“Incredibly Disappointed”

The Spa at The Setai
More attraction details
Owner description: The Setai proudly introduces a re-imagined spa experience: The Spa at The Setai by THEMAE. The luxury hotel's new spa experience offers specially formulated THEMAE treatments and products curated from four types of teas: red (rooibos), white, green and black teas. THEMAE, a Paris-based cosmetics and spa brand, is inspired by the art of tea and named after the Japanese tea preparation ceremony. Its revitalizing spa rituals and exclusive skincare products are created with extracts from four different kinds of teas. The Complexe des 4 Thes(R) (4 Teas Elixir) blends antioxidant green tea, regenerating white tea, soothing rooibos or "red" tea, and stimulating black tea with pure spring water sourced in France to maintain purity. The Spa features four private spa suites, all with room for up to two guests, ocean and pool views, a private bath and steam room. For an even more private experience, select spa treatments are available to enjoy in the comfort of your guest suite for a nominal fee, upon request.
Reviewed November 1, 2014

I have always been a fan of the Setai, I'm a local and enjoy the bar and restaurant quite often. I thought I would try the spa, which was not a good idea. The massage itself was good, but the lack of relaxation area, the attendants yelling at one another and banging around (the locker room area is about 1/2 the size of a guest room), the guest that walked into my room during the middle of my treatment to ask where the spa entrance was and the club music you can hear during the treatment from shore club, all added up to a less than stellar experience. I wasn't wanting to relax and treat myself to luxury, this is definitely not the place. Although you still pay a luxury price! I tried to share my feedback to the spa supervisor and he wouldn't let me explain, just came back with an excuse for everything and how those are things they can't control. If that's the case, they may want to reconsider the pricing.

Date of experience: November 2014
4  Thank Cynchalee

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had a great massage at the Setai Spa on the Monday morning that we were returning to Boston. On the weekdays spa guests can have access to the pool area which has 3 pools. We were there in August (off season) so double check pool area access when you book. The massage rooms were located on the second floor overlooking the ocean. The staff, especially Ramses who was very helpful. After the massage we had lunch in the hotel which was the perfect ending to a great day.

Date of experience: August 2014
Danielle F, Public Relations Manager at The Spa at The Setai, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased to have welcomed you at The Spa on your last day in Miami before returning home. It sounds like the perfect end to your holiday! I hope you come back and visit us again soon.

With warm regards,

Danielle Finnegan
Director of Communications

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The service was wonderful, great body polish and massage.
The spa is not really a spa facility - on a small side with no room to change and only a sauna. There were a few people in the locker room and no place to change or relax. Staff very friendly and accommodating. The great thing was that you can use beach and pool facilities - at no charge! That is great

Dear Guest,

We are so glad to have welcomed you. I am glad you enjoyed the spa and then got to spend time at the pool. It is indeed a lovely way to spend the day! I hope you will join us again on your next trip to Miami.

With warm regards,

Danielle Finnegan
Director of Communications

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I went to Miami spa month and the Setai spa was great.
Super service, really relaxing and magical environment.