Review Highlights
Really excellent spa, nice facility, and quality treatments.

Located in The Fontainebleu Hotel, one of the best benefits of visiting this spa is staying to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
TAP647
Chicago, Illinois
First visit to a luxury spa

This was our first time visiting a luxury spa. It was nicely set up and did not feel crowded. We... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
zachmo03

Recommended experiences in and around Miami Beach
from $29.99
from $58.99
from $38.00
from $139.00
More Info
All reviews rain room steam room mineral pool spa experience spa month swedish massage hot stone massage minute massage co ed quiet room entire spa great spa couples massage mani pedi amazing massage hotel pool deep tissue
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been to many spas but this one by far has been the best. Not only was the spa BEAUTIFUL but the staff was amazing, especially Veronica . She was extremely nice, one of the best services I have ever received. She helped make my Valentines present by far the best! The spa was clean, neat, and extremely relaxing. They have the best showers, lounges, and fruits!! I already scheduled my next visit. I recommend this spa for anyone, male or female. The service was one of a kind, you will never have it anywhere else.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a baby bleau Swedish 80 minute massage. I wish it were 180 minutes, this massage was great. The men's facility is also great. They have a hot bath, steam room, and rain shower. The co Ed portion of the spa also has a warm bath and rain shower. This was an amazing experience for the two of us. It is expensive but worth it if you are on vacation.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I went there with the Miami Spa Month grand finale, and it's absolutely the best experience I have.

I received excellent service the moment I walked up to the reception. I was given a very nice tour of the facilities as well as a discount coupon for a future trip, which I am totally going to take my husband. They also asked for my shoe size and it was nice to walk around in something that fits rather than uni-size. Throughout my stay I saw lots of staff refilling the snacks and towels, cleaning up... so everything was tidy and nice.

Changing room is huge, with lots of lockers. There are changing rooms as well for those too shy to change by the lockers. The lounge area is well stocked with the ubiquitous fruit-infused water and nuts, plus a variety of tea with honey and lemon, apples, sliced oranges and strawberries (hulled even!) I have to admit though, the space there is somewhat tight. I went on a weekday morning. There were about 8 of us waiting for our appointments, plus people who just finished their appointments and relaxing there... and the place was totally crowded. Can't imagine how it would be like on a weekend. Near the lounge is a rest area with soft beds that looks inviting, though there is too much to do and play for me to sleep my time away.

My masseur Frank was excellent. I asked him what the bamboo massage was like (as I was considering getting it instead of hot stone) and he took out a bamboo stick for a short demo (which made me glad I didn't order it as the bamboo is much less giving than the hands, so the pressure on my body is strong).

I hung out in the spa area a bit. There are steam room, water-jet bath, and an indoor co-ed pool. Didn't really care for the shower tunnel; living in Miami, I can get my warm rain shower from Mother Nature. I did like the rain room though. You lie on a marble bench face down (unless you enjoy and can breath with water pouring on your face) while water does a vigorous dance on your back. Word of warning: be careful. I guess my body was still a bit oily, (despite all the water I've dunked and showered in) and I almost slided off the bench!

Oh, they have plates of sliced cucumber for you to cover your eyes while steaming - and if you like steamed cucumber you can eat it afterwards. : ) It's all these little touches that say this is a better spa.

The best part of coming here versus other spas is, at Fontainebleau you have free access to the pools and beach. They have a nice, big infinity pool, and several smaller ones, include a kids pool with a water slide. I had such a great time I had to start checking the time to make sure I don't run over the 6 hours validation valet limit. (At $7 it's cheaper than the meter!)

So, in conclusion, top notch massage, nice amenities great bonus of pool access. It's not perfect, but pretty darn close to it.

Date of experience: September 2012
Reviewed February 6, 2013

a dream truely I was very pleased with the attention offered to me and my husband. I was given a tour by Veronica this girl is the sweetest and very professional addition to this spa she really went out of her way to show us this spa. I could not be happier to have had the pleasure of using this facility

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I purchased a deal through Spa Finder for my husbands birthday which included a 45 min bath soak, 60 min massage, 25 min facial plus use of spa facilities and outdoor pool entry. FYI you need to pay the tip before your treatments. The welcoming was warm and friendly. Loved the relaxing waiting area with water, juices, teas, fruits and nuts. The bath soak was lovely and i enjoyed the small platter of fresh fruit that the lady brought over however to me the bath soak got a little boring after 30 mins. Next was my massage. I had the Lapissage. An amazing massage but the hot candle oil was a little hot for me. Make sure you speak up and tell the masusse how you like it to make it more enjoyable. My facial was by far my favorite. So good i started falling asleep! Shame it was only 25 mins...
I met up with my husband after our treatments in the unisex indoor pool and rain shower. We loved the rain shower!! It has 2 marble benches that you lay on and at the press of a button, the cold water pelts down on your body. It has different pressures and patterns and goes for about 15 mins. Incredible!!! When we left Lapis, we went right out to the pool and ordered cocktails and food.
A wonderful day and cant wait to go back!

Date of experience: February 2012