“Birthday Spa Day” 5 of 5 bubbles

Coconut Grove, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Birthday Spa Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Our 8 hour Lapis Spa Day on a wonderfully, overcast day was fantastic! Yes, a bit $$$, but closing out the day with the best beignets we'd ever nibbled on made everything worth it. Massages. Water Rituals. The Pools. Watermelon Martinis. Lobster Rolls. Ginger Mojitos. Cappuccinos. Nutella Beignets. Complimentary beach towels and chairs. The friendly staff and helpful. Great crowd. All for my friend's birthday! Awesome day ...

Boston
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Best spa in my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I've had my fair share of massages in the Boston area, Asia, Caribbean resorts etc and this was by far the best spa experience ever. This was one of the activities that I chose for my bachelorette party and lucky for us, it was spa month so we got a great deal.

Upon check in- we were greeted with warm and friendly smiles. Everytime any of the staff heard us mention that we needed something, they would run over and give it to us. (For instance, one of my friends mentioned she wished she had a bag for her wet clothes and the other wished she had a comb etc) both were brought to them rapidly.

The treats and lemon water was nice throughout the entire spa.

The spa was very clean.

I am glad we had access to the beautiful Fontainebleu pool.

The hot stone massage that i got was very nice and relaxing. I love the layout of the spa.

The rain room was great and the Jacuzzi was a bit tight.

My only regret is that i wished we had more time to spend at the spa instead of the measly 2 hours we were there.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kim-Marie
Caracas, Venezuela
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best therapeutic massages in Miami”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I just got back from my third massage with Martin at the Lapis Spa at the Fontainebleau hotel in Miami beach. I always try and stop by the spa when I am traveling through Miami, whether I am staying at the hotel or not. It's not cheap, but it's worth every penny. Martin always gives me good advice on how improve my posture and tight back muscles. I recommend the masters 80 minute massage. I'll be back for sure.

Visited August 2013
Wellington, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Hands down the best spa experience in Miami”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm a lover of all things spa and Lapis is my absolute favorite spa ever! First lets talk about the treatments, my skin always leaves glowing after a facial and my massages are always perfect....whether its deep tissue to iron out the kinks or a stone massage to bring about relaxation. The therapists are true professionals and deliver results! As far as amenities go, no other spa comes close. They have eucalyptus infused steam rooms, mineral pools, rain rooms, Rain tunnels....and the list goes on. Lapis brings a new meaning to the term "spa day"....it is truly an experience!

Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Basic and uninspiring”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We had high expectations after seeing the reviews but were disappointed with how stripped down the Lapis experience was relative to Miami's other options. Starting with the scripted robotic welcome, it was average at best. An average spa for the masses.

They have you wait in an overcrowded holding tank while you wait for the session...there were 16 of us with 10 chairs - awkward. The room my massage was in was stark, no atmosphere whatsoever, felt like a clinic....no music, no candles, no scented oils ...just hotel lotion and silence. The room was uncomfortably warm, the massage was actually quite good but the lack of any atmosphere detracted from the experience.

The hallways are bare, painted floors, no textures and bright unwelcome lighting. There is a large steam room that was nice but no sauna and no aromatic oils to add to the experience, a stark hallway with showers from the ceiling dubbed the "rain walk" that is supposed to be an attraction but has no varied temperatures, no music or lighting to make it remotely interesting. Compared to the Water Ritual at Canyon Ranch, it was laughable.

The pools are small and too warm. The worst part is that other than lotion, soap and shampoo, the locker room lacks any of the accoutrements that one expects: hair gel, deodorant, q-tips, cologne... awful!! Compared to excellent experiences at Canyon Ranch, W Sobe, and Mandarin, this was weak.

Visited August 2013