“This place is OK for a short stay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The New Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel

The New Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel
Ranked #174 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“This place is OK for a short stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 3 days at a reasonable price and wasn't sure what to expect. This place needs some serious updating. If the owners threw money into this hotel and updated it, I would totally come back but that's not the case. When I arrived, I first noticed the old paint chipped valet counter because that's the very first thing you see when walking up the stairs and the ashtrays are overfilled with cigerettes. I headed over to the reception desk and was greeted with a big smile and checked in. The elevators are dirty and old. I made my way to my room and had a terrific ocean view on the 10th floor. My mattress was so old that the springs were coming through and I had a small hole in my bed sheet. I wasn't sure if the bedding was changed from the previous guest? The overall hotel was clean except my room was a little dirty but I have to say I never ever saw bugs anywhere. The pool was in great condition and looked new. The beach looked clean and nice. The restaurant had decent food and reasonable prices. This place is ok for a quick getaway or if you don't plan on staying in your room. The staff is very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hilton Head Island, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My daughter and family stayed there for onw week, and I spent the days with them. It is VERY FAR from Miami International Airport, my cab fare cost $ 48.
Pros : Location..on the beach,with a nice swimming pool .
Being bilingual, I noticed that the Customer Service improved 100% if I spoke English , so I had to do that, as otherwise, the Sevice was terrible. One elevator kept going haywire, floors scratched and dirty- looking.
Rooms disgracefully outdated. I have never, ever, seen, in the USA, beds and mattresses as old as the ones in the rooms. ( I went to another , same problem ) They must have been over 20 years old. Uncomfortable, sank everywhere, even my grand-kids had back aches. A true disgrace when the asking price that week for a room was $ 249. a night. I can't critique the breakfast , because I never went to it, but my family said that it was minimal and not good.

Room Tip: I think that this hotel should be razed toground, so it can compete in a fair and decorous manner wi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lorrainey12

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We actually stayed in one of the condo rooms at the Casablanca, so I can't say if what I think would apply to the hotel, too. It's a perfect location with a great pool (heated and salt water). The room is a fine size, but things could be maintained better. This is our second stay, so we obviously didn't hate it. The restaurant is good, and the service there is attentive and nice. The breakfast (which is free with the hotel, but we paid because we were in a condo) was definitely not as good as even a typical chain hotel. I think for families, this is probably a good choice. If you're looking for something more upscale, probably not the best choice. Both times, we had a fabulous ocean view.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Glzz2
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Pros
Not far from the airport
Friendly staff
Really close to the beach
Clean communal areas
On-site shop
Across the road from a 7-11
Next to a buss stop
Valet Parking
Cheap

Cons
The rooms were dated.
A long walk to south beach 9 could only do it once)
Some of the other guests were rough
Abit of a language barrier as everyone is Cuban.
Food not great
Noisey with a road side room. Constant sirens as the police use the 7-11 as a base

Overall it suited us. But I think this is because it was our first time in Miami and we didn’t know what to expect. Wouldn’t stay again, would want to be closer to south beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach room not a road room, the noise is awfull from the gas station. Take the bus instead...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Callumandaimee
Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were on tour in the USA in Desember 2012. We had a lovely stay in Miami. The staff at Casablanca are very friendly. We enjoyed the kitchen in the room that is well equiped. There is a 7-eleven across the street from the hotel where we could buy everything we needed. We loved the pool and the hotel is situated right on the beach. If we ever go back to vist the States and Miami we will only stay at Casablanca. Its the perfect location. We also enjoyed the continental breakfast that is included in the price.
It is also close to the Art Deco district which is a must to visit when in Miami.

Room Tip: Room with a seaview
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elro9999
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed with Fiancee for One week on tour of USA.

Booked a normal room - Got given a suite with Kitchen, a huge bed, great TV, a walk in wardrobe and a safe. Maid service was excellent.

Then reception area is brand new and really well maintaned. Gym was nice and quiet and was free.

Location is in a slightly quieter bit of Miami Beach, still supermarkets and a few bars around the hotel within easy walking distance. Main Miami beach is a 5 minute bus away which was nice as it meant the beach straight outside the hotel was almost private. Excellent place for couples.

Restaurant inside the complex didnt look up to much though.

Brilliant place to stay. Paid £550 for 7 nights before I left which I was really pleased with.

Go on book it - I didnt see anywhere as nice for the price.

Enjoy Miami.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Gary3434
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Just wanted to let travelers know about the best kept secret in Miami Beach. "Bogart's" The staff was amazing, friendly very professional. The menue was so reasonable I had to look at the prices twice. Also the waiters & Bartenders were fabulous. Particularly Felipe and Genny there service was impecable. We defiantly we will be back to dine and have the wonderful Cocktails. Thanks for taking care of us!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends