“Good location but choice for breakfast is extremely poor and hotel clearly needs renovating. As well, no parking spots are avail” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The New Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel

The New Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel
Ranked #177 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

A very disappointing experience. Hotel clearly needs major renovation. Not only is the breakfast option expensive, but also features no edible food; apart from a few pieces of bread, corn flakes and brownies, there was nothing, not even boiled eggs, for which we then had to pay separately. If you want to have an enjoyable stay in Miami, I highly suggest the Alexander hotel, which is more looked after and has more reasonable prices.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank EpicGuy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

The room was populated by baby cockroaches, but during the night they where having a big dancing party all over the place. Let me make this clear. They were not just two or three roaches, which would have been disgusting already. There were lots of them at a time. I told the reception how critical the situation was, but no action was taken at all. It ruined not only my vacation, but any desire to come back to the same destination again. I was never happier to end my vacations before. My advise? Run away from this hotel if you don't like those little monsters. I will just try to forget the whole experience.

4 Thank tonyvalle21

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed here last week with my boyfriend and another couple. We rented a private condo at the hotel. I didn't expect much but it was fine for our stay-two double beds and a kitchenette. There is a 7-11 directly across the street which was so convenient to grab drinks and snacks at odd hours. We realized they don't sell alcohol until 8am here (6am in California.)

It is an older hotel that needs updating but overall it was a great value for us. Yes-SouthBeach is a bit of a drive but worth it if you get a good deal on the hotel. I would stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank AllisonCA
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

If you can help it do not stay here! Valet parking $17/day...And they actually wrecked a guests car during my stay. They drive those cars very carelessly. The rooms are awful. Old, dusty, dirty, just gross! The pool and the private access to the beach were the only pluses! Oh and there is a 7-11 directly across the street...other than that...I hole in the wall!

2 Thank Wildflower518
Narragansett, Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

We booked this hotel from bookit.com. The price was good for the location but there were 'hidden fees' in that there was a daily "resort fee" - this place is far from a resort. The desk staff is pleasant but they do not offer much in the way of assistance unless you ask. For example I had to seek out the tickets for our continental breakfast as they were not given upon arrival or in the morning and I had to return to find out the password to the internet that was included in our rate. We arrived early and could not check in before 4 pm and I was told to come back then. After I asked if we could use the pool during the wait they said yes. The decor is very dated and the carpets were not very clean. The room is spacious but did not give a sense of cleanliness. The tub was worn with missing sections of porcelain and the hot/cold water in the shower was backwards. The pool was clean and acceptable. It wasn't so bad that we felt we needed to leave but I would not return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank familytravel227
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights. We ended up going through a private owner (he is the president of the building..Alex Stuben) and we had a pretty pleasant and inexpnsive stay. From what I have gathered, going through a private owner is cheaper and easier. In it's heyday (late 1950s) it was probably an awesome place to stay but it is a bit outdated. I guess it has been renovated somewhat recently but our room was not too up to date. I really liked the pool and how close we were to the beach. If you don't rent a car there are plenty of restaurants to walk to. I would have rated this place a 4, however the bed (which was a wall bed) was SOO uncomfortable and our blinds didn't work right...plus we had to buy our own soap,dish soap,etc which I thought would be provided.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ana T
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

Nice clean hotel. A bit outdated, but very comfortable. The beds and bed linens were very clean and comfortable. Great little kitchen if you stay longer or decide to cook. The prices are reasonable for the location right on the beach. You are within 8-10 blocks of all the restaurants and happening area.
Nice and clean pool. The time I was there was great as it was a little quiet, and not too many kids, you can actually go for a leisure swim.
The hotel restaurant was very quiet, no one was in the restaurant and this was during dinner time. We still tried an appetizer that was recommended by the staff. It was alright, nothing great. So, I can’t really comment on the rest of the food.
Service is fine; I would say not overly friendly but enough to get what you need. I would say this hotel caters to Spanish speaking guests mostly. Very few quests were English, or speaking English.
Overall we had a nice relaxing time. I would go back again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends