“Great stay, excellent value”
Review of Hotel18

Hotel18
Ranked #139 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights to kick off a road trip around Florida. We had a 1br suite. The furnishings are a little dated but the rooms are large and comfortable. Parkings available for $20/night - forget trying to park on the street. It's 100m from the beach and right in the middle of everything going on in hedonistic Miami Beach. Surrounded by bars and clubs, yet absolutely quiet at night. But the best thing about the place (I know this is a cliche but...) was the staff. Best service I've ever had- down to an email (out walking with my phone off) to tell me one of my tires was going flat, dealt with the rental company and found a nearby place to get it fixed.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerard B

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here for 10 days on our honeymoon.
It's not a fancy hotel but it met all our expectations and was very clean and had à friendly staff.
It is located just à few minutes from the beach and everything U need is within walking distance. We definatly enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hotel18 is really a stand-out! Small hotel family owned AND MANAGED by the family - that was key! GREAT LOCATION close to Miami Beach Convention Center - half a block. Friendly staff, reasonable rate, and I had $$ photo gear in my room for four days with never an issue (or concern, really). Not super luxe but VERY recently updated, nice premium upgrades here and there, super clean and super convenient. Five stars for overall value!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night to attend Miami ballet. The hotel is small but cozy. Friendly prompt check in. Rooms are small but clean. We were able to easily walk 2 blocks to the theater. Surrounded by fun restaurants. Limited parking available so make sure you reserve a parking spot before arrival.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

a cozy little hotel with great service. Located in a quiet neighborhood, with perfect distance to beach and resturants and shopping in lincon road. Slightly worn bathroom but otherwise good standard. Is very.The staff did a great job. Thanks to Alex, Jorge and Sachy

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Two blocks from Lincoln road mall and a puuuuurrrrrfect world class stretch of beach. Cute and cozy boutique hotel.

Limited parking, there's a lot half a block away though. Paper thin walls. We heard next door sneezes. Occasional loud mechanical knocks emanated from walls too.

Needs hotel shower curtains. The curtain was too far in the shower and rubbed against me, gross. Room small but fine. Mattress a tiny bit saggy but fine.

Fridge and microwave in room. Points!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel 18 sits on a backstreet from the main strip. The lobby is small, but inviting. The woman at the front desk made an instant great impression; she was kind, very helpful, and professional. Although I was early, they had my room ready, so they permitted me to check in, which I appreciated.

My efficiency room was tastefully yet simply decorated, well-thought-out, clean, cool, and my towels were white and fluffy. There was a generous array of toiletries provided.

The staff continued to be helpful and professional for the duration of my stay.

I enjoyed the courtyard with comfortable cushioned, wicker chairs; it had a European air.

There was nothing extravagant or luxurious about the Hotel 18, but I'm a practical person and it suited me just fine.

Another thing to note that is no reflection at all on Hotel 18: south beach is very noisy and revolves around the night life. If you're not used to city life, you'd better bring the ear plugs for when you sleep.

CAVEAT: If you should book the Hotel 18 via Expedia or one of the other similar sites, call Hotel 18 to reserve a parking space, if available. I didn't know this, so I had to park in a pay-to-park lot down the street. The lot was cash only and it charged on a mutable sliding scale at the whimsy of the lot attendant. I paid $30 for about 17 hours, then they moved my car to a storage lot somewhere else so I lost the convenience of having my car at the ready.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo