“The Special Sauce”

Charlotte Bakery
Ranked #4 of 21 Bakeries in Miami Beach
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We offer a variety of Venezuelan, Argentine, Chilean, Colombian and other Latin-American foods including of course, our famous "empanadas."Our breakfast specials are tough to beat due to our budget friendly prices and tasty offerings. Our coffee is excellent and grinded in house. We also offers a wide selection of European style desserts such as Tiramisu, Creme Brulee, fruit tarts and Black Forest Cake.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Special Sauce”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I'd read good things about Charlotte Bakery's empanadas, so I made a point of dragging my family here when we visited Miami for Christmas. We arrived for a late lunch and were lucky to snag four of the dozen seats in the narrow space. The empanadas are made Argentine, Venezuelan, or Chilean-style, with a variety of fillings. I preferred the Argentine flour-based pastry to the corn-based Venezuelan version, but all were pretty good. We rounded the meal out with Guaraná, my Dad's favorite soda from Brazil. Part way through our lunch, the South Beach food tour came in for samples. The ladies behind the counter got out a bottle of avocado and cilantro sauce for the group. We ordered a couple more empanadas to try with it - the sauce definitely improved an already good (and inexpensive) lunch. Ask for it when you order!

• Visited December 2012

Atlanta
“Peruvian and Italian mashup”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Good food! I tried the fried tilapia taco or s/w or something similar and wife tried a shrimp item. Both were fresh and delicious and the price was just amazing. Good value for your dollars. They also brought in an amazing dessert, fgot what it was but let the host suggest it, you won't be disappointed...

Visited November 2012
“Average Latin pastries”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

In the mood for something sweet, we tried four different pastries. All were good but none were amazing, and some tasted rather alike. The place was authentically decorated (or somewhat shabby), but not really somewhere you'd sit down for a long time.

• Visited October 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Delicious pastries & fresh OJ”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stopped in with some friends for a quick bite to eat. They had a great selection of Argentinian, Uruguayan and Italian pastries. I ordered the breakfast special #2 that came with scrambled eggs perico style, crema and arepitas as well as fresh squeezed OJ. The orange juice was fantastic and literally made from oranges in front of you. My friend ordered the Spanish Omelette and really enjoyed it. The staff was super nice, too.

• Visited October 2012
Portland, OR
“Fresh, warm, deelish”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I had so much fun talking to the counter guy who could not translate everything for me as the menu is in Spanish. The spinach empanadas were really good. I also had a lovely sweet croissant filled with fruit that would not translate!

Visited September 2012