“Amazing day at the Setai Spa!”

The Spa at The Setai
More attraction details
Owner description: The Setai proudly introduces a re-imagined spa experience: The Spa at The Setai by THEMAE. The luxury hotel's new spa experience offers specially formulated THEMAE treatments and products curated from four types of teas: red (rooibos), white, green and black teas. THEMAE, a Paris-based cosmetics and spa brand, is inspired by the art of tea and named after the Japanese tea preparation ceremony. Its revitalizing spa rituals and exclusive skincare products are created with extracts from four different kinds of teas. The Complexe des 4 Thes(R) (4 Teas Elixir) blends antioxidant green tea, regenerating white tea, soothing rooibos or "red" tea, and stimulating black tea with pure spring water sourced in France to maintain purity. The Spa features four private spa suites, all with room for up to two guests, ocean and pool views, a private bath and steam room. For an even more private experience, select spa treatments are available to enjoy in the comfort of your guest suite for a nominal fee, upon request.
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

I spent a really great day at the Setai during Spa Month. I made a whole day of it as I am a local who loves to scope out the hotels!

First, I went to the gym, which is included with spa appointments. They have a good selection of machines with a view of the pool.

Then, I went down to the beach for some lunch and sun! The towels and chairs were very nice. Service was great! The food was delicious and so was my drink.

I did a massage for Spa Month. My therapist, Edgar, was incredible. I work in an office and do a lot of circuit training so I'm always a bit out of whack and he was awesome.

The spa itself is very nice - it consists of 4 suites that can fit 2, and they overlook the pool. Because it is a smaller boutique spa they have a smaller locker room and don't have a big middle area but it was exactly what I was looking for.

Everyone I came across at the Setai was so friendly and helpful. I'll be back for sure!

Date of experience: July 2016

Reviewed December 18, 2015 via mobile

Wish the waiting area were a bit larger, but the large treatment room for two more than made up for it. Had a lovely deep tissue massage and dh had reflexology which he enjoyed. Cant beat the view from the room and topped it off with a relaxing lunch at the grill for an amazing decadent day.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed September 15, 2015

The service at the front desk is somewhat disorganized. I don't think they ever answer the telephone. Treatments are great though

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed June 15, 2015

Setai is some totally different on SOBE, totally different energy when you go in... I been in restaurant where is so beautiful, vino which was fabulous, server ( I thing his name is Ryan)... WAUUUU - I have never see somebody who is professional like he is!! I didnt feel Im in Miami, I felt Im on Philippines or some like that... wauuu, so nice, so authentic!!!! Coming again soon!!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 1, 2014

I have always been a fan of the Setai, I'm a local and enjoy the bar and restaurant quite often. I thought I would try the spa, which was not a good idea. The massage itself was good, but the lack of relaxation area, the attendants yelling at one another and banging around (the locker room area is about 1/2 the size of a guest room), the guest that walked into my room during the middle of my treatment to ask where the spa entrance was and the club music you can hear during the treatment from shore club, all added up to a less than stellar experience. I wasn't wanting to relax and treat myself to luxury, this is definitely not the place. Although you still pay a luxury price! I tried to share my feedback to the spa supervisor and he wouldn't let me explain, just came back with an excuse for everything and how those are things they can't control. If that's the case, they may want to reconsider the pricing.

Date of experience: November 2014