“Great Package for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sagamore

Sagamore
Ranked #76 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Collingham, United Kingdom
“Great Package for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently stopped at the Sagamore in December prior to our cruise, and found it the ideally base for enjoying the Miami Beach area. This hotels ticks the boxes on the following fronts, The rooms - great size of room and in room facilities for the price. Location - just off the main ocean drive area so quieter and not too far to walk, also close to plenty of excellent restaurants and some of the high end hotels which are great for some of the cooler bars. Calm and relaxing atmosphere - as its not a destination hotel or on ocean drive, it is a lot quieter, great to chill after a big night out, and also has a nice pool area as well as access to the beach. Finally great staff - the staff are all very friendly and attentive, without being too intrusive - Micky on the pool bar area and Edgar on concierge of particular note.

In summary I feel the hotel offers a great package for the price.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a very generous size, and have a kitchenette area and large seating area, ideal fro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Pwillsy,

Thanks for the recent review after your pre-cruise stay with us. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay here with us.

Our location and room size are definitely one of our strong features as it is rare to find such a large spacious room in south beach for the price. Our location is certainly second to none as we truly are in the heart of south beach, surrounded by the best restaurants and nightlife Miami has to offer.

I will make sure I share your great comments with Mickey and the rest of the staff here at Sagamore. We hope you will return in the future for a longer stay so that you may have an even better time with us here at Sagamore.

James D'Agostino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed twice at The Sagamore before this visit & always loved it but sadly this visit it was looking very tired & in need of some tlc. The service was still superb but thinks like stained bathroom tiles & worn paint on tables....Should try harder !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Helen G,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback of our property after your last visit. We would like you to know that we currently have several projects planned that will address many of the issues you mentioned in regards to the wear and tear of the property.

We always do our best to try and address these issues as we become aware of them. We hope that you will return so that you may indeed see for yourself these changes which are just one of several ways we are striving daily to improve the overall Sagamore experience for everyone.

We thank you again for staying with us here at Sagamore.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Myself, along with 4 other girls stayed at this hotel. We all loved it! The space was gorgeous, the staff was wonderful and the location was so nice that we never actually made it on the beach! My favorite staff member was the guy who handles the chairs and umbrellas by the pool. He not only made sure to set your chair up by the pool but he would go around adjusting umbrellas to make sure you weren't getting over heated. And if you like caesar salad do yourself a favor and order one while laying by the pool! One of the best Caesar salads that I have had! Absolutely loved this place!

• Stayed September 2012
Djcynt,

We greatly appreciate your recent 5 star review after your stay here with us. We are very happy to have made your trip to Miami such a special one as our staff is always trying to go the extra mile for all of our guests.

I will be sure to pass along all your great praise to the staff at the pool as well as the restaurant kitchen. We hope that Sagamore will now become your hotel of choice here in South Beach and we hope you will be returning soon.

Thanks again for choosing Sagamore!

Bonner Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

From the minute we walked in, the staff was more than attentive. They noted that we not in the same room as the last time we were there and moved us next door on the penthouse floor. The room, an ocean view suite, was nearly identical to the one we had two years earlier and it was immaculate. It has an unobstructed view of the pool and the ocean with a large sitting room and equally large bedroom.

The longevity of the staff tenure says volumes about the management; front desk manager with 10 years, pool bartender with 3 years. They are all attentive and friendly. It is one of the reasons that we keep coming back and recommending it so highly. The other is the vibe of the hotel. It is far from the party palaces nearby. It is more like a hotel in Europe, refined and quite, down to the breakfast that includes cheese, salami, and boiled eggs. To that point, the majority of the quests are from Europe and South America, both family’s and couples.

When we are in Miami it is our first choice.

Room Tip: Any of the Ocean View Penthouse Suites 10, 11 or 12
WithEight,

Thanks for the fabulous 5 star review of Sagamore. We are thrilled that you continue to make Sagamore your home away from home here in Miami Beach.

We take great pride in the many repeat guests that we have on a weekly basis and you are a perfect example of that. Our staff is a very tight knit group that likes to treat all of our guests as family and that is a great part of why we have such a large percentage of repeat clients.

