The New Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel
$299
EDITION
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
$498
$369
$201
$168
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$179
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$199
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$261
$230
Priceline
$429
1,840 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel was that it was inexpensive. The room service is horrible, the rooms look nothing like they do in the pictures, and the pool is cold and dirty. We called the lobby asking for an extra blanket three separate times; the first two times, they said they had no extra blankets, and the third time they said they were sending one up but it never came. Our room was cleaned two times out of the six days that we stayed there. The room was so dirty that I had to put shoes on to go anywhere. The staff was lazy and incompetent. Basically, my advice is DO NOT STAY HERE. It's worth the extra money to stay in a nicer place. This hotel ruined my vacation in Miami.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Rene M, Front Office Manager at The New Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

We apologize for the multiple inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. Your comments have been shared with the Department Head for follow up and corrective actions.
and feedbacks like this will only double our efforts in achieving the level of consistency we lacked during your visit. Our most sincere apologies.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Got kids? Got allergies? Like to relax in a nice hotel room after a long day on vacation or a business trip? Don't book your stay at the NEW casablanca on the ocean.
There are wires hanging from the ceiling and sticking out of the walls , probably with power on, at a great height for kids who loves to explore the world and touch things. The halls of the hotel reminds you of a horror movie. The elevators looks like they were dragged out of a dump and mounted with a sledgehammer and never washed. And the rooms are rediculously bad in standard. They reek of chlorine, the windows are so dirty you can't be sure if it's sun outside or not, it's extremely dusty, we found breadcrums many places in the kitchen, and if you wipe your finger over the top of the kitchen cabinets... Let me rephrase.. Don't think about wiping your fingers over the kitchen cabinets, you'll have to go to the decontamintaion chambers in the hospital. My list could go on and on, but by now, you get the picture.
I've got allergies, and i coughed like a maniac and my eyes started to itch.

We went through several rooms, but they were all the same. And when we asked if we could get a room in the " renovated " part, they were all " booked ". The face of the people in the reception told us; we really dont care, we dont give a damn and get the f out of my face.

When i mentioned mynroom was dirty, they sent a cleaning lady with yet another load of chlorine and a rag, she wiped the areas that i pointed at just to show her an example, and left. My point is, if it's like that in obvious places that you can see without moving anything, how does it look in places you dont see at first glance. It gives you the feeling thst this place is dirtyer than you know.

What shows is that people who work here, especially the management, does not care about the guests and their experience on the hotel. It's a complete an utter failure. Should be closed down and demolished. It's rediculous how little they care actially, and how everything is worn down to the utter point of breaking.

Don't spend a minute in here. Buy a tent.

Room Tip: Rooms are terrible. I dont know about the " renovated " part though. But chances are, you'll get stuck with one of the old ones.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sebastian B

I’m glad that you have shared your experience with us. Direct feedbacks from our customers, both good and bad, are the most valuable advice we can receive.
We apologize for the multiple inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We can assure you that we are committed to improve all aspects of our guest’s experience and we are working to improve our property and that includes new A/C units, new kitchens, and the appearance of our hallways.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

All-in-all it was a good stay. Not as clean as I would have expected for the price. Big ugly stain on the rug, with a little "Resolve" and elbow grease, I know the stain would disappear. Bathroom was small, noticed way to many hairs on the floor, which were not mine nor my husbands. The bed was very comfortable and the view was magnificent! I'd stay again. It's close to everything and anything you'd want to do.

#1--Gigi was a breath of fresh air. She knows her job and it seemed no matter what, she kept on smiling...

Room Tip: My tip is, do not stay in room 1042 as it is too close to the elevator, which you will hear all day and night, even with earplugs...And the A/C is very noisy too...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff655

Thank you for staying with us. I’m glad that you have shared your experience.
We apologize for the multiple inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We are working to improve our property and we invite you to consider staying with us again.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The room had a nice little kitchen with utensils. Bathroom was a little too small. Awesome pool with nice bar and restaurant. The hotel is well connected with the beach and there is a walkway that connects you directly with the beach. Public parking in a nearby park. A lot of nice food places around.

Room Tip: Beware of some renovation going on in the whole building. Make sure to checkout their specials on their own website.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

It was the week of Art Basil so I did not expect to be able to get a room anywhere, but was pleased when I called the Casablanca and was told they had 2 rooms left. She mentioned the rooms she had were studio suites, one of their more expensive, so I was shocked when she said the price was $159!!!. I thought that was quite reasonable. Other hotels I had called were quoting me upwards of $250-$400 for a standard room. At the Casablanca you can get a standard room starting @ $77-$89 if you can catch one of their hot deals.

The hotel is an old Grand Dam built in a bygone era who has seen her glory days go by, but the new investors SG Resorts International are trying to bring her back to her original grandieur. They have a long road ahead of them, but she's got good bones and there is so much that can be done using the original design. This was one of the hottest hotels back in the 1950'S (my now 80 year old aunt told me many stories of her wild days hanging out at the Casablanca pool (and bar!!!) when she was a mere 17 year old!!!!) and when you step into the grand lobby, you feel transported back to those magic days.

For their part while they are undergoing this $4 million rennovation, they have tried to make the rooms comfortable (my bed was great) provide impeccible service (which they did... Yuni Gort at the front desk is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!) and a relaxing atmosphere by the pool and in the lounge, (Cheryl at the bar makes a great douible rum & pineapple :) But keep in mind it still looks a little rough. They have a lot to do to get it ready.

Anyway, all in all, I thought the value was great, the service was terrific and I was very comfotrtable in my room so unless someone else wants to pay for my room at The Setai, I'll be staying at The Casablance again.

Room Tip: Ask for a studio suite waterfront room. The room is a little larger and you have a great view when you open the curtains in the morning
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Karen O
Rene M, Front Office Manager at The New Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our staff performance and our amenities. It Is great to know we fulfilled your expectations. Feedbacks like this will only double our efforts in achieving our biggest goal, your satisfaction. Please come visit us again. Yuni says thank you so much and all our team do as well.