“Great boutique hotel”

The Hotel of South Beach
Ranked #21 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Wonderful location in the heart of South Beach, excellent concierge services, easily accessible to the beach itself (with lounge chairs provided by the hotel). We enjoyed the art deco touches, particularly after we became more knowledgeable after our Art Deco Walking tour! It is a lovely hotel and we would be happy to return.
Room was large, clean and quiet. While the hotel had a restaurant for breakfast and dinner, we opted to eat on Ocean Ave. for breakfast, and then walked to Espanola way for dinner.
Looking forward to returning next year.

There are newer reviews for The Hotel of South Beach

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I just stayed at this property from 3/17/14 to 3/18/14 and I have to say that when I booked online with Hotels.com i tough the property would be small, dirty, old hotel with rude employees. Wow, was I wrong... The property outside seemed clean and inviting. As soon I walked in to the front desk to check in a nice lady greeted us and right away she asked if I had bags and a car. And had a nice gentleman move my car somewhere safe and took care of my bags. At that moment I knew I was going to have a great stay. The property inside (lobby, elevators, hallways) seemed very nice & clean. The room was nice & clean. When I went to check out I received the same attention I received when I checked in. Wow, I have stayed in many properties and I have to say that this property will have me again & again.
They treated me like a king...

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This medium-sized hotel in the heart of the Art Deco District and one block from Ocean Drive7 the beach is a great choice for a vacation. We didn't come for the beach but instead focused on all the great architecture, shops and food. The decor of the hotel is art deco, the rooms are good sized, there is pool on the roof and a wonderful outdoor patio for brunch, snacks and drinks. The quesadillas were best ever. The staff was very warm and efficient.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I recently stayed at The Hotel on a business trip and I was very happy with the experience. The location, right across the from the beach and in the middle of all of the shops and restaurants in the area, was great. The rooftop and pool was a great, quiet space with amazing views.

The hotel staff were fantastic - very helpful, friendly and responsive. I'm comfortable saying they are the nicest staff I've encountered at a hotel and I travel a fair amount for business and fun. Housekeeping was attentive and offered an evening turn-down service.

The hotel is a smaller, boutique hotel with two buildings. Originally the Tiffany hotel (the spire is on top), it has great Art Deco touches without feeling old or worn out - just comfortable. The main building hosting the restaurant, pool, lobby and most rooms. The other building is just around the corner above the News Stand with a few rooms. I saw a few rooms in the main building and they varied in size and layout, but they were all nicely decorated and clean. My room in the other building was large and bright with an amazing balcony that overlooked Ocean Ave. and the beach. It was loud at night, but worth using earplugs to have the balcony. I suspect the rooms in the main building were quieter.

I had a simple breakfast one morning at the hotel restaurant and, unlike so many hotels, it was good, freshly made and very reasonably priced. The outdoor seating area is great. Despite being right off the street, it is full of mature plants, lots of shade and seems much quieter. The food that the hotel provided during our business meetings was excellent. Our group had nothing but positive things to say about it and we tend to be picky. My only suggestion is to have a knowledgeable staff member available during meal times to answer questions about ingredients and preparation or have that information readily-available on the description cards. We had a few guests who were vegetarian or have other dietary issues and they weren't sure of everything they could eat and there wasn't someone available to assist.

Thanks for such a great experience!

Room Tip: If you're not in the main building, try to stay on the third floor (the highest) for less street...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was our 2nd stay and once again the Service, staff, facilities were wonderful, as is the location. Of all the hotels we have stayed in the world over this in its own way rates with the best we have stayed in.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the building facing Ocean Avenue, although the gym and pool are in the other build...
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Hotel at least a dozen times always a wonderful amazing vacation. Staff there always makes me feel so welcomed. The roof top pool is my best feature, you are in heaven. If you need to relax and escape this is the place to come. Don't forget to try the Spire cocktail. Once again the concierge John is top notch.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for work for three days. Location is ideal for south beach activities. Hotel staff very helpful. Rooms are cozy and view from roof is gorgeous. Hallway was a bit loud at night and you can hear the street noises sometimes but overall it was a comfortable stay. Meeting room was large and well furnished. Lunch provided was fantastic. I would be glad to attend another meeting held here.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business