“Yummy!!”

Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,097 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Lenox
Description: Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for "Best New Restaurant South" and as one of Bon Appetit's "50 Best New Restaurants" in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of "soul-nurturing" dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.
Miami, Florida
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We went for a very late brunch at 4pm on a Saturday and were promptly seated.
I tried the fried chicken and waffles and wow!! it has been the best fried chicken I've had. Crispy but tender, fried to perfection and not greasy. The menu looked delicious. I wish I had tried more dishes. I had a great time and the service was great. Waitress was attentive and even the manager passed by the table to check on us.

The restaurant has a very nice mixture of casual and elegant. I think it's the perfect addition to South Beach. I will definitely go back! :)

• Visited April 2012

Brooklyn, New York
“We loved it so much that we actually went twice!”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

What can I say?! WOW. Each ingredient is so fresh and flavorful that even a simple farm salad was mind-blowing (no fancy ingredients - just lettuce, carrots, corn, and tomato). Even my super-carnivorous husband thought so!

The mountain of smoked bbq chicken with squash slaw made my eyes water from happiness. My husband loved his short rib sandwich so much that he decided that we couldn't leave until he'd literally consumed every possible morsel.

The drinks were reasonably priced and amazing. Great draft beers, great bourbon selection, and I loved that blackberry bourbon lemonade... If only they wanted to open one in NYC!

Columbus, Ohio
“Gluten friendly and delicious!”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was down in SoBe for my bachelorette party and we got rained out so decided to venture to Miami's new-best restaurant for an afternoon of snacks and cocktails. I am SO GLAD I heard about this place!

We were seated right away and the restaurant is absolutely adorable. Elegant southern comfort done right. It feels like you are in a huge farm house.

When I asked for a gluten-free menu, Chef Jeff himself came over and discussed my issues. He explained his wife has Celiac's as well so I was in great hands! He was so kind to actually mark up a menu just for me :)

The only bummer was that it was still considered "brunch" on a Saturday at 3 PM... and I really really wanted to try their lunch menu! Maybe next time!

Everything we got was delicious... salads, grits, french fries. Best of all were the drinks and the bartenders! I can't have bourbon so I made up a drink in my head and wow did the bartender execute!! I lost track of how many I had (which was the point haha)

We were still there during lunch/dinner service transition and there were zero problems switching waiters. We just checked out with one because we didn't want to keep him (even though he offered to stay) and started a new tab with another person.

I totally see why this place is the new hot spot. Kudos to Chef Jeff and his team for bringing a small part of the South to SoBe!

New York City, New York
“Great southern fried chicken and collard greens”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Dined alone and felt very welcomed by Carlton. Went there based on a Sunday NY Times review in the Travel Section. Siri on my IPhone could not locate it but thank goodness the greeter in Banana Republic steered me in the righ direction.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Southern cuisine with a few twists”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Not real Southern cooking -- the portions are too small for that -- but very, very good nonetheless.

I had a small plate of fried chicken and biscuits, and a small plate of deviled eggs. Combined, more than enough to satisfy my appetite. And they were delicious.

My partner had chicken and dumplings, which were disappointing. But his beet salad with (candied?) pecans was excellent.

• Visited April 2012