“great service”

Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort
Ranked #144 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This at very nice hotel in south beach, the housekeeping staff is very attentive and friendly. Rooms are very clean. Overall this is a nice place to stay. i am so hapyy whit my room and the service everyday.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Barbara R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort. I am very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. I do agree with you! Our housekeeping staff is wonderful! We hope to have you back with us real soon.

Best Regards,
Barbara Romano

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel needs some major work. hallway carpets need to be replaced. doors are rusty. the doors are really thin, we could hear everything in the hallway. housekeeping staff were EXTREMELY loud in the halls. they sounded like they were having a party - shouting up and down the halls. they need to focus on some maintenance instead of chatting. gym was gross - made me feel like I was breathing in awful germs. water cooler was empty for two days, not sure if it got refilled as we checked out. room toilet was broken. overall, maintenance is really bad at this hotel.

The hotel is in a great location but there are others nearby which looked much nicer from the outside. Nicer pools, better landscaping and better maintained.

Room Tip: Ask for something quiet. Halls were very loud. Ask if there are any newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel was picked for us for the convention recently. It was absolutely disgusting. We walked in to the hallways smelling like pesticides. And yes, we found out why...roaches..killed 3 during the day! It was cold this week, and NO HEAT in the rooms. The bathrooms were disgusting, old & just gross..I wore flip flops. Let's talk about the bar they claim they have! The bar is a folding table with a few drinks to chose from. In the morning, the bar is the omelette station. Breakfast was gross too! The fruit was brown with flies all over the buffet. Even our cream for the coffee everyday had fuzz floating in it. The omelettes they claim are made to order. One simple request I made..no butter...they guy said, sorry thats all we have. No Spray Pam? Really? So no one tries to eat healthy?! The gym is a joke too..maybe 1 treadmill and a few free weights. I didn't make it to the pool to comment. Pay the extra $ and go somewhere else..unless you'd like to bring some roaches home with you.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have to
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The staff at this hotel need a major attitude adjustment.

I've stayed here now 2 years in a row for 3-4 nights each trip and each time the staff at the front desk have been incredibly rude. Last year they were just rude in general and very slow to check us in/out which is annoying but coming from NY I can deal with that type of attitude. This year I had requested an "ocean front" room when I made the reservation and when we arrived we were put in an "ocean view" room, I went up to the room not realizing it wasn't the room I had booked and when I went back to the front desk to sort out the issue the guy checking me very rudely told me it was my own fault and that's what I had booked and that he couldn't do anything about it. When I asked if we could be moved he tried to move me to the same room but 1 floor down --- I'm not sure how he thought that would have helped !?!

I was really disappointed with this hotel this year, the location is great right off the beach and the rooms are somewhat decent but for $230+ per night I wanted to see more than a sliver of the ocean from my "ocean front" room.

Room Tip: Make sure to request an Ocean FRONT room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at the Best western atlantic on our way to a cruise from Miami. The hotel is not new, but is still in fantastic shape! clean rooms and friendly staff, location is trhe best! we had a room with ocean view..amazing! we was celebrating our anyversary and the cleaning staff surprised us leaving us two puppies in love made out of towels! Thank you so much Veronica and Suseet for such a sweet detail! We will come back soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here Sun -Tues in Feb 2013. Waited 1 1/2 hrs to check in.Room in penthouse had good view. Downhill after since maid service was non existence. Construction in room adjacent went on till mid night. Management did nothing to correct situation after numerous complaints. Only people who were competent were the 2 men working concierge desk. Would NEVER stay here again and wonder if all Best Western hotels operate on this low level? Well, the answer is yes as we wrote to them and received "boiler late" response. AWFUL!

Room Tip: None that I wish to write
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Barbara R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013