“Loved my stay here!”

The Hotel of South Beach
Ranked #19 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 31, 2012

After staying in so many disappointing rooms in Sobe this one was a breath of fresh air. Perfect location, quiet yet situated right in the middle of everything. Stayed in the new building closer to Ocean Drive and the Room was big and beautiful; bed was amazing, sheets and pillows were the best! The shower was awesome and service impeccable. Can't wait to come back!

Stayed: August 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,801)

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We loved our stay at The Hotel. At times in Miami I was concerned about safety, however, the Hotel's location was excellent - meters away from Miami Beach, countless restaurants and bars, a 7/11 and fashion shopping. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms spacious and clean. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kazk82
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is our second time at this hotel. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The location is great. A block away from the beach, and right on Collins Ave. It is near shopping and dining. The rooftop pool/bar is a perfect way to end your beach day.

Room Tip: Rooms are small so make sure you reserve for the right amount of people
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mandy W
Reviewed August 17, 2012

$175 per night for a hotel of this quality in Miami Beach - is a really good deal. Collins Avenue is just one street away from Ocean Drive and the beaches. At "The Hotel" you are only few steps away from everything interesting that is happening at Miami Beach. The Hotel is nice; by European standards this would be a 3+Star Hotel. Rooms are just OK, with enough space for 2 adults and a small child. We were traveling with 2 children, so it was relatively tight and crowded.
There is a small but nice swimming pool located at the roof of the hotel, with a small bar serving tasty cocktails. Valet parking is available, for $28 per day, but it takes 20 minutes to get your car. Now the hotel is on "my list" and I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JanuszRoman
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My best friend and I traveled to Miami for the weekend and from the moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated with exceptional care. Our flight arrived early, we checked our baggage with the most delightful bellman (Daniel) and we headed up to the pool area to chill out for a while. We ran into another really nice bellman on the way up who joked with us and made us feel very welcome (David).

The reason I made sure to make this review though is because of Vanessa! She was great! She checked us in and since we were early she took my cell to let us know when the room was ready; this was new to me no one has ever offered to call me to let me know when my room was ready, so I was impressed immediately, it's the small things. I checked in with her prior to to her call and she informed me that she found us a room with two beds (our reservation was for a king) but we'd have to wait a bit longer. I was totally fine with that anyway but she also gave us drink vouchers while we waited. After just about 10 minutes of waiting she informed us that if we didn't mind a king bed after all she would just upgrade us to an oceanfront room so we wouldn't have to wait. YES!

Ok, enough about the people. The hotel is in a phenomenal location, right across from the beach, close to the nightlife just smack dab in the midst of all the fun of South Beach. We didn't walk more than 3-4 blocks for anything. Our room was incredibly spacious and well appointed, the decor was trendy and attractive. The bathroom had a ton of space. Due to our room upgrade we faced the ocean and looked right out on Ocean drive. I had a ball sitting on the balcony 'people watching' and amazingly enough...once I closed the balcony door the noise was imperceptible and trust me the street is noisy. So A+ for that. We called for extra towels and housekeeping was extremely responsive, they arrived in less than 5 minutes.

Needless to say, I totally plan to stay there again. I'd never stayed on South Beach so I agonized over the hotel selection and I am so glad I settled on this one. By the time I left I felt like I made new friends. Yes I know my new "friends" are probably all in my head b/c they likely treat everyone like that but let me have my moment. See you next time!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank LoveRonni
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Traveled with family( two adults & two teens ) & found the hotel to be very child friendly unlike other Miami hotels we tried.The pool was great & the location was perfect . Only problem we had was noisey neighbours, a load of screaming girls that was just bad luck. So if you are looking for a good value hotel give it a go !

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Simplicity4
Reviewed July 29, 2012

A little pricey two night $531 fri & sat that's including all the taxes but very good stay at The Hotel! Cute hotel, across the street from Wet Willies diagonal on Collins. Staff very helpful- let me check in at 6am, it wasn't busy around this time so they didn't even think twice when I requested the early check in. Night front desk girl- was soooo sweet! I was also able to extend my check out time 1 hour, & checked out at 1pm instead of 12. Roof top pool- with bar, cabanas and outside shower. Very sexy, cute look up there. Roof top over looks onto the beach and ocean.. Room was spacious, bathroom as well. They stored my luggage for me as I waited on my shuttle to head to the airport, I do lock my luggage so I didn't worry. The Hotel does provide free beach chairs and $15.00 a day for an umbrella on the beach.
Tips: I didn't drink at the hotel nor eat. Collins has a good Spanish restaurant between 8 & 9th and the big pink for breakfast on 2nd & Collins also the sandwicheria on 14th and Collins are all less expensive places to get a good meal! There's a Walgreens around 4th and Collins with a liquor store, a bottle of ciroc coconut -$24 a small styrofoam cooler to keep juices and wine cooolers cold-The hotel has an ice machine-unlimited. And you'll save a lot of money. Anywhere on ocean- they'll tell you eat for half price and free drinks- bill is still $100 Also if landing in Fort Lauderdale - take a shuttle $21.00 per person, we got robbed for $80.00 taking a taxi at the airport. Goairportshuttle.com Miami beach is a great weekend getaway- book everything at least 4-6 weeks in advance for the best pricing and Enjoy the Sun! Cheers!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple