“Bad Attitude”

Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort
Ranked #143 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The staff at this hotel need a major attitude adjustment.

I've stayed here now 2 years in a row for 3-4 nights each trip and each time the staff at the front desk have been incredibly rude. Last year they were just rude in general and very slow to check us in/out which is annoying but coming from NY I can deal with that type of attitude. This year I had requested an "ocean front" room when I made the reservation and when we arrived we were put in an "ocean view" room, I went up to the room not realizing it wasn't the room I had booked and when I went back to the front desk to sort out the issue the guy checking me very rudely told me it was my own fault and that's what I had booked and that he couldn't do anything about it. When I asked if we could be moved he tried to move me to the same room but 1 floor down --- I'm not sure how he thought that would have helped !?!

I was really disappointed with this hotel this year, the location is great right off the beach and the rooms are somewhat decent but for $230+ per night I wanted to see more than a sliver of the ocean from my "ocean front" room.

Room Tip: Make sure to request an Ocean FRONT room
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at the Best western atlantic on our way to a cruise from Miami. The hotel is not new, but is still in fantastic shape! clean rooms and friendly staff, location is trhe best! we had a room with ocean view..amazing! we was celebrating our anyversary and the cleaning staff surprised us leaving us two puppies in love made out of towels! Thank you so much Veronica and Suseet for such a sweet detail! We will come back soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here Sun -Tues in Feb 2013. Waited 1 1/2 hrs to check in.Room in penthouse had good view. Downhill after since maid service was non existence. Construction in room adjacent went on till mid night. Management did nothing to correct situation after numerous complaints. Only people who were competent were the 2 men working concierge desk. Would NEVER stay here again and wonder if all Best Western hotels operate on this low level? Well, the answer is yes as we wrote to them and received "boiler late" response. AWFUL!

Room Tip: None that I wish to write
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Barbara R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Atlantic Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I got this with my aeroplan points, good thing because I would not have paid the $230 bucks that they wanted for the bed. The hotel needs to be updated badly. Poor service, the staff were not very friendly :( Great Location though!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort. Your opinion is very important to us and provides the opportunity for us to improve in certain areas.

We certainly hope you will allow us the opportunity to wow you on your next visit. We hope to see you real soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been given a dirty room to start, hotel was full and they could not move me anywhere else. When i say dirty, it was at a point that on next day the moved me into another one. The hotel could be rated a 2 stars, looks old and poor. The gym has old equipments in bad conditions. Food is just ok, but i only had breakfast once, was enough. Service is ok, the employees do what they can, in reality they should refurbish the entire hotel ! You should see the "pub" at the first floor!

• Stayed: February 2013

We thank you so much for your feedback. Cleanliness is one of the things we get complimented for the most so to find that your room was dirty is definitely concerning and a priority to me. We are constantly working to update certain areas of the Hotel and will continue to do so.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity on your next visit to Miami Beach and thank you for choosing Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great location easy to get to from the hwy. Lobby nice, elevators new clean and fast, hallways old dark and a little tired. Ocean view rooms decent size comfortable king bed and patio with good views of the pool and beach. Bathroom pretty standard ok size and reasonably clean. Front desk staff and concierge very helpful and friendly, maid staff fairly good however rooms are not very well sound proofed and can pick up a lot of outside noise at all hours. Parking onsite but fairly expensive and floods when there is a heavy rain fall. Overall based on the area and prices of other hotels it is a good value spot.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your wonderful comments.; I know parking can be very expensive on the beach but we try to always maintain our pricing below the average in our area for the convenience of our guests. We will be updating our guest room corridors very soon. We hope to have you back again and value your business. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Atlantic Beach Resort.

Best regards,