“Loved EVERYTHING about this place!”

Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,078 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Lenox
Description: Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for "Best New Restaurant South" and as one of Bon Appetit's "50 Best New Restaurants" in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of "soul-nurturing" dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.
Washington, DC
“Loved EVERYTHING about this place!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We loved this place so much we ate dinner here twice during our 4 night stay in Miami. Everything is super fresh and has unique twists that really enhance the southern flavors. It's a "share" concept so we enjoyed trying lots of different dishes. The honey-drizzled southern fried chicken biscuits were just the right balance of salt-sweet. The ribeye was the best we ever tasted of any kind of beef- it was so tender and bursting with flavor. The mac & cheese was rich, creamy & flavorful. Lemon chess pie was drizzled with blackberry sauce & a benne seed crunch- I'm a chocolate person over lemon but I loved this lemon pie - the sweetness of the fresh blackberry sauce offset the tart lemon. The mounds jar was the perfect blend of dark chocolate cocoa with a white chocolate mousse on top and a chewy-rich macaroon. We raved over every dish we tried - wish we could have tried them all. Bourbon specialty drinks were fresh & delicious as was the sweet tea. We loved the trendy, rustic decor - lights made from bell jars, tractor seats for bar stools, a romantic little outdoor patio. Even the restrooms were cool! Service was excellent & personable, just like the food. Can't recommend this place highly enough. Although we shared several dishes and portions are perfect but this is not a budget kind of place - doesn't matter though - it was worth every penny.

Miami, Florida
“it was what I expected”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I actually visited her yeserday after reading all the good reviews on tripadvisor. I hd the chicken biscuits $12, shrimp and grits, mac $25 and cheese $9 & passion fruit ice tea $4. In total I sent 60bucks with tip included.the shrimp & grits was to die for. The favor is something undescribable. The chicken biscuits were my favorite part of the meal. mac & cheese was ok & the ice tea could've used some more sugar. I will be returning back to try some of the other things offered on the menu since I live literally 20mins away

Ewing, New Jersey
“Expectations too high for average meal”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had fairly high expectations, as Yardbird was so highly rated on Trip Advisor and elsewhere. It feels really trendy and was quite packed. I liked the ambience, even with the loud music. Even the service was great. Where I thought it was just average was the food. We ordered a variety for the table, small shares and shares, as Yardbird calls them. The ribs were a hit, as were the fried green tomatoes. But everything else was just OK. Perhaps it's the restaurant's reputation that left us feeling like we'd had just an average experience. Or maybe we just ordered the wrong items (we thought the duck was particularly bad, and the french fries were underwhelming). I was hoping to be blown away but ended up being underwhelmed.

Miami Beach, Florida, Usa
“Excellent food and ambiance”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I'm a local and eat there at least once a week. My favorite are their shrimp and grits, biscuits and blackberry bourbon lemonade. The ambiance is great and so is the service. I take friends and people visiting town there and they love it.

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Who knew it was owned by a top chef contestant”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Friends recommended this restaurant and we were so glad we made a reservation. We got a seat on the outside patio in the sun and we able to enjoy a fabulous brunch. They made an amazing bloody mary which included a nice slice of bacon as garnish plus a nice variety of craft beers. We have these delish fried chicken sliders that included some of the most tender, moist fried chicken on the planet. We didn't get it, but the guy next us had a short rib sandwich that looked so good we almost brown bagged one. Additionally, while they were busy our waiter never forced us out and let us enoy our leisurely brunch. I didn't know this a former top chef contestant was the owner until after I left. I like the idea that he didn't feel the need to post it all over the restaurant as some do. The food spoke for itself which is the sign of a true chef.