My husband, baby and I stayed in a one-bedroom apartment (room 207) at the hotel for 4 nights (booked through Expedia) in February and had no complaints. We would stay here again without hesitation.
- Any staff we came into contact with (front desk, housekeeping, etc.) were super friendly and courteous.
- All areas of the hotel were very clean (reception, steps, courtyard) and there was always a caretaker hosing and sweeping the courtyard throughout the day.
- The room was spotless and was very spacious. Decor was very modern and updated. There were nice flatscreens in both the living room and bedroom.
- A crib (playpen) was already in the room for our baby and when we asked for our bedding to be changed, they changed the bedding the playpen as well.
- The hotel was very quiet the week we were there. The bedroom was even quieter. We slept perfectly.
- The hotel has beach towels they lend out if you don't have your own.
- Location is amazing, on a quiet street just off Collins: 2 short blocks to the beach in one direction, 2-3 blocks to Lincoln Road in the other direction. We felt very safe and the surrounding streets were very clean.
- FREE wi-fi in the rooms, free PC in the reception area to print your boarding passes.
- You can come and go at your leisure through a locked gate at the side of the hotel without passing through reception.
Honestly, I can't really think of any negatives. Don't believe the previous review of this being a "poor motel standard" and something like student hostel. It is not AT ALL - at least not if you take the one-bed apartment and not just a standard room.
The bed was too soft for my liking as I prefer a firm mattress but that's more a matter of personal preference. It was still quite comfortable and we slept well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel18 is a serene apart hotel, located in the heart of South Beach. We're a friendly environment is always at your disposal by way of reserving any of our clean and comfortable standard studios, deluxe studios or one bedroom apartments. All of the apartments are set around a courtyard setting that leads to a private guest entrance facing James Avenue. Hotel18 also offers free WiFi, beach towels, communal laundry facilities, self-parking (reservations and fee required) computer station and printer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel18 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.