“Bad service bad food”

Cross street: Washington Avenue & Collins Avenue
Transit: Bus lines S, 120, 150 Washington Avenue, Collins Avenue, Lincoln Road
Description: AMAMI through the window
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We, my husband and I are locals. We live in Miami Beach and we dine out quite often. On this prticular evening we decided to use our Groupon for Amami. This was on a weekday, Wednesday, to be precise. We arrive at Amami and were greated in a friendly matter. We were the only ones there, unfortunately after that everything was horrible.
Another couple came in 15 minutes after us and that was all. A total of 4 customers. Our entree was good but the rest of our food was horrible. I asked for the chicken milanese and my hsband the chicken with herbs and jasmin rice. The food was cool and bland. I had to ask for more water since no one came to the table to ask us if everything was ok. The food took almost 45 minutes to come out. Not our favorite place in South Beach.

1  Thank Marlenearomeu
AMAMIrestaurantMiami, Owner at Amami, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

dear Marlene,

this is Kristine, owner of the restaurant AMAMI.
I am very surprised to read your review, as last night I was talking with you after your dinner experience, I apologized about the inconvenience that one side dish was cold (it was only the side of jasmin rice that was cold) and that my chef - who is a michelin star chef - had forgotten to check such a simple thing as the rice temperature before serving it . As I was explaining to you AMAMI is not a fast food, the baked milanese is not fried, it is BAKED therefore it takes 15 minutes only to cook it, and another 5 minutes to prepare it. You waited exactly 25 minutes between your appetizer and main courses (I have the ticket with the time to prove it), which is the time it usually takes. We brought you an extra side of rice as you requested and you sent it back, telling me that it also came too late and it should have been warmed up in the microwave, and I kindly told you that in our kitchen we DO NOT have a microwave, because we chose to prepare the food in a healthy and traditional way. When you say that the food was bland I really don't get what you mean, you ordered grilled chicken with aromatic herbs, it's a simple, light and healthy choice and we don't use any strange sauce to give a fake flavour to the chicken. You could have chosen between another 20 options of great pasta or fish.
Plus you say the food was horrible, but you ate all the chicken (both grilled and milanese) and just left 2 roasted potatoes and half of the rice! Then maybe it was not so horrible and my other guests who wrote all the good reviews are not so wrong...
I offered you a dessert to be kind and I asked you to come back to give us a second chance, you said you would and today I read your review on tripadvisor. I guess you changed your mind about that as well.
Anyway as bad as the evening had started with your complain, after you left we had many other tables of guests who told us that everything was excellent, such as the other couple that was with you at the beginning of dinner time :-)

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Fusion Italian restaurant, owned and managed by a married couple of Italian guys, Marco and Kristine, coming from Milan!
Excellent food and service at very low prices!
Youngest restaurant in Española Way (opened just 1 year ago) but better than a lot of others!!!
Marco and Kristine, give you the best welcome in town and treat you like a family member about both, service (so warm) and prices (so low).
If you want to play it safe, come here to have the meal you need, from breakfast to late nite dinner!!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The staff at Amami were so friendly and attentive. They made sure we were able to sit where we wanted. The food was excellent. I had the Marlin, my daughter had the rigatoni and my son Milanese. Everything was delicious!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The food was freshly cooked & of good standard very friendly service & very reasonable prices my partner had the new York steak & it was cooked to perfection

Reviewed September 7, 2012

really Italian taverna
great hospitality and fresh organic food.
The Lobster is amazing and also the wine of the house is really good
i will come back next time