“Good Time”

Boulan South Beach
Ranked #129 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Good Time”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here from 10/10-10/14 my experience was great.From check in to check out everyone was so helpful.Jessica was great. The decor of the Boulan was more then I expected the large condo/suite suited me and my 2 friends well. The kitchen was amazing,the bathroom was big there was also a half bathroom. I was in a deluxe room w/balcony that was nice also. my complaints would be there was no utensils I agree with the last review they had everything but that. The balcony had no furniture no shade. When housekeeping came they didn't leave tissue. When we did go to the rooftop pool u had to go to lobby to get towels and u had to bring them back down. Overall my experience was great I would stay again and recommend to friends.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lakely
Jimmy M, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for being our guest recently and taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review.

We are pleased that our spacious rooms met your expectations as well as Jessica providing great service. I have shared your comments with her and the team and she wanted to thank you! As we embrace our guest’s feedback, we have listened and took action. We will be activating our beautiful Rooftop Pool service by this November as we are constantly looking to improve our guest amenities.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Mouawad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My friends and I needed a place to stay for two nights before our Bahamas cruise, and I found this place online. It's brand-spankin' new, clean, and in a decent location for a reasonable price for the size of the suite. There were 4 of us, so I booked a suite on the penthouse level - basically a 1 bedroom condo, complete with full kitchen, 1.5 bath, washer/dryer, and sofa bed. Booking directly with the hotel on their website was cheaper than other sites - $510 total for 2 nights for the 4 of us in essentially a 1br apartment. It's very modern, with clean lines, and futuristic cabinets, sinks, tub, shower, etc. The pool on the roof is very nice, with cushy shaded beds and a great view. It's really close to the beach, but we just walked there to look, and didn't use their guest-only area. All the pictures on their website do the place justice. Unlike many, what you see is what you get - they didn't just show the best parts of the hotel. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The hotel has relationships with local restaurants, and if you ask, they will give you a card to get you to the front of the line if the restaurant is busy. Not an issue when we went, but good to know.

To nit-pick, here are some bad points: One of the pocket doors between the bedroom and full bathroom was installed poorly and was difficult to open/close. The sink in the half bath was a huge square, but the faucet was at the very back, and washing your hands made water spray outside to the back of the sink - don't know if it is poor design, or improper installation of the sink in relation to the faucet. The kitchen had glasses, mugs, plates, and cookware, but no eating or cooking utensils, save on spatula. The complementary "continental breakfast" was not a continental breakfast. It was a choice of an omelet with toast, or two pancakes, and they were sure to add a service fee and tip on the bill. When you go to the pool, you have to go down to the front desk to get towels. They ran out of clean ones and could only give us 2 of the 4 we needed, but said they would run them up to us when they were available. They never came with the new towels. The hallway between the elevator and room were not air conditioned, and stiflingly hot.

As far as the location goes, it's still within walking distance (20-30 min) to the Lincoln mall area where all the food and shopping is located, but only if you can withstand the walk in the heat and humidity. The beach is just across the street, a long city block away.

Overall, it was a really nice place and we enjoyed our stay. I'd probably stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have more than two people, it's worth the extra money getting one of the suites on the pe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ronald N
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

We are thrilled to hear that our Room product and Rooftop Pool left a memorable impression. Thank you for recognizing our Front Desk staff for the helpful and friendly service that they provide on a consistent basis. I will share your kind words with the team as they take pride of their profession. We will be activating our Pool Service area by this November as we are always looking to improve our product and amenities.

We hope to welcome you home soon.

Respectfully,

Brooklyn
Reviewed October 7, 2013

When my boyfriend told me we were staying at the Boulan I was somewhat skeptical. I hadn't heard of it and was looking forward to staying someplace familiar. When we arrived I was pleased but not impressed...I must say tho that the girl at the front desk was exceptionally helpful. When we got to our room is when I really felt like he made the right choice. The size and decor was impressive. The pool was great. We simply had a wonderful stay. Not to mention the service from Rick as well who knew where to eat, drink and have a great time. Great service from the staff there. We'd definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Mikaeva
Jimmy M, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for being our guest recently and for the review!

