“Ahhhhh Spaaaa”
Review of Lapis Spa

Lapis Spa
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Lapis Spa was truly heaven on earth. Even my husband did not want to leave. And he is one of those busy, busy people who thinks spas are just for women and that everyone in the world is just too busy to relax. Had we not a plane to catch and work to get back to, I think we would still be there. :)
We arrived early enough to enjoy all of the amenities which for me included a relaxation room which I was lucky enough to enjoy all by myself. And looking up from the chaise, the view was just so beautiful. I also enjoyed fresh fruit and tea while waiting to be taken up to another waiting area from which the therapist came to take me back to the treatment room. I enjoyed the bamboo massage. I fell asleep and therefore do not remember much, except that I felt totally relaxed afterwards and wished for a second treatment.
My husband and I enjoyed a swim together, relaxing by the pool and the Bleau Rain Room which still makes me want to cry. I know that sounds bizarre. However the element of water that rained down onto our skin while we grounded ourselves by lying on the marble bench was surreal. For me the experience was very cleansing. I also enjoyed the eucalyptus steam bath. I wish I could do so everyday. The steam along with how relaxed I was gave me the appearance of no wrinkles and no worries. LOL :) Trust me I have both, but I didn't during and for a few days after my visit to Lapis Spa.

2  Thank Ty S
in 9 reviews
"water features"
"body scrub"

Reviewed September 3, 2014

I had my first visit to the Lapis Spa in the Fontainebleau Hotel on Labor Day. Having never been to the spa I was not sure what to expect. What I got far exceeded any expectations! The spa was crowded as it was a holiday weekend, but never did it actually feel "crowded". I received a warm greeting and informative tour by the friendly staff. It is good to arrive early, as there a lot to see before your treatment and you also get some time to have some tea and read before they call you.

I was scheduled for a 90-minute masters massage and a 15-minute reflexology foot massage. My therapist was Gabby and she was fantastic! She worked in hot stones as part of the massage and it was a nice mix of deep tissue and hot stones. She was so good, I fell asleep and that never happens!

After the massage I had the chance to stand in the rain shower. loved it!
This is a spa that you definitely to spend a day there. Get your treatment, hit the pool or beach and then come back in and enjoy the indoor pools, hot tubs, rain showers and nap areas :) I came home relaxed and refreshed and seriously felt that I had just had a vacation. I will be going back and for sure requesting Gabby!

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I had a massage at the start of Labor Day weekend as part of the Miami Spa Month promotion. The Lapis Spa has amazing facilities including a giant indoor rain shower and multiple pools and hot tubs. It is an outstanding facility, modern and tranquil, with nice amenities. I had a 50 minute massage, and it was a good massage but nothing great. I think this might have been due to how crowded the spa was with Labor Day guests. The ladies locker room was very crowded with a high noise level, and we were taken upstairs to the treatment rooms at least 15 minutes early to wait. The staff was nice but rushed. I had a great drink at the pool which had loud music and a hip Miami vibe. I am totally impressed with the facilities and will try this spa again at a time when it is (hopefully) less crowded. This is the place to see and be seen rather than just be relaxed and tranquil, but the facilities make the experience truly great.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

This was my 3rd appointment at the spa. Always a great experience. Yesterday I had the "blue ocean transformation" with Melva and it was amazing! I was stressed out with many knots in my back and tightness all around. After a scrub/soak/massage/wrap, I left a new person! Excellent service = excellent results. I'll be back!!!!