“I was not given the unit pictured!”
other travelers have booked this property
Queen Bed Daybed
Bathroom
Fridge
Safe
Historic Royal Condo-Hotel building
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 37 reviews

Reviews from our community

TVChick16
Vienna, Virginia
“I was not given the unit pictured!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

I travel to South Beach several times a year and have stayed in a few different units in the Royal South Beach Hotel & Condos (where this unit is located). I brought my mother on the most recent trip as a surprise for her 60th birthday. We spent one night in South Beach and then boarded a cruise for a week.

I chose this property because I was familiar with its location and knew it was adequate for our needs. I chose this specific unit because it was more affordable than other places on a Saturday night in January ($120 + 13% tax = $135.60) and showed a full size bed and a pull-out sofa. Since I was traveling with my mother, I preferred two beds and the other units in the Royal that I had stayed in previously only had one bed. It also stated that it was in a quieter part of the building, which ended up being true. It overlooked the hot tub / patio area and Washington Avenue, so there was a little traffic noise, but nothing that kept us awake. There's a club on the first floor that can apparently be heard from other units, but we couldn't hear it. I had been in contact with the owner Alberto via e-mail and my deposit and balance were charged to my credit card before I arrived with no problems. According to the e-mails I was supposed to be given unit #325.

Upon check-in I went up to the room I was given... and it was a totally different unit than the one pictured. The one I was given was decorated a little nicer, BUT it only had one bed. My mom and I made do... but it was a little awkward since I was trying to make my mother's 60th birthday celebration memorable and the first night we had to share a bed!

Other than the bed shortage, the room was adequate. Plenty of toiletries and a hair dryer were a nice touch in the bathroom. Unfortunately there was a lack of dishes and utensils in the unit. We were planning on heating up leftovers and eating them for breakfast on the morning we left, but since there were no plates we ate the food cold because we didn't want to put Styrofoam in the microwave! The kitchen appliances were new and in good shape. There was a flat screen TV in the unit, but it was tiny. Given that the price of HDTVs has decreased significantly over the years, I would think that a larger screen would be a good upgrade.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: I wasn't given the unit pictured
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
May 1, 2013
Dear guest,

I am very glad you had a good time in South Beach, regardless of the inconvenience of the room changed. Unfortunately, things happens, and what happened in your case was that the lady at the front desk made a mistake and gave my unit to someone else, and then sent my guests to another unit. She was new at the job, and did not last long, as it happened more than once. Please come back anytime, on me, for a totally different experience. I do have a queen bed and a queen sofabed, plus a kitchenette with all the necessary to prepare a light meal.

Ottawa

Reviewed October 11, 2012 for a stay in September 2012

A romantic getaway
Neema4666...
San Francisco, California
“Great Location, Great Place”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

This place was close to everything we ever wanted...A great location and hotel for anyone who is not wishing to stay in the hotels. Also, the internet worked great, we were a few blocks from the beach, the bus stop is just 1 minute away and the shops and hotels are all nearby...Loved it

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aug 10, 2012
Dear Lidya,

Thank you very much for your review. We are indeed in the heart of South Beach, but at the same time away from the noisy Ocean Drive. We are glad to know you had a good time here and enjoyed our place. Thanks!!!

Houston
Reviewed May 29, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Rugged travelers
May 29, 2012
Dear Lindsey & Nicole,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are very glad you enjoyed South Beach and our studio. Hope to see host you again!!

Alberto
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
$70
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing