Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$127
$98
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$328
$247
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$349
  • Pool
Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$270
$209
Kimpton
$309
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $349/night.

Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$204
$189
$159
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$248
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$219
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$249
2,205 results
All reviewsocean frontoceanfront roomsmall poolpool barhousekeeping staffdirect access to the beachmiamijuanwalgreenscollins
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I would not stay in this hotel again. There is no parking available. The rooms are fair, carpets smell, the towels have holes in it and are old. The pool is very small and the pool area is neglected, dirty. There are only 3 tables with umbrellas and one of the umbrellas is broken. The safe in the room does not work. The internet is not available in the pool area. There are no restaurants near by except one and the restaurant in the hotel is very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maravillosa3
Barbara R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Atlantic Beach resort. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The carpets have actually been changed so there is no longer any odor and all new towels were purchased for the guest rooms and pool area. I'm so sorry to hear you thought the Hotel restaurant was your only option. Although the food is excellent, we always encourage our guests to venture out and try the various dining options in the area.

We hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit as the Hotel continues to make improvements for all our future guests.

Best Regards,

Barbara Romano

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel is pretty worn out. In need of serious renovation... stiff is nice though, the location is good.. you can walk right down to the beach... literally 1 min walk from the pool. The safe in room was broken and they were not able to fix it, but offered a use of the safe in the lobby area instead. This hotel tends to charge you for everything (I guess it is common for big cities, we had similar experience in San Francisco). The breakfast is $13.50, even the use of facilities (including non-working in room safe) will cost you $2 per day... whether you use it or not... Why do not include that $2 in the price of the room then? Parking is very limited (only 28 spaces) and will cost you around $25 a day. We used a public parking lot 5 blocks south (corner of Collins and 36th). It is free from 6pm to 8am, and $1 per hour all other times. It is literally 5 min walk from the hotel. You can also park on the street for the same price, but you would probably not be able to find the parking spot.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vladimir R

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort. I am glad to hear you were pleased with the parking at the nearby garage as that is our first option to guests once our lot is full. We do charge parking in the Hotel but it is a very fair price in comparison to the parking in Miami Beach which can be costly. I apologize that your room safe was broken. We have taken care of it. Our FD does offer safety deposit boxes for your convenience.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Miami Beach!

Best Regards,

Barbara Romano

Reviewed August 6, 2013

It took us over 2 hours to check into our rooms, 3 of the front desk staff particularly the manager after we insisted on seeing him were what can only be described as hostile in their attitude to us. There was an error by the travel agent we used and they had the booking in the name of a 12 year old child, the staff insisted they had to have his credit card and the booking could not be changed into his foster fathers name!!! Although they did want his foster fathers credit card in case there was any damage to the room so he could be charged. The floor we were on had mould and damp all along the ceiling. The pool area is a joke, it's dirty all the flooring is peeling off the towels were never there, we had to go to reception and were given towels I would be reluctant to dry my dog with!!! We were asked on 4 separate occasions in a 15 hour period exactly what rooms we were staying in although we had eventually been checked in so it would have been on their computer!! We arrived back at the hotel one evening at 9.15 to have a drink in the bar and it was closed (advertising says it's open til 10pm) when I went to the front desk and asked why the bar was closed the only answer I got was you can go to The Holiday Inn 2 blocks down they stay open til 5am!! We didn't want to drink until 5am 2 blocks down just have a quiet drink before going to bed. There were 12 of us in our party and I can say that not one of us will ever be staying at a Great Western Hotel again, The concierge and the restaurant staff, especially the restaurant manager were excellent and should be commended for having such good attitudes towards their guests they need to give the rest of the front desk staff lessons in how it's done! Or might I suggest that you put them on the front desk and find the staff on the front desk that dealt with us (you'll be able to find which ones they were wechecked in on 1st August and checked out on 3rd) on to the dole queue or whatever the American eqivelant is!!! Eileen Kemp UK

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel is very average needs to be upgraded but you get what you pay for. Carpet smells bad and the room is very average, I would not stay here again did not meet my expectations. We did have a nice ocean view from our room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I live locally in Miami and I know there are so many places to choose from but I had family in from out of town and wanted to stay on beach. I needed a place for 6 guests without having to get a second room and Best Western had that at a fair price. We checked in without problem asked for 4 keys only recieved 2. They did not work in garage door or opener. The parking garage is creepy and I would be very nervous to go in there by myself as a grown woman. The parking spots are way to small unless you have a smart car. I was scared to leave because I knew I would find a bigger spot. We had called ahead to see if we needed beach towels and they said no because BW supplied yellow towels but they were never available. I waited for over an hour, asked 4 staff, went to the desk and finally someone brought them to the pool for us. In 3 days I never saw clean yellow towels in container. The overall hotel just looks run down the pool area bar seemed dirty and old. My kids said cool lets play chess but the pieces were broken and missing. Our cards repeatly kept not working and we must have had them fixed at the front desk 4 times and we made sure that we did not keep them by the phones and other credit cards. The first night we had no sheets for the sofa beds for my sons. Must have called 5 times and then finally over 1 hr and half someone dropped them off. coffee pot did not work you had to hold it up for it to drain the coffee it was like the lid did not fit the pot. One of the remotes for TV did not have batteries and we called and asked housekeeping, no one ever brought them but then hey its just batteries right. The first day the cleaning ladies wanted to clean room at 10am but the teenagers were still sleeping. We all all left at noon and purposely stayed out till about 430-5pm to come back and find room not cleaned. We had to call for someone to clean. I took all the trash cans and towels and put them by door to help out. She left us 3 new towels for a family of six. I did not even call back, not worth it annoyed at this point. Its all about the little things and too many of the little things add up and made this just not a great experience. The folks at front desk were always very courteous but it just seemed understaffed for support help not sure. Unfortunately I wont be back. Just too many other choices on the beach. The only positive things for the hotel would be the beds were comfy, there was hot water which in the reviews some say there was not, and you did have a restaurant on site, we did not use though, the gym is actual very well equipped and my sons loved it. Your hotel is in such a hot location and rt down from Fontainebleau, and it has such potential. It could be so much better.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family