Major issue was that this was a short trip and the pool/rooftop was closed for Sun & Mon. This was an absolute disappointment. They cited another guest broke glass and the pool needed draining. Ok safety however no attempt to give a credit/ waive a fee or offer an consolation except "sorry"
The location of the hotel is great. The beach is across the street 1 block over. It is not a "private" beach at all, so not sure why they say that.
Overall I would stay here again, we had a lot of fun. I had a late flight they declined my request to check out 1 hr later. I love Miami
And would give Boulan another go.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear LaNette B,

Thank you for choosing the Boulan South Beach Hotel. We are delighted you would come back to give Boulan another go! We do apologize for any difficulties you may have faced throughout your stay. Guest safety definitely a priority for us, and we do apologize another guest's incident affected your stay with us. We hope to have you back very soon and provide you with a very memorable stay!

Reviewed April 5, 2017

If I could leave 0 stars I would! people please be aware, we stayed there from March 12 to March 17 this year, and just saw, that they charged me $1,500.00 more by the and of March. Ughhh not to mention that they have the worst service I ever had in a hotel, and very over priced for the quality of the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Dios Esta Conmi... S

Dear Dios Esta Conmi... S,

I am sorry to hear you had a less than perfect experience with us at Boulan South Beach Hotel. During the time of your stay we experienced a system failure that did not allow us to perform at our maximum. Unfortunately, some reservations faced some difficulties because of the system failure. Since then, we have worked very hard to get everything back to our standard and make sure all mistakes were corrected. I hope you return and give us the opportunity to show you why Boulan South Beach Hotel is so loved by many.