Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort
Ranked #131 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Good location on the boardwalk and within walking distance to the best Indonesian restaurant of all time ever (Indomania--go there!). The lobby has been updated, but the rooms need updating. Our carpet was dingy and a bit moist, the furnishings were clearly outdated, and it didn't feel like Miami Beach, overall. I'd look into another hotel until these rooms get updated because it didn't feel like I got my money's worth.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie S
Barbara R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay and your comments. We value your feedback and will use your comments to improve. We are in the process of a number of renovations that include all guestrooms. We strive to make each guests stay as enjoyable as possible and apologize if the accomodations were not to your liking. We hope that you will return to our hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Once again, I had to haggle again at reception to confirm my room, even though I had booked well in advance, I had requested if possible for the same room as used previously, in 2013. My room in 2014 was overlooking a building site. Miami is an experience, and my visit was ruined by the room, day 1.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin H

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments. We do try to accomodate all of our guests in their room choice, especially repeat guests as they always have a favorite room. We apologize that we were not able to accomodate you in the same room as last year. Although we do our best it is sometimes not possible due to occupancy or other circumstances. We do hope you will consider us again on your next visit.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had five other people stay at this hotel with me for spring break and we love that the room accommodated all six of us however we kept having issues with the toilettes in one of our bathrooms. The check-in staff and the rest of the staff was very friendly however checking-out the male working there was rude. Please take advantage of the concierge there they are very knowledgeable of the area and local spots to eat at.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest:

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the accomodations and had a good experience with our FD staff and concierge. We apologize that you experienced an issue at check-out and will use your comments to improve for our future guests. We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I booked this hotel b/c it was my birthday weekend. My boyfriend and I arrived late on Friday night (3/14) and there was no one available to help us with our luggage. In addition, we have a Ford F-150 truck and was told that there wasn't any parking available and the front desk didn't mention that the hotel actually had a parking garage until the next morning. We were told to find parking in the garage that was about 3 blocks away. After searching in the garage for more than an hour, we found parking on the garage's rooftop. I requested an Oceanfront Room and received a room that claimed to be on the 4th floor, but looked and felt like it was on the 2nd or ground floor. The room was eye-level right by the pool, which wasn't safe b/c the lock on the sliding doors was broken. If you looked past the pool and the trees after it, you could maybe see the beach. There was also a short in the one of the outlets next to the nightstand closer to the sliding doors. When we tried to turn on the lamp it flashed on and off and the outlet started making buzzing noises. The next day after I complained several times, I was told that we would be moved to a higher floor with an the oceanfront view. We had to wait around and were told (after I inquired 3 times and 3 hours later), that we would be moved after the room was cleaned from previous occupants. The front desk told us to wait and while we did, Housekeeping walked in our 4th floor room to start cleaning b/c the new room was ready.....there is definitely a lack of communication between management and staff. The new room on the 8th floor was much better. I also received a ticket for a reserved space in the hotel's garage. We went to the music festival and returned and could not find parking in the hotel's extremely small garage even though we had a reserved ticket for one. When I complained to the front desk, they said that the gate to the garage was broken and other people were parking in the garage even if they didn't have a reserved space or stayed in the hotel. As directed by the hotel staff, we ended up parking our large truck in the fire lane in front of the hotel which was illegal, a violation, and unsafe. If we had been towed or if the truck had been damaged, we would have held the hotel liable. Lastly, I called the front desk in the morning that we were supposed to check out to request a late check-out at 5pm. We then went to a late breakfast in the dining room (which by the way was the only pleasant experience) and returned to our room to be locked out. Apparently, even though I called they checked us out at the normal check out time. My boyfriend suffers from migraines and was feeling very sick.....I had to leave him standing in the hallway as I ran downstairs to get updated key cards. In my opinion, this was the worst hotel experience I’ve ever encountered. For almost $300 per night, I would have expected far better customer service and accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wyomi E

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. We do have a parking garage available onsite although it has limited spaces available. Once those spaces are taken, we recommend the garage nearby. I'm sorry to hear you had difficulties parking and that you were not pleased with the view in you room. I am glad we were able to find a higher floor for you during such a busy time. We value your feedback and will use your comments to improve our levels of service.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The best part of this hotel is being directly on the beach! We loved the ocean view room, and it was definitely worth the extra $ to sit for coffee or drinks on the balcony. If we stayed longer, I would have asked for another chair. The room was fine with 2 double beds for 3 nights. Longer might have felt crowded with 4 of us. Also liked being able to have a short walk on 41st street to get good coffee, french pastries, snacks, etc. Even a kosher store. Subway sandwich shop across the street. Relatively short drive to Lincoln Road mall and South Beach (except for current construction, but still navigable). Husband & son even walked the 35 minutes to get to Lincoln Road mall.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the accomodations and took advantage of the great location. We hope you will come back and visit us again real soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

For its location, you have a very nice hotel. Opposite the beach. Not too far from out going area. Close to convention center. Close access to I95. Although the internet is free, it is unfortunately unreliable. Several times per day, the signal is too weak and you loose connection. This needs to improve to meet today's standards.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great staff, great location to beach took my 2 grandsons and had a great time. Older hotel but was clean and comforable. Would recommend for family vacation. It is worth the money to pay for parking. Thanks Best Western Great job you are number 1.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family