The Hotel of South Beach
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)
$261
$198
  • Pool
Albion South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Gale South Beach(Miami Beach)
$229
  • Restaurant
$189
$279
  • Pool
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$499
  • Pool
The Standard, Miami(Miami Beach)
$289
$296
Travelocity
$292
$272
Travelocity
1,877 results
All reviewsnews caferooftop poolocean drivesouth beachcouture roomconcierge johnfrozen mojitoart decoperfect locationmain buildingwet williesself parkingpeople watchingboutique hotelbeach chairscollins avenuestreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I must say that I'm a little hesitant about writing such a raving review of this wonderful hotel, because I'm afraid of letting too many people know how great it is ;) But oh well,
I wish everyone could have as great a stay as we did.

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon, and although our room wasn't quite ready, the hotel was very helpful at storing our luggage while we went down the street and grabbed a bite to eat.

Staff-
The concierge, John, was extremely helpful and told us all the different areas we should check out.
One of the "bellmen", Tony, helped us to our room after they called my cell phone to tell us our room was ready. He brought our bags upstairs to our 3rd floor ocean view room (over a couple roof tops, but hey you could see the ocean, perfectly fine by us), and gave us a quick tour of our room. :) All the staff at The Hotel and their restaurant WISH were amazing. We had such great service while there.

The Room-
The room had the most closet and drawer space of any hotel room that I have ever stayed in. We each had our own closet and for two girls that is a huge plus! The bed was absolutely amazing! So comfortable! The bathroom was a little small, but with about 5 mirrors around the room itself, one of us could easily get ready in the room, while the other is using the bathroom.

The Hotel-
Not very crowded, which was a huge plus! The roof top pool was great and so were the pool-side massages that John set up for us. We didn't get a chance to check out the roof top bar at night, but it looked like it would have been fun.
And the fact that the beach is only one block away, and you recieve complementary beach chairs, towels, and an umbrella...you can't beat that! Very close to all the nightlife you could ask for, without being a huge party hotel. Very relaxing!

The Restaurant- WISH- By far the best meal we had on our trip. No wonder it is one of two 4 star restaurants in South Beach. We each tried the 4 course tasting menu for $70 and the portions were perfect, choice of two appetizers each, a main course, and dessert. The drinks here are called electric cocktails and are neon in color and come with a light up ice cube. So great! Food- A+ Drinks- A+, Ambiance- A- (only because we sat directly under a palm tree and had pollen falling on us throughout most of the night, but the outdoor setting and food strongly made up for that.)

Overall-
Both of us have commented several times that every time we come back to Miami, this is where we'll stay. Outstanding hotel, fantastic price! You can't get much better than this.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank tmbarber
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Boutique hotel in a perfectly situated location in the heart of South Beach. Building has a lot of character (art deco), staff is very friendly, and bar at the rooftop pool makes the best (and strong) mojitos. Rooms are a bit tired and dated, but nicely kept clean. Same applies to tired hallways and slow single elevator.

Pros: Location, free beach chairs and umbrella (huge pro), rooftop bar, staff.
Cons: Rooms/hallways are tired.

If price is no consideration would recommend a bigger more modern hotel, but The Hotel is a reasonable value for the product, so I recommend. We had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank jb1234567
Reviewed May 4, 2010

After searching for nearly a month for the perfect hotel, we came across The Hotel. This was our first vacation together (alone - no children) in almost 19 years, so we wanted something romantic, reasonably priced, close to the beach, and close to the action. Since we didn't rent a car, we wanted everything to be in walking distance too. The Hotel has the best location. Top notch fashion stores directly across the street and trendy restaurants and clubs just around the corner made everything easy and pleasureable. The staff was very friendly. The Wish restaurant is pricey, but worth it.

The only down-fall were the very, very thin walls..you could hear just about everything going on next door (which explains why we got a call from the front desk at 3:00 a.m....our neighbors thought we were being a little loud - hehehehehe). The carpets in the hallway could use either a really good cleaning or new carpeting all together. We loved our bathroom - especially the shower...very big with 3-shower heads! We also loved the pool on the rooftop...A lady with a massage table came and set up in one of the cabana's - she offered 30 & 60 minute massages which sounded really good...I wanted to, but couldn't tear myself away from the lounge's. They also offer beach service. There's a blue hut on the beach...all you have to do is give your name and room number and they will set up your lounge chairs (with terry-cloth covers and beach towels) and umbrella in any spot on the beach for you...it's really nice!

Can't say enough about the location!! location, location, location!!! Aside from the beach being a short walk from the hotel, there are many other amenities to being at this hotel. Collins runs in-between Washington Ave and Ocean Drive. Ocean Drive is where the beach is and all the trendy restaurants, boutiques and clubs...great place to sit at night and people-watch! Washington Ave has many trendy boutiques...The Kardashian's store Dash-Miami is on Washington Ave...really cool going in there (unfortunately, we had just missed seeing Kloe and Kourtney). The boutiques on Collins are very, VERY pricey!! One store advertised 50% off...the front of the store was shabby and in need of a paint job (quick)...my husband and I went in and was greeted by a perky young sales girl who repeatedly told us that everything in the store was 50% off...when I picked up the first dress (a simple cotton/rayon sundress - nothing special) I almost choked!! It was regularly priced at $1,100!! I went into shock and couldn't talk...I really couldn't understand why it was so expensive...I picked up another dress (grey, sequinned short spaghetti strap dress) and it's price was $2,500...I looked at my husband and said let's get out of here! LOL!! I found that most of the boutiques on Collins were over-priced...the boutiques on Washington (besides Dash-Miami) were more reasonable.

We'd go back again and again!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TJC163
Reviewed May 4, 2010

My girlfriend and I traveled to South Beach for WMC 2010 and stayed at The Hotel. The reviews we already good, but we enjoyed The Hotel even more. The staff was very nice, friendly and always helpful. Our room was very clean and the bathrooms were just as tidy. The pool on the roof is more for relaxing but there is a decent ocean view. They have poolside food & drink service and there is also a bar on the other side of the roof. Location is great for what we were there for, but could be a tad loud at times for someone who may have wanted a more peaceful stay. Close the beach, shopping, restaurants and just about everything. 15-20 minute walk to North Beach.... take the path by the beach!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

From start to finish our vacation was perfect. Arriving very early we were quickly greeted by David the extremely concierge, he took our bags and showed us where we could change and suggested The Pelican for lunch which was fantastic. After lunch we came back to The Hotel and lounged for an hour by the pool (phenomenal!!!) before being called that our room was ready. The room was small but cozy and had everything we needed for our stay. After settling we enjoyed the rest of the afternoon on the roof deck by the pool sipping frozen Mojitos (every drink we ordered was made perfectly).

We took a fishing charter which the concierge set up for us one day and the rest of our trip we walked down to the beach and relaxed on the complementary beach chairs under an umbrella.

I would recommend signing-up on the website to be a Gold Member, you get complementary Continental breakfast and 10% off the bars and restaurants of the Hotel. The Continental breakfast was better then we could have gotten anywhere, the croissant was sliced and toasted with jams and butter and it also included a bowl of fresh cut fruit, coffee, and OJ. It was heaven for someone who enjoys breakfast in bed :)

I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple