“Awesome service, nice hotel, but not perfect”
Review of Sagamore

Sagamore
Ranked #87 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed in a King Suite - booking on short notice, so we paid top dollar - $750 for Saturday night. It was nice, but certainly not worth that kind of money. The refrigerator in the room didn't work and their attempt to fix it also failed. It took about 24 hours to get a new refrigerator and even that didnt really cool things. The sofabed is extremely uncomfortable and impossible to sleep on. Again, the hotel tried to resolve it, but in truth the mattress on the sofabed was just thin foam and there was no making it ok. The walls are thin, so you hear everything happening next door and in the hallways and every single horn honking all night long.

However, the Sagamore's best quality is it's staff. Every step of the way, they were great. Front desk - friendly and welcoming. Waiter and waitress at the pool, excellent service. Maintenance guy who tried to fix our refrigerator - really sweet guy who spent a lot of time trying to fix it. Housekeeping that tried to fix our mattress situation - really accommodating. Manager who listened to our complaints really did his best to try to make us happy.

In addition, the location is great and right in the middle of the action. Hotel is decorated with artwork - very cool and inviting. Rooms was clean and included Aveda products. It's a great hotel and I probably wouldn't have any complaints if I had paid a reasonable rate for the room. But if you are going to charge me that much, you better be pretty much perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan K

Reviewed March 6, 2013

It is a small boutique type hotel. 5 floors surrounded by bigger hotels, such as the Delano and the Ritz. However, I liked that is was smaller and quieter and that I could walk to the hustle and bustle of other places if I wanted but I didn't have to stay.

What I also really liked was that it was a one bedroom suite. Separate bedroom and living area with door separation. TVs in the living room and bedroom. It was great as it rained one day and we wanted to watch two different things as well as not have to be stuck together the whole day in a one room hotel.

I do wish it was a bit closer to the main drag. When raining, it was impossible to get a taxi back and forth. I do also wish that the pool area was a bit bigger but it wasn't a horrible size.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Modern hotel. Excellent location near Lincoln Road and front of the beach. Staff courteous and professionnal. Suite very clean with good size. Basic breakfast not specially of the hotel standard.
Not too big .... Good stay

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

98Tahiti,

Thanks for your recent review of our property. It is great to hear such wonderfull feedback in regards to our staff and their level of service that they provided you.

We hope that you will continue to choose Sagamore in the future when traveling to South Beach. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Visited while on vacation in Miami and had a wonderful stay. I love the interiors and the location is perfect to everything. I would definitely stay again. The staff was very friendly, and dinner was delicious.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

L P,

Thanks for your terrific feedback after your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you had such a pleasant stay with us. I will make sure to share your terrific feedback with our staff and our chef.

We hope that you have found a new home away from home here at Sagamore and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've been to The Sagamore a few times for small business trips over the past few years.The accommodations were perfect for our group. Everything was so clean, the staff is so friendly and you can't beat the location. So when the opportunity came up a couple of weeks ago for a quick get-away to Miami with my family - this was the first place I thought of! The four of us stayed comfortably in our suite. I even recognized quite of few of the same employees from the years before. That says something. The pool has plenty of beds/seating - if a day by the pool is on your agenda. We also took advantage of the Sagamore plan and enjoyed chairs on the beach, wifi and breakfast each morning. Worked perfectly for us. My husband was particularly fond of how close we were to so many things..... the beach, Ocean Drive, Lincoln Blvd and even a tour to the Everglades that picked us up right at our front door. On our last day there we had lunch by the pool - I was reminded of how good the food there was as well. I definitely recommend The Sagamore - You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Danielle C

Danielle C,

Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful 5 star review of Sagamore. We are very happy that you got a chance to experience Sagamore on a real vacation as opposed to a business trip.

Our staff takes great pride in providing all of our guests with a memorable experience and many of our staff have indeed been here for many years. Our location certainly is one of our strongest features as it gives our guests the chance to experience some of the best sights and sounds of South Beach with only a short walk or cab ride.

We hope that you will get a chance to return soon on either a business trip or vacation and we will make sure to provide you with another terrific experience. We thank you again for choosing Sagamore.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I just returned from spending eight nights at the Sagamore in South Beach. Half my visit was business with my wife joining me for the 2nd half of the trip for some R&R. When spending more than a week in any hotel, the size of the rooms and suites at the Sagamore can be a real benefit. At no point did I feel like I needed more space, in fact I could have spent another week there, it was so comfortable.

Another key positive for this hotel is its location, a short walk to Ocean Dr, minutes to Lincoln Blvd and Espanola Dr. is only a few blocks away.

On the negative side, the hotel is a bit noisy, my room had no private outdoor space and if you are looking for action this is not the hotel for you.

If you are looking for great staff, a comfortable, large room in a great location consider the Sagamore South Beach.

Room Tip: Sagamore Suites offer plenty of space but have no outdoor area

Sandy M,

Thanks for your recent review of Sagamore. We are thrilled that your extended stay with us went so well. Sagamore definitely is a great place when staying for a long period of time, as our spacious suites can provide plenty of room for an entire family to stay comfortably.

We do indeed have rooms that offer private outdoor space, however these rooms are different categories than the Sagamore Suite which you booked. We have garden view, oceanfront, and Bungalows which all offer balconies and can also be a great room to spend the week with a family.

We thank you for the feedback and we hope that you will return to Sagamore for another great experience with us. Thanks for choosing our wonderful property!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel is very clean and the location is perfect. The hotel staff are the most considerate and attentive we have ever encountered. It is so refreshing to feel that each staff member not only enjoys their job, but they truly want to make your stay as comfortable as they can. Our five days there was just not enough; we are plannning to return as soon as we can!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction next door.

Laurie R,

Thanks for your review of our property. We thank you for your kind words about our staff as it is obvious they had a lot to do with your great time spent here.

Our staff is the backbone of our great property and can also be the difference between someone having a good stay, or giving someone a truly special experience.

We are happy to hear that you plan on returning to Sagamore. We take great pride in our repeat guests and we have many guests that return year after year. We look forward to your return and we thank you again for staying here with us!