“Not flashy but what a hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel

The Hotel
Ranked #21 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Melbourne Australia
“Not flashy but what a hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed 3 nights here & although the photos made it look larger, it is 3 storeys of great hotel. Great location, very clean & very modern & the service from the staff was sensational. The concierge (John) knew everything from which restaurants to choose to where a small and cost effective laundry could be found. We stayed in the hotel section on Ocean Drive & it was a little noisy in the wee hours due to the bar out front being a 24 hour operation so if in one of the front rooms, ensure you have a night cap!

Room Tip: Ocean drive half of the hotel is two minutes closer to the action but noisier.
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just returned home from a stay at The Hotel in South Beach. It is a wonderfully decorated art nouveau hotel without being too "kitschy." Didn't see any rowdy young folks or hear any of the noise that can be prevalent at South Beach hotels. The staff, especially the bellhop David, are warm and ever helpful...anticipating and accommodating your every need. It's not a budget-price hotel, but well worth the money and easily afforadable if split between two people. The free Wifi and the access to PCs in the business center are also a plus. The hotel's location at 8th and Collins is a one block walk to the beach where free lounge chairs and towels are provided. Also plenty of restaurants and shopping are right outside the Hotel's doors. My friend and I decided on this overnight stay at the Hotel before returning home after landing in Miami at 6:30 am from a 9 hour international flight. I can't wait to return to the Hotel at South Beach for a much longer vist.

Room Tip: If you need two beds ask for Room 223, a corner room overlooking the courtyard.
Waldorf
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hotel was clean and staff VERY attendant. Pricey, quiet, and comfortable. Roof-top pool was great! Prepare for $18/day parking and more inflation then Washington! Beer - $10, mixed drink start at $17! Food on the "beach" is right up there also -$21 for normal breakfast! A neat place to visit, but don't stay "on the beach. Cheaper food and drink two blocks back! Check out Manolo's, 7th and Washington.

Room Tip: There ARE no "views" available....hotel is 1/ block back from beach.
    • 2 of 5 stars
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend in April and thought everything was perfect. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was larger than expected, you can't beat the location, and I loved the décor. Our room was clean and quiet -- as quiet as it can so close to the street. I would absolutely go back to this hotel again.

1 Thank cle s
Goldman P, CRM Specialist at The Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear cle s,

Thank you for your review and kind words. We are happy we were able to exceed your expectations and offer you great service and accommodations. We do hope you will return to visit us again very soon as we look froward to having you stay with us again.

Warmest Regards,
Guadeloupe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

the location is excellent . We will certainly visit the property again.

The only bad thing is when you go to the beach and ask to be on the front line
it seems that the beach keeper 's prefer to put their customer instead of the hotel clients

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I recently visited The Hotel, as we celebrated our 30th anniversary.

We were very pleased with our experience; the room was clean and exactly as represented, with good amenities for the size and location. The staff were exceptional, with excellent recommendations of restaurants and other activities from the gentlemen manning the concierge desk. The location is excellent for exploring on foot, the hotel is exactly one block from the beach, and the beach amenities (included in your room rate) are also excellent. We will certainly visit the property again; while not cheap, and a Miami Beach which is priced for Europeans, we felt this hotel was a fine value.

1 Thank V35A
Goldman P, CRM Specialist at The Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear V35A,

Let us begin by saying congratulations on 30 years of marriage and a celebratory vacation well deserved! We are very happy to hear that our staff was able to accommodate all of your needs and provide you with excellent service making your getaway that much more special and memorable.
It’s so nice to hear you were able to journey through our magical city and enjoy what it has to offer. We are also very glad that you were able to take advantage of the hotel amenities and have a great time at the beach! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the future. Wishing you many more years of happiness!

portland,oregon, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I just got done staying here for a week,and was very disappointed upon arrival in seeing the room. The photos from the website made the hotel,and the rooms look much nicer then they are. I had a cigarette burn on my bedspread, a stain on a wood piece by the mirror, and all the furniture looked very tired,and stained. I think the hotel was amazing when it was first done, but hasn't been kept up. Also, I was shocked that the windows were frosted and I couldn't look out my window it made me feel like I was in prison. I have never stayed at a hotel that is a 4 star place and not been able to look out the window. Also, the bed isn't a queen size bed as promised. The ice machine was right across from my room (315),and I asked to be moved because of the noise. The guy at the front desk said it's in a room,and I said "So I can still hear it". He said he would do his best to move me I saw him again,and he said nothing. So, I realize he totally blew me off,and didn't even try.

The location is excellent though,and in a quiet area. The rooms are paper thin,and I could hear all my neighbors,and people talking in the hallways. John the concierge was excellent I would give him an A for helping book excursions,and finding places for me to hear live music. I would give John a raise for sure. Also, Loris by the pool,and Karen very friendly. So, I found the staff mixed. Some very friendly and helpful,and others not so much. I did ask for a room that I could look out and the same guy that shined me on said that would be $50 more a night. If I was in customer service I would have done a free upgrade. I have never been so shocked checking into a hotel to have no way of looking out. As a result I wouldn't recommend this hotel except for the great concierge John.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NikolasPDX
Dear NikolasPDX,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your Trip Advisor review posting. Please accept my sincere apology for the disappointment you encountered upon your arrival to our hotel. Please understand that in regards to the furnishings, the hotel has chosen to preserve the original design in order to maintain the original essence of the hotel. But please have my assurance that we will be immediately looking into the bedspread issue and stains on the furnishings. As for the frosted windows, that is done in an effort to block out the alleyways for the rooms that do not offer a view. We also do it to offer privacy of the neighboring buildings. Because of the original construction in South Beach, hotels and other buildings stand very close to one another and rooms located on the rear or alley side of the building offer little to no view or privacy. We do hope you will consider visiting us again so that we could place you within a room that is not in the rear or an alley and offers a better view and non-frosted windows.

As for the beds, all of our rooms only offer a queen or king size bed with the exception of double bed rooms. The double bed rooms come with two full sized beds. Were you in a double bed room? Our apologies that you felt overlooked by one of our staff members and we will look into this issue. On the other hand, I will make sure to pass on to John the very kind comments about his service.
Again, our sincerest apologies and we do hope you will return and give us another opportunity to offer you an experience that will instead leave you with wonderful memories.

Kindest Regards,