“Cozy and great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel18

Hotel18
Ranked #123 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Delray Beach, Florida
“Cozy and great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night to attend Miami ballet. The hotel is small but cozy. Friendly prompt check in. Rooms are small but clean. We were able to easily walk 2 blocks to the theater. Surrounded by fun restaurants. Limited parking available so make sure you reserve a parking spot before arrival.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
bodø
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

a cozy little hotel with great service. Located in a quiet neighborhood, with perfect distance to beach and resturants and shopping in lincon road. Slightly worn bathroom but otherwise good standard. Is very.The staff did a great job. Thanks to Alex, Jorge and Sachy

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Two blocks from Lincoln road mall and a puuuuurrrrrfect world class stretch of beach. Cute and cozy boutique hotel.

Limited parking, there's a lot half a block away though. Paper thin walls. We heard next door sneezes. Occasional loud mechanical knocks emanated from walls too.

Needs hotel shower curtains. The curtain was too far in the shower and rubbed against me, gross. Room small but fine. Mattress a tiny bit saggy but fine.

Fridge and microwave in room. Points!

• Stayed August 2013
Buffalo, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel 18 sits on a backstreet from the main strip. The lobby is small, but inviting. The woman at the front desk made an instant great impression; she was kind, very helpful, and professional. Although I was early, they had my room ready, so they permitted me to check in, which I appreciated.

My efficiency room was tastefully yet simply decorated, well-thought-out, clean, cool, and my towels were white and fluffy. There was a generous array of toiletries provided.

The staff continued to be helpful and professional for the duration of my stay.

I enjoyed the courtyard with comfortable cushioned, wicker chairs; it had a European air.

There was nothing extravagant or luxurious about the Hotel 18, but I'm a practical person and it suited me just fine.

Another thing to note that is no reflection at all on Hotel 18: south beach is very noisy and revolves around the night life. If you're not used to city life, you'd better bring the ear plugs for when you sleep.

CAVEAT: If you should book the Hotel 18 via Expedia or one of the other similar sites, call Hotel 18 to reserve a parking space, if available. I didn't know this, so I had to park in a pay-to-park lot down the street. The lot was cash only and it charged on a mutable sliding scale at the whimsy of the lot attendant. I paid $30 for about 17 hours, then they moved my car to a storage lot somewhere else so I lost the convenience of having my car at the ready.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Bern, Schweiz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

we lost our pass at the airport. but before we did mention, robert came and informed us that we forgot the pass. and so we had no problem to get our pass back. he also explained everything that mattered to us and much more. the hotel is nice equipped. you have a fully kitchen where you can cook, nice tv and bed. and the hotel is closet to the beach. i can very recommend that hotel! and the good thing is, it is one of the most cost-saving hotel at south beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I definitely enjoyed my stay, at the hotel. I visited the area in june and received amazing customer service from a gentlemen named Jorge all weekend. The location, plus the cleanliness, plus how comfortable my room was and to top it off what I call him "super jorge" ...lol took care of us, during my late check in. So because of all that I came back aug 9-11 to the same hotel and again jorge was excellent. Also this time around I received great additional care from alexandre and a young lady who gave me some great info and help. I will be back!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel was a very good choice for us, it was better than we expected! The quality-price are the best.
The rooms are new with a small kitchen and all the kitchenware, coffee and tea!
Everything was clean, the bed was very comfortable that made our stay much better! All the staff was friendly and ready to help with different questions.
The territory of the hotel is small but cosy with a cortyard where you can sit and drink coffee or just relax in the evening.
It is only 1,5 blocks from the beach, you can take beach towels in the hotel that is very convenient.
The hotel is situated close to all the night life of Miami Beach (bars, stores, restaurants etc.) but quite far not to hear this social life in the hotel.
I can highly recommend this place for your vacation in Miami..

Room Tip: Room on the 2nd floor