“I love me some biscuits!”

Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,073 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Lenox
Description: Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for "Best New Restaurant South" and as one of Bon Appetit's "50 Best New Restaurants" in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of "soul-nurturing" dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“I love me some biscuits!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is an excellent place to try new takes on old southern favourites..being a vegetarian I had less choices but yummy ones nonetheless. I enjoyed the eclectic ambiance, noisy but friendly...lots of energy! The bourbon drinks are inventive. I returned twice in the week just to get the biscuits again...call me crazy but I love me some biscuits!

• Visited March 2013

Saint Robert, Missouri
“Rolanda W”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had read so many reviews about this place, so I convinced my hubby to try it out for lunch. The restaurant itself is really niice, the food was ok. The waffle appeared to be overcooked. The seasoned watermelon was not to my liking. The cocktail I ordered was the highlight of my meal.

Brentwood, Tennessee
“Great fried chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've wanted to go to Yardbird since I read about it in Bon Appetit, but getting a reservation on the weekend is nearly impossible, so we opted for my birthday, which happened to be on a Monday. We were seated right away and I must mention that the hostess was friendly, despite what I read in some of the other reviews. The decor and vibe were cool. We ordered the Seghesio red Zinfandel, which was a nice bottle of wine for the price. The fried green tomato BLT appetizer was delicious. I had to get the famous fried chicken and I wasn't disappointed. It was flavorful, crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. My husband wasn't as pleased with his meal-chicken under a brick. He felt it could've been cooked a little longer and the dish had too much broth. Perhaps if they served it with a biscuit it would've been better. The macaroni and cheese side was perfect. There are plenty of things on the menu we still want to try.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Small Plates are Delicious and Not So Small”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

One of my favorite places in Miami. Make a reservation a week ahead of time if you want to eat at a normal hour.

Favorites:
Fried green tomatoes
Fried chicken
Ribs
Avocado Salad (with thick chunks of bacon - absolutely heavenly)
Biscuits with honey butter and jam
Carrot Cake
Mint chip sundae
All the cocktails (I've yet to try one I didn't love)

Great vibe too. Loud but fun. Not too many families. Some dates. Overall would recommend to anyone who will be in miami. Also, surprisingly reasonable prices.

• Visited January 2013
Saint-Gilles-Les-Bains, Reunion Island
“Great place, surprising food, efficient service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had dinner there twice the same week (because it's a great place + since it's so hard to find a good restaurant, not that touristic, in South Beach...). Above all, we'll remember the food which mixes different flavors (sweet, sour, salty...). I strongly recommend the oysters, and the fried green tomatoes to start with, and the "duck, duck, duck..." to follow. Another good idea : the meals are to share - so convivial ! If you can, try to come when it's not too crowded : when the place's busy, it can be very loud. Our first dinner was better than the second one though : the second time, we ate outside (which is ok, but inside is better), we tried the fried chicken 'n watermelon 'n waffles which was too sweet, and the server was not that nice. I almost forgot : two to three glasses of wine + two appetizers + a meal to share should cost you around $ 100.