We hope that you will indeed to continue to stay here with us when traveling to Miami and we look forward to providing you with another flawless experience on your next visit!

New York, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently had the distinct misfortune of spending a get away weekend at the Sagamore. Flying down from NYC for a quick get away, my primary goal was to lounge around the pool having a restful weekend. Sadly, my little getaway was a total bust, and it was the Sagamore's fault.

After checking into our room early last Friday evening, a piece of paper was soon slid under the door. I uploaded a copy of the letter. It simply informed us that the pool and garden areas (essentially all of the outside property) and the lobby bar would be inaccessible to guests from Friday evening through Sunday morning. Seriously? Imagine our shock when we discovered that we would not be able to utilize the property and the amenities for which we had paid. We later discovered that the owner of the property had planned a party for his niece for her Bas Mitzvah. Real nice for his niece, but a giant F.U. to every last guest at that hotel. If he wanted to plan a party which resulted in shutting down the facility then he should not have sold rooms to guests planning their holiday time on that same weekend But, at this hotel, the customer comes last.

When the staff at the front desk was confronted about this letter, the same people that checked us in, they claimed that we had been told about this unfortunate situation when we had checked in only an hour earlier. This was a complete and total lie. If I had been told at that point, I would have confronted them at check in on this matter. Instead, the staff slid a note under the door with the hope of not having to deal directly with their customers. FAIL.

The solution to not having access to the pool that the front desk offered for us was that they would get us passes to use a pool at another hotel. Again....seriously? I paid to use the facilities at the Sagamore, not those of another hotel. However, ultimately, if we wanted to use a pool on Saturday, we had no other option but to go to another hotel. As such, we spent most of Saturday (the only full day of my holiday weekend) schlepping back and forth between the Delano and our hotel room. At one point, it rained, and we had to make a mad dash from the Delano back to the Sagamore, getting totally drenched in the process. Imagine....I paid for this privilege. Damn...I should have just stayed at the Delano; the scene was much better and the clientele was definitely more sophisticated.

Now let me share a little bit about the hotel. The property has an art theme. The art itself is not bad, but it's totally random. It's amazing how quickly that the art theme grows old. Yawn.

On the surface our room looked okay. As one starts to look a bit closer, the furniture is extremely worn, pealing paint in the bathroom, and just overall decay (please see uploaded pictures for a few examples). The room was a decent size, but to be honest with you, it was dated.

In addition, the hotel had no "energy". I estimated that at best the hotel was only half full. And for those of you looking for a chic Sobe weekend, this hotel caters to foreigners (e.g. British package tourists) and families. Since this is an all suite hotel, families pack their kids into the rooms. Yeah...nothing says Sobe like kids and families.

The hotel also has a restaurant. On Friday evening, there was not a single person using the uninspired looking space. Imagine that? We did have breakfast each morning at this same restaurant, but it simply offered a rather bland spread. I suggest skipping it and enjoying the many options nearby.

Many reviews mention how nice the staff is and for the most part that is true. However, I had e-mailed the concierge prior to arrival asking for assistance, and my e-mail was completely ignored. I confronted this concierge, and she denied it, but she was unable to produce a response to the e-mail that I showed her that I had sent. I guess she was "busy". In addition, the gentleman manning the pool on Sunday spent more time hanging at the bar and watching television with the bartender than assisting the guests. Abandoned towels, plastic cups, and garbage were everywhere, and he seemed totally unconcerned. I found it simply amazing. However, after spending a couple of days at this property, I was not shocked.

Of course the party caused a ton of noise and commotion both Friday evening, all day Saturday, and Saturday evening. A relaxing experience this stay was not.

Finally, upon checkout, the woman at the desk apologized for the hotel management's poor decision to essentially shut the property down for the weekend, and said that I should return in the future and that on my next visit, they would ensure that I had a great experience. Again.... seriously?!?! If you don't know this, there are a wide variety of first class properties at the same price range in Sobe. For sure, on my next visit, I will spend my money at a property that respects its guests and values their business.

