“Overall interesting”

Half Price Tour Tickets - Miami Tours
Book In Advance
$67.98*
and up
Miami Combo Tour: City Sightseeing, Biscayne Bay Cruise and Everglades Airboat...
$29.99*
Miami Double Decker Bus Tour
$29.99*
Sawgrass Mills Mall Round-Trip Transport from Miami
Ranked #43 of 131 Tours in Miami Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Miami Double Decker Sightseeing Tour provided by Half Price Tour Tickets. We operate all Miami Tours. Miami Sightseeing Double Decker Tours in Miami. Everglades air-boat tours + Wildlife show. Miami To Key West 1 Day Tour. Segway Rental and Segway Tours. Miami To Key West Shuttle. Miami Sightseeing Double Decker Tours
“Overall interesting”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The city tour was acceptable but the boat tour was the best. The views are awesome. If I knew prior I would have bought just the boat tour. But anyhow both were cheap to buy.. So I guess it was worth the money.

Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unreliable, not worth "cheap" price”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Bought a 2 day tour package where went to Everglades and boat tour of celebrities' houses on first day and city tour on the second. Looking forward to this as we were only in Miami for the weekend. The shuttle bus on the first day when we were dropped at our destination did not come back at the arranged time to pick us up. Waited for over an hour and they did not answer any calls so eventually had to get a taxi with other people on the tour back to the hotel. We thought it was fair that they should refund our taxi fare as it was their fault but they refused to. The city tour on the morning of the second day was then cancelled when we turned up for it (no prior warning or reasons given). They offered to put us on the afternoon tour but as we had a later flight to catch (and could not trust the company to return us in time), we were unable to go on the tour. As the city tour was an "extra" of the package, they did not refund us in any way despite the fact that we only booked with them because of this extra. If we'd known the third activity was cancelled, we would have paid a little less and gone with a different company for just the first day's two activities. Customer service in the shop and on the phone was severely lacking, would never recommend them.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank NZer123
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“OLD BUSES”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was promised a sightseeing tour in Miami, when i arrived to Bayside 3 hours late because the bus broke down they said the water taxi will take you to Celebrity Island. We almost sank and was told that President Kennedy lives on the island. Are you serious!!!!! this company is a waist of time. Big Joke stay away

2 Thank thenewsamsclub
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Terrible, ruined our last day. AVOID!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My friend and I wanted to Universal Island of Adventures on our last day in Miami so we wandered into the storefront of Half Price Tours on Washington Ave in South Beach. After speaking to man, we both both tickets at $155 each for a tour. We were told the bus would pick us up at 6AM at our hotel in South Beach to bring us to Orlando and that we'd be back for about 10PM.

On the day we were meant to leave, we got up at 5am and went down to the lobby to wait for our bus at 5:45. The bus never came. We waited outside until 7.30 when we finally gave up. In the meantime, I was phoning the office number but there was no one to pick up as the office only opens at 9am, and there wasnt answering machine to leave a message. While we were waiting, another one of the buses also showed up at our hotel, but the destination for this one was Key West. I spoke to the driver who told me to just wait there, and that they often have problems with the fleet of buses so it might be that. I asked for a number I could phone, and he said that he was not allowed to give the number of teh manager, who would be mad if I phoned at this hour!

At 9AM when I knew the store was finally open I called them and explained my situation. At no point did I receive an apology, an explanation or anything that seemed like concern. I was told to call back at 10 when the manager would be there as they could not helped me.

So wanting to address the situation head on, we went to the actual storefront at 10.30 to speak to the manager in person. We were told that he was not in but would be in later at 1pm. The man who was speaking to us (who also sold us the tickets) said he was not authorised to refund us (he never tried to explain why the bus never came in the first place) - he said he didn't know how to process a refund. This sounded very suspect to us, we could see the card machine with a clear button that said refund! But he was insistent that only the manager, a so-called "MR SCOTT" would be able to do this for us and to come back. The fact that I was told he would be in at this time seemed to be ignored. This was definitely starting to feel like a scam to us. I mentioned at this point that from the point of view of a customer, this was not acceptable, and that at no point did anyone ever apologise. The man them immediately started yelling "I'm SORRY OK?!! This is a terrible thing, I wouldn't want it to happen to me. I'm SORRY!!"- the tone was less than sincere and I couldn't believe what was happening.

We then left he store and went to speak to a local security man patrolling the area and told him the story. He said that it definitely sounded like a scam and that he and also seen some other people waiting outside the storefront that morning waiting for a bus that never came! I know their buses do sometimes actually run as we saw several of them throughout our stay in South Beach, but it seems like they are not consistent...

In any event, we returned to the shop at 1 to see this mysterious MR SCOTT. We were not surprised when he wasn't there. We kept on asking anyone who looked like an employee if they were Mr Scott, until finally one employee (who probably wasn't trained in their deceptiveness well enough) told us there was no Mr Scott who worked there! That's when we started to lose it. While we were waiting, several other people were at the counter having issues with their experiences and seemed really upset. Finally, we spoke to one woman who listened to us, and probably could see that we were not going to leave this time. She gave us a refund after we explained that no bus ever came, that we had just wasted our last day in Miami trying to get an answer out of them and a refund, let alone compensation for our waster time. Funny how she could refund us but we were earlier told that no one except for MR SCOTT could refund us.

I was also emailing the company the whole time, after every interaction with them summarizing what was happening , so that if we were not successful in obtaining our refund, I could submit this as a claim for a fraudulent transaction with my credit card company. I never received any sort of response or apology from them.

It was truly the worst experience i've ever had with any tour operator. They are crooked, have no concept at all of customer service (except for the lady who finally helped us) and I would avoid them at all costs! We also went to go speak to some local tourism offices about them, who actually requested that we leave their offices and not cause any commotion as they said the Half Off Tours company was giving them trouble! Sounds about as sketchy and crooked as you can get to me.

So to sum, we never got to go to Universal, we wasted our last day, had to fight tooth and nail to get a refund for services non rendered, and failed to receive any real apology or explanation. I'm upset I'm being forced to even give them 1 star, as there is nothing about my experience with this company that deserves any recognition at all.

9 Thank elissmomo
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Haven't even bought a tour yet but was put off by the lack of customer service over the phone!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Well it looks like they have just lost a big group of us to a tour as we were seconds away from purchasing our tickets! I rang up recently enquiring whether they had availaibiltiy for next month as I wanted to make sure before I went ahead and booked the tickets online. The guy on the other line sounded rushed/busy (still no excuse to give poor customer service) and said yes yes we have availbility for today to which I answered no I was wondering whether you had availaiblity for next month, I can tell you the date I said. By then I had realised he wasnt listening to a thing i was saying and was talking in another language to someone else then he quickly told me to book online then call back. Well.. that defeats the purpose of me calling you! I obviously wanted to know if there was availability for a particular date before I booked but before I could even tell him the date.. he HANGED up on me! What a way to push away potential customers! So glad I didnt end up booking with them as now I've just read all these awful reviews about them and I can't imagine the dramas we'd face on the day if their customer service was already shocking the moment I rang to ask a simple question!

2 Thank Michelle T
halfpricetourtickets, Public Relations Manager at Half Price Tour Tickets - Miami Tours, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hello Michelle T and thank you for your review of our company. Reviews like yours help us to improve our company and the experience we bring to our customers. As you can imagine, our tour company gets very busy during the tourist season from September to February. Being busy is no excuse for poor customer service and we sincerely apologize for your poor experience, but hopefully our response gave you some insight into why we were not able to give you our full attention.