“Great, creative dishes and attentive service”
Review of Pubbelly

Pubbelly
Reserve with OpenTable
Pubbelly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #163 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bayshore
Miami
“Great, creative dishes and attentive service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We went for a late dinner and the restaurant was full, but we managed to get a table outside.

Because all the menu items looked so enticing, we got the Pubbelly sharing tasting menu which allowed us to sample ~10 different dishes. The pork-belly dumplings were great as were the bacon-wrapped dates and the McBelly, which is a slider topped with kimchee. To my tastes, these were the three best dishes, but all of the others were also great.

The wait-staff was very attentive and the intervals at which the dishes arrived was very well timed.

• Visited December 2013

Miami Beach, Florida
“Love.”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Best bacon wrapped dates. Love this place. The owners are phenomenal. I always feel at home and try to make it a destination when I have guests in town.

Visited June 2013
Paris, France
“Inventive and tasty”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

everyone should try this Gem in the Purdy ave area. It is tasty, new, and the laid back atmosphere is great!

Visited December 2013
“good food, dark atmosphere”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I went with 6 other people. it was packed. so we knew we had to wait. the table was too small for all 7 of us. couldn't sit comfortably because we were squished. the food really did make up for the uncomfortableness. ordered the fried chicken kimchi wraps (great), salt and pepper squid was awesome, mofungo was ok as a side dish, the udon carbonara was the best. very pricey for the portions. bacon wrapped dates were perfectly cooked but the dates were too sweet. overall it was too dark could barely see what we were eating and drinking.

Miami, Florida
“Great food, so-so service.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I went there once with my lady, and the food was good, and the service was . . .just ok. Our server seemed distracted and a little overworked. Maybe it was just a new server, I wasn't upset, and I tipped as well as I do anywhere else.

Excited about the food, I brought a big group of my friends over here for dinner, and after a strong recommendation on my part, I was severely let down and to a small degree embarrassed for my decision.

My friends had a few questions about the menu that were responded with a certain degree of condescension from our waiter. The big stink came when I requested an order of the kimchi fried rice but not so spicy. The server said that he just wasn't going to even bother asking the chef because he knew he was going to say no. It's only after I asked him then to please bring me a manager that he came back and said "Oh yeah , you're lucky , I talked to the chef and he said he would do it ". Maybe it wasn't his fault, maybe it's a policy of the house and that's how he was trained. However, his attitude all throughout the meal was dismissive and uncomfortable. I worked at a restaurant in my younger years, and so have many of my friends, so we're all incredibly flexible and sympathetic towards all of our servers, but this server, whose name I will leave out of this review, just could have cared less about providing us with good service.

I still recommend a visit to this place, to try the pork belly which is delicious, and to definitely try some good craft beers in a cool environment, but definitely not to expect too much service for what you'll pay for the meal.

Visited November 2013