I am delighted to read that our Room Décor, Size, Rooftop Pool and our level of service exceeded your expectations. I have passed along your kind words to Rick and we both thank you!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Let me start by saying that I've stayed at pretty much every luxury hotel on south beach and the Boulan lives up to the bill. My girlfriend and I arrived super early b4 check in time and Jessica @ the front desk made sure we were properly situated-- she was great our entire stay. The property and rooms are great. They look just like the pics... Very clean!!! The pool is stunning, one of the best around (could definitely use some music and service tho). Rick, who seemed to be around whenever needed was the best!!! He made recommendations that even I had no idea about and I've been going to SB forever. Good change!!! Overall we had a great time and will definitely go back to the Boulan!!!!!

Room Tip: Oops No spa.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Greg A
I would like to thank you for being our guest recently and taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

I am delighted to hear that Jessica and Rick along with the rest of our staff ensured you were properly taken care of on and off hotel premises. Your Miami Beach experience as a whole is just as important to us. We will be offering food service at our pool in the upcoming month as we are always striving to improve our amenities.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Best Regards,

little ferry
Reviewed October 4, 2013

i had wonderful time with my family. The room was prettty roommy to stay a bunch or family.
we were able to enjoy with the clean ,gorgerous pool. and wanted to paly more in there. colseing time had came so early for us.Hopefully there's extended hours next time.
we got home with good memeris. also thank you for the staff olrivia? i had asked so many question. i will visit again if our family got togegher.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank victoria k
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am pleased to hear that our Room Size, quality and our gorgeous Rooftop Pool exceeded your expectations. I have shared your kind comments to Olivia and we both thank you for recognizing her professionalism and her ability to facilitate your questions accordingly.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had a great time in Miami and this hotel was apart of my great experience there. The staff was wonderful in working with us. My friend had her credit card (this is the credit card that the hotel was booked on) stolen the day before the trip. The manager understood our situation and she worked with us on the paying for the hotel and deposit. The room was beautiful two bedroom and two and half bathroom suite. It was big enough for fit 6 women. There was just three suggestions that I have for improvement one is the water needs to be hotter. I love hot showers. Also, they need a business center. Lastly the room needs to be dusted and floors cleaned. I would wear a white pair of socks and the bottom of my sock would be all black. The breafast also need to be reevaluated because it barely enough but the breakfast that was served was good. The trick is if you are with a group of people order both choices and share then you will have enough food. The front desk staff was very nice. There was a guy name Rick, who gave us the hottest spots to go out to. Shout out to Rick!!!!!!Go to the Rec on Thursdays if you love old school hip hop

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amanda L
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I am delighted to read that we met your expectations on our hotel room product and that our staff provided you with great service. I also wanted to extend my sincere apologies if any inconveniences transpired on not having a business center, however, I am excited to inform you that we will be offering a business center computer and printer in the upcoming month as we are always striving to improve our guest amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon and hope we can take your experience to another notch on your return.

Respectfully,

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend had her bachelorette party here and we stayed in one of the gorgeous penthouse suite. Omg it was breath taking from the decor, the view, roof top pool and friendly hosts! If the service couldn't get any better, when i got home i forgot to bring some sand back from the beach for a little project that i planned to do for my friend for a memorabilia gift. I called the hotel and Jessica R. went out of her way and guess what i received My Sand!! Even tho another trip out there just to get some sands would have been better but Jessica came to the rescue! 5 Star!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Shakera A
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for such a memorable occasion!

I am pleased that our lovely room décor and Rooftop Pool met your expectations. I will pass along your kind words to Jessica and thank you for taking the time to recognize the exceptional service that she provided.