“Awesome experience!”

Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,107 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Lenox
Description: Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for "Best New Restaurant South" and as one of Bon Appetit's "50 Best New Restaurants" in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of "soul-nurturing" dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This was a great find. Food was excellent! Everything was great. Service was great and the restaurant was clean! I will go again when im in town!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We picked this place off the internet, I was looking for something different than the usual Italian or seafood places that seem to be in abundance in Miami. so I saw this menu online and thought I'd try it out.

What a great idea that was!!!

first of all let's talk service; we were 25 minutes late for our reservation because we got lost on the way, yet still they took great care of us, finding us a nice place to sit while they found us a table (the place was jam packed) and it took no time at all to get us seated despite our lateness.
the waiter was very knowledgeable, helped us make the right choice from the menu and was quite descriptive of the dishes so we knew exactly what we were going to get.

we found out that the dishes are all made to be shared, which I thought was a great concept! it made dinner way more interactive this way, and you get to try more stuff too!
this is where the waiter was great, because we got all excited and were about to order way too much food.. he helped us make more informed choices, thereby not wasting food or money.

I can see how this place would be even more fun for bigger groups (we were only two people), as a big group you probably get to taste tons of stuff!

now the food: sooooooooooo good!!! so authentic tasting!! I honestly couldn't get enough!! it was fresh tasting, perfectly prepared, the quantities were just right. you will want to try to strawberries and radishes with homemade ricotta!! it was out of this world!! and I don't even like radishes, but I couldn't stop eating these!!
the homemade touch really makes a difference with most of their dishes!!
I am pregnant and couldn't have alcohol so I didn't get to enjoy the incredible cocktail list (my husband gives it two thumbs up though!) so the waiter suggested some homemade lemonade for me! and what a good choice it was!!! again, so fresh tasting, I really felt like I was at someone's southern backyard BBQ!!

the only thing that left me a little less impressed was the desert menu.. it was ok but nothing striking. then again we were so full from dinner that there was no room left for desert anyway!

I highly recommend this place, and hope they open one in Canada soon!!

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I ate here around 9:30 on a Wednesday night and the restaurant was packed! The atmosphere is fun, just a bit loud. The outdoor seating is comfortable and the staff is friendly and attentive. You can tell they're proud of what they serve. The food is good - a fancier take on traditional Southern cuisine. Some of the dishes were a bit too complex for our simple palates, but while it wasn't our style, we could recognize its appeal to more adventurous diners. We can think of a few friends and family members who would love it here!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Yardbird was a great experience. unique menu to south beach and completely fair for price. Solid place for a large gathering of people. Besides the food very good beer and wine selection

Reviewed June 11, 2013

As someone coming from the N. East I never expected to find a Southern gem like this. The Sliders are amazing, we travel from NYC, Chicago, London, and Paris, this place is going to be a favorite still. A++ and worth the walk away from the beach.