“Real Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amami - CLOSED

Amami
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Washington Avenue & Collins Avenue
Transit: Bus lines S, 120, 150 Washington Avenue, Collins Avenue, Lincoln Road
Description: AMAMI through the window
Milan, Italy
“Real Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

On vacation in Miami, our family went to 'Amami' for a quick lunch - we were pleasantly surprised by all the dishes served, well-presented and cooked to perfection. I had the linguine with crab, tasteful and superbly al dente, and without the usual garlick other restaurants insist on putting in every pasta dish! My daughter had the catch of the day, grilled fish, again of great quality and perfectly prepared. My son had the lunch special, penne all'arrabbiata + beer for $10! Great quality for very reasonable price. The dessert was an excellent panna cotta, and a real espresso. We'll be back for sure - a special mention for the owner, Matteo, very nice and attentive to each of his guests' requests. An applause to the cook. By the way, 'Amami' (accent on first A) means 'Love me' in Italian - we certainly loved it!

Champaign, Illinois
“Excellent pasta & meatballs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We ate at this cute italian eatery on Mon Dec 16 & had an excellent meal w/incredible meatballs as an app & home-made pasta for dinner. Check out their daily wine specials as we both had very good wine at great prices!!

“Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

All the pastas are made onsite and are so soft and delicious. The tomato sauce was authentic. I will high recommend this Resturant . The prices are very reasonable. Excellent value for your $$$$.

Northeast
“Fun, small, and excellent italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

If you go to Espanola Way do not overlook this small but great restaurant. The owners will greet you and the chefs will come talk to you and most important the food is terrific. A good alternative to the more touristy places in the neighborhood.

2 Thank wilmafred1
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAMI: ONE LOVE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Amami is definetely my fav restaurant in Miami. I have been hundred times since i moved to Florida and i cannot hesitate on going there almost every nights. I'm a very picky guy and it's hard for me to be satisfied 100%. There i find authentic italian food. I think to have tried the whole menu: my favorite dishes are "Calamari alla livornese" and "Spaghetti mussels and clams". Love knowing that i can ask anything and they will make for me even if it isn't on the menu, Last night for example i asked for "Corvina" but cooked in different way. The chef understood very well what i meant and it was simply amazing. Probably is the only one restaurant where u can find a family environment. Matteo and Kristine that i had the pleasure to know, are two awesome people before than owners. The waiters are italians, kind and sympathetic. I definetely feel home anytime i go. I heard in few weeks it's gonna be installed a new oven for a special pizza without yeast. Looking forward to it.. Oh, i was forgetting, don't leave without eating the tiramisu with nutella. It's fantastic.

• Visited October 2013