“Finger Licken GOOD”

Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Lenox
Description: Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for "Best New Restaurant South" and as one of Bon Appetit's "50 Best New Restaurants" in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of "soul-nurturing" dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

One of the BEST meals of my LIFE!!! Finger licking goooooooooood!!!
The Fried Chicken is SENSATIONAL ,crispy, crunchy, flavorful and Hmmmm Hmmm Hmmmm!
Cheddar Waffles were a HIT with my younger brother whose heart melted upon first bite.
I preferd the French Toast, pecans and scrumptious Apple Butter!
HOME RUN!!!

If you still have room left the Carrot Cake is super, genuine cream cheese frosting (not too sweet but just right.)

WORTH EVERY SINGLE PRICY PENNY. I will dream of my meal for years to come!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,607)

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great locally sourced ingredients and innovative fare. Must try the fried green tomatoes with crispy pork belly...YUM! Portion size is nice and menu is fairly eclectic. Nice open kitchen design, so you may watch the kitchen staff "work their magic."

Area parking sucks, so try to go at off-times if possible.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

So me and my sister decided to try Yardbird for the Southern cooking. We especially wanted to try their Chicken and Watemelon. So after 30 minutes of finding a parking on a Sunday afternoon, we finally got there at 3:50p. Mind you Brunch is over at 4pm. When we got there the greeter was not friendly. We told her we was there for brunch. She said nope you're going to have to wait and they are serving the afternoon menu. She said we could either eat by the bar or wait for a table. So we waited for a table. When we finally got a table there was no chair for me to sit. I stood there waiting for a chair. Who sits someone at a table with no chair??? I wanted to walk out but I drove all the way from Broward county, looked for parking and walked to get to this restaurant. I'm going to eat..

Anywhoo after 5 minutes they bought me a chair from a table with guests already eating at their table. Finally seated, the waiter tried his best to turn the situation. I ordered from the afternoon menu. The deviled eggs was too pricey for $10. I also ordered the mac and cheese but the waiter bought it to the wrong table. The waiter didn't check on us . I got tired of the bad customer so I called for the check. When I got the receipt the waiter charge me for the mac and cheese I NEVER received. Ridiculous!

The only thing i like about Yardbird was the atmosphere. I'm really big on customer service. I will never go back. I should of left from the beginning...All i have to say is there a particular crowd they want to keep in there. You are warned.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

With so many places to choose from this place has it all: food, service and the place itself is very unique. You must visit it!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

After discovering Yardbird on our annual trip to Miami Beach last year, I've been obsessing over the chance to return. What's not to love- excellent food, great bourbon selection, and a fun (though loud) atmosphere. After a year, it still doesn't disappoint.

For dinner we had the amazing fried chicken- it really is perfection accompanied by waffles and watermelon- if (insider tip) you order it 'old school' style. We also had an order of the deviled eggs (exceptionally creamy!), the mango salad (awesome), and a side of the corn.

I returned a few days later for brunch for the Chicken biscuits (a must) and the Fried Green Tomato BLT (amazing!). Paired with a very spicy bloody mary, I contemplated asking whether they'd let me take a nap and hang out until dinner service started.

Waitstaff is always friendly, fun, and attentive.

I wonder if I can get another visit in before we return home.