You've all been WARNED!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and check into another hotel.
7 Thank Trendster
Trendster,

We sincerely apologize for the recent experience you had here at Sagamore. It is never our goal for our guests to leave with a bad impression of our property as you will see from our many positive reviews here.

We do indeed apologize about our pool closure as we can understand the frustration upon check in that you felt. Our best option with our pool being closed was to offer the use of both of our neighboring properties, who were both able to provide our guests with a comparable pool experience. We have definitely made note of your feedback regarding the condition of your room and are working diligently to correct some of these issues as quickly as possible as well as several other areas of the hotel that require attention.

We do hope that in the future you will return so that you may get the proper experience here and see for yourself exactly why Sagamore is one of the best properties in Miami Beach.

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I travel extensively and have stayed in hundreds of hotels world-wide. Our resent experience at the Sagamore on Miami Beach was clearly in the top 1%. The accommodations were remarkably clean, modern, comfortable and very roomy, with more than enough lighting and an unobstructed view of the ocean and beach. The hotel staff - front desk, parking, house keeping, and pool - were always friendly and helpful. Not only is the Sagamore unique in the quality of the services provided for guests, but the hotel decor features an extensive art collection that is displayed throughout the hotel - guest rooms, as well as public areas. When returning to Miami Beach we will definitely check with the Sagamore for accommodations before any other.

Chazbs,

Thanks for your terrific 5 star review of our property. We are extremely happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience here with us.

We can see that you are very well traveled so we are honored to be considered in your top 1% as you mention staying in hundreds of hotels over the years. We are happy that you found our staff so accommodating as they obviously had a great impact on your overall stay.

We are pleased to hear that you will continue to choose Sagamore on your next visit to South Beach. We look forward to providing you with another great experience here next time and thanks again for choosing Sagamore!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Our Sagamore Suite was over 500 square feet. HUGE compared to our cabin on the cruise!

A fully appointed kitchenette even has a convection, microwave oven and huge fridge to hold lots of food or chill the wine. Large trays contained a full array of Bacardi brands and candies. Fridge was full of beverages too. The bath toiletries from BLISS were mint-scented that enveloped the over-sized jacuzzi tub bathroom with separate vanity. I loved the separate bedroom closed off with frosted glass sliding doors from the living room with the huge l-shaped leather couches which contained a sofa bed too.
The spa is BLISS-ful with patio overlooking the pool and bar. The tall pool attendant had observed that I had had too much sun the day before and brought me an umbrella to shield me from the sun so I could read my novel by the pool. Round beds, cabanas and cushy lounges surround the pool that's one inch to six feet deep so even the little ones can wade in the pool. It's a more intimate experience in the gardens and pool bordered by tall palm trees and a peek at the ocean and beach beyond the guest-only gate.
I spent Christmas as a child to teenager at the DeLido Hotel now Ritz Carlton next door so I walked along the beach to see if the trampoline was still there. It is not. Which proved to me that I was missing nothing by staying at the Sagamore this week instead.
I've saved the best for last. Bellman Delroy was patient, attentive and gracious even when all the suitcases he had brought to our room had to be taken to yet another room when we changed our mind about the bed arrangement. He brought more towels and amenties to our new room and set up the sofabed too. He watched over our bags at check out while we lunched on the patio. Delroy is a great asset to the Sagamore.
This hotel offers more than just somewhere to stay on South Beach. It's family-friendly too. And a great value for the money. It's an art gallery throughout the hotel. Helicopter in the garden. Patio suites overlooking the garden. A magnificent penthouse. Two-story suites. And a small intimate boutique hotel with an attentive staff, great restaurants, (try the grilled salmon), and right in all the Lincoln Road nightlife.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a garden or oceanfront room. The traffic on Collins is just too noisy and you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Sophie_Houston,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback after your stay here with us. We are thrilled to have provided you with such an exceptional stay here in miami beach.

It is obvious that your stay here was flawless all around and that several of our employees went way above and beyond to contribute to your wonderful stay here. We are happy that you got to see first hand how our staff is able to make such a special impact on our guests. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Delroy as well as our pool staff too.

We hope that you will return to Sagamore in the future and we thank you again for your review!