“Small boutique gem with luxury feel”

The Hotel of South Beach
Ranked #21 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Baltimore, Maryland
“Small boutique gem with luxury feel”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I had a great at The Hotel. The staff, location and room was awesome, as I was pleasantly pleased with my stay. I will recommend this hotel to friends and family. I plan to stay at the hotel again in the near future.

Room Tip: Couture room
1 Thank tperry6892
Goldman P, Manager at The Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are also very pleasantly pleased to learn you've had such great stay with us.
Please contact us directly at reservations@goldmanproperties.com for your future visit to Miami.
Or email me directly. We will love to have you back.

Have a beautiful South Beach day.

Nara Azevedo - Sales Manager - The Hotel of South Beach - naraa@goldmanproperties.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed here with a friend for four nights and absolutely loved it! The Hotel's location on Collins Ave allows for substantial nightlife/shopping activity without sacrificing a good night's sleep and safety. Our corner room was extremely clean with four windows and an awesome partial ocean view. Hotel staff is extremely courteous and room service was also great. We would have been COMPLETELY lost had it not been for John (Concierge) who consistently offered great dining and excursion options with a smile. Thanks John! Can't wait to visit again soon!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Amanda L
Amanda, we really appreciate your 5 star rating review! In the name of John and all the staff we thank you very much and hope to see you soon.
Please let us know of your next visit in town, we will be glad to assist you and offer amazing rates and deals for our special repeat guests.

You can contact us directly at reservations@goldmanproperties.com or through my email.

Hope to see you soon.

Have a beautiful South Beach Sunny day.

Dudley, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The staff is the Hotel! Great new hires with the young men in the service areas. They want to make the customer feel great about the experience at the Hotel. We have been going to the Hotel for many years now due to the location and the staff. You get treated well and are close to everything. We look forward to the expansion of their services to Gold customers and the overall operation!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more spacious!
1 Thank Customer335
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I have been to many south beach hotels and this one STANDS OUT for several reasons!
I walked in and was immediately greeted by the manager, Luis, with a huge smile. He assisted me with with check in and gave me 2 drink vouchers! I went up to bar and met the nicest, most attentive bartender named Adrian. Adrian was so attentive my entire stay! Everyone made me feel so welcome! The pool is fantastic with a beautiful ocean view. It's such an intimate experience because it is a small hotel, so the entire staff knows each guest.
It's a beautiful thing when you go to there bar and you don't even have to tell them what you want.....it's just made for you!:-)
The Conceirge service it's outstanding also!
Make sure you ask for a room with a balcony because, it is a boutique hotel; therefore, the rooms are a tad small. But your never in the room anyway :-)

Thumbs up!!!! Great job!
I defiantly will go again!!!!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Request balcony room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jay E
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Super close to all the wonders of South Beach, yet relaxed enough to get some well needed rest. Great and friendly staff. Strong attention to detail. Clean rooms with spacious bathroom. A bit pricey, but you know, it's South Beach. In my opinion, it's worth it!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Arundel
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

"The Hotel" is a very nice place, things just did not go well during our two night stay. Having been shown to our room after checking in the first thing that hit me was that it stunk of cannabis (as did the corridor)! The member of staff didn't say a thing but once he had left the room my wife said exactly the same thing. We tried not to think much of it, opened the window which seemed to help and then went to the pool. On returning we had the same problem; it was so strong. To cut a long story short, the corridor and our room again stunk of cannabis when we returned from dinner. I told the member of staff at the desk and, whilst not being rude, said a room change would not be possible. She instead sent security up to our floor. Moving forward, in the morning the room still stunk. This time my wife went and complained (to a different member of staff) who moved us immediately. My wife was not in the best of moods having not slept at all. The smell didn't help but also the room above us had incredibly creaky floorboards (this was apparent when we were moved up to the 3rd floor). You could literally hear every step the people above were taking and they seemed to be up all night! Luckily I can sleep through anything but it was very loud.

After being moved we had a much better 2nd night, although noise was still an issue. We were positioned opposite the elevator door: not good. Could hear it going up and down and when people were chatting it felt like they were in the room with us.

I imagine that we were just very unfortunate during our stay at "The Hotel". It is a beautiful building, the pool is great and, on the whole, the staff were very friendly and helpful. However, I don't expect to stay anywhere that smells like a drug den and the noise was an issue throughout. Would I return? I would be tempted to give them another try but the first experience didn't leave a great impression.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Luke1301
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2014

we stayed this past weekend from a cruise and we checked in early, the service staff was very friendly and gave us good tips on where to eat and where to go visit. in particular David and Daniel are the two people who were outstanding and very helpful. The front desk guy who worked saturday morning ( can't remember his name) was also outstanding with the ease of checking in early and back out. They held our luggage for a few hours while we wait for our late flight. My only complaint is that it could be a bit quieter at night but in the hotels defense it was a sat night in south beach.

1 Thank Christopher H