“Position perfect”

The Hotel of South Beach
Ranked #15 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for 5 nights from june 10th, it is a small boutique hotel, the staff are all very nice and attentative. If you need something just ask. Its split in two and situated on 8th and collins but some rooms are overlooking ocean drive. We stayed on ocean drive with our balcony overlooking the beach and street shops. It can be a bit noisy around 5 am when the clubs are closing but the sun comes up so early it didnt bother us. The rooms are small but your not in it that much anyway being on south beach your always outside doing things. Beds were amazing, cant fault the rooms. Very secure someone on the desk 24 hrs. For a top class meal try a Fish called Avalon on ocean drive 700.

Room Tip: Ocean front our favorite level 3
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We visited this hotel in May stayed for 6 nights. Location is perfect for Ocean Drive, room really nice and service was fantastic. Pool is on the roof with great view onto the beach, there is also a pool bar. The staff were all really nice and always very helpful especially Neil the hotel manager who made our stay really enjoyable.

Would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend. So glad I picked this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Hotel for 2 nights. This is our favorite hotel in South Beach. The location is unbelievable, our room was amazing, the shower had great water pressure, and our bed was so comfortable. The staff is amazing and treated us as if we were their only guests. Thank you, John for the terrific dinner recommendations! The roof top pool and view cannot be beat!! I could stay there all day. However, your reservation comes with complementary beach towels and chairs!! I cannot wait until we are back.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at The Hotel for 2 nights. We enjoyed the location, it's in the midst of where it all happens in Miami, just a 2 minute walk to the beach and Ocean Drive with it's bars/restaurants/clubs. The hotel staff is very attentive and always try to help. The swimmingpool on the roof is nice, although it's not that big. It does look out over the ocean, which is always good. Unfortunately, the rooftop lounge was closed for the season, so I cannot comment on that. The drinks at the pool however were tasteful.
The only downside for me was the room. It's small (as most South Beach hotel rooms are), but it was stuffed with (ugly) furniture which made it quite hard for us to get around. The bed is also very high and me as a pregnant woman had a hard time getting on and off the bed. The bathroom is small, but nice.
Would I stay here again? I think not, simply because I don't think the price matches the quality. I've stayed in the Townhouse Hotel in South Beach a couple of years ago and I liked that one better, although I did miss a swimming pool there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mhot
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Place is absolutely fabulous, great service, the boys at the desk and the vallet, the most helpful, professional wonderful bunch. Treated us like celebrity's, fantastic location, (stayed on the ocean dr side) rooftop pool is insanely gorgeous, the view, ridiculous!!! The room, OMFG! The bed, so comfortable, the shower, sexiest shower I've been in. And that mini bar, stocked to the gills! Stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Snips2685
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well, let me start off by stating that when we arrived to south beach we did not have reservation for a hotel my husband just happen to walk in to the hotel and spoke to Daniel who was excellent he was very attentive an professional. First we booked for three days, then stayed for three more days. Our experience was great! Room was clean everyday let me add that the bar in the pool needs more of a selection but I am sure they are working on this. Our stay was made so special because of the attention of Daniel, Esteban, John, Neil and Douglas these guys are just wonderful. We felt very safe the staff were always making sure of that. We would highly recommend the Hotel.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have stayed two times at The Hotel and both times have been grand! John, the concierge was friendly , helpful, and his recommendations were spot on! Daniel, the bellman was friendly and very concerned that we had everything we needed. I wish I could remember everyone's name but just so you know, everyone was friendly and genuinely glad we were there !

While on the small side (the Hotel is an historic lodging and indicative of the time period it was built), it is very classy and elegant without being gaudy. The design theme is carried throughout the building. There is even a kuerig coffee maker in the room along with a well stocked mini frig. Keep in mind, you will be paying south beach prices!

One block away from the beach, your room comes with complimentary towels and chairs at the beach . No having to lug them there!

On the day of our checkout, our bellman invited us to stay as long as we wanted. He secured our luggage until we were ready to go. We continued to enjoy the beach, then returned to use the pool on the top of the building. When we were ready to leave, we were able to shower off by the pool. The shower was equipped with bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, and a hair dryer!

On this trip, we didn't eat at their restaurant so I can't comment on that. However, there was inside (meaning air cond.) dining as well as outside in a beautiful courtyard.

All the action of ocean drive is one block away and since it sits on the corner of 8th & Collins drive, shopping is just outside the door.
We will return to Miami beach and we will stay at The Hotel again!

Room Tip: Both times we've stayed in 318 which is right across from the elevator and looks out onto Collin...
1  Thank Debbie F