“Best spa in my life”
Review of Lapis Spa

Lapis Spa
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I've had my fair share of massages in the Boston area, Asia, Caribbean resorts etc and this was by far the best spa experience ever. This was one of the activities that I chose for my bachelorette party and lucky for us, it was spa month so we got a great deal.

Upon check in- we were greeted with warm and friendly smiles. Everytime any of the staff heard us mention that we needed something, they would run over and give it to us. (For instance, one of my friends mentioned she wished she had a bag for her wet clothes and the other wished she had a comb etc) both were brought to them rapidly.

The treats and lemon water was nice throughout the entire spa.

The spa was very clean.

I am glad we had access to the beautiful Fontainebleu pool.

The hot stone massage that i got was very nice and relaxing. I love the layout of the spa.

The rain room was great and the Jacuzzi was a bit tight.

My only regret is that i wished we had more time to spend at the spa instead of the measly 2 hours we were there.

1  Thank Kim-Marie

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I just got back from my third massage with Martin at the Lapis Spa at the Fontainebleau hotel in Miami beach. I always try and stop by the spa when I am traveling through Miami, whether I am staying at the hotel or not. It's not cheap, but it's worth every penny. Martin always gives me good advice on how improve my posture and tight back muscles. I recommend the masters 80 minute massage. I'll be back for sure.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm a lover of all things spa and Lapis is my absolute favorite spa ever! First lets talk about the treatments, my skin always leaves glowing after a facial and my massages are always perfect....whether its deep tissue to iron out the kinks or a stone massage to bring about relaxation. The therapists are true professionals and deliver results! As far as amenities go, no other spa comes close. They have eucalyptus infused steam rooms, mineral pools, rain rooms, Rain tunnels....and the list goes on. Lapis brings a new meaning to the term "spa day"....it is truly an experience!

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We had high expectations after seeing the reviews but were disappointed with how stripped down the Lapis experience was relative to Miami's other options. Starting with the scripted robotic welcome, it was average at best. An average spa for the masses.

They have you wait in an overcrowded holding tank while you wait for the session...there were 16 of us with 10 chairs - awkward. The room my massage was in was stark, no atmosphere whatsoever, felt like a clinic....no music, no candles, no scented oils ...just hotel lotion and silence. The room was uncomfortably warm, the massage was actually quite good but the lack of any atmosphere detracted from the experience.

The hallways are bare, painted floors, no textures and bright unwelcome lighting. There is a large steam room that was nice but no sauna and no aromatic oils to add to the experience, a stark hallway with showers from the ceiling dubbed the "rain walk" that is supposed to be an attraction but has no varied temperatures, no music or lighting to make it remotely interesting. Compared to the Water Ritual at Canyon Ranch, it was laughable.

The pools are small and too warm. The worst part is that other than lotion, soap and shampoo, the locker room lacks any of the accoutrements that one expects: hair gel, deodorant, q-tips, cologne... awful!! Compared to excellent experiences at Canyon Ranch, W Sobe, and Mandarin, this was weak.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I booked a Miami Spa Month package and planned on spending the entire day relaxing in the spa. What a great get away from the continually plugged in and fast paced life we all lead. I was scheduled for 4 treatments; back massage, facial, leg and foot massage and tub soak/scrub. I had some times up to and hour between treatments which was perfect to relax and enjoy all of the unique water feature amenities. The service was amazing but not intrusive. Overall, this was a perfect way to unplug and revive my spirit.