We stayed here for one night because we had friends staying down the street for a conference. The location is good if you want to check out South Beach, it's an okay walking distance and a cheap cab ride to all the good shops, restaurants & clubs. This is where the positives end. We pulled up to the Best Western and there was no parking available on the street and no room to stop in the pull through area. We pulled off into a no parking zone anticipating being able to check in and be directed to the parking garage quickly (it was 3:45). I approached the front desk and the relatively unfriendly receptionist found my reservation quickly and gave me my room cards. This was fairly painless. Then I asked her where we go to park. She told me that parking check in wasn't available until 4PM because the garage wasn't ready yet. I'm not sure what exactly getting a parking lot ready entails. Being that it was now 10 minutes to 4, I again asked "so when it is 4 o clock, where do I go?". She looked at me like I just asked her the worlds stupidest question and very snottily replied " You CANNOT park until 4PM! Come back then." So I retreated to the car to wait for 10 minutes. At 4PM I cautiously approached the desk again and asked if it was okay to park now. She said she had no idea and she'd have to go ask. This took several minutes in a back office. She left me up front looking at their security monitor of the parking garage...which was half empty. When she came back she said that the parking garage was not yet ready for check in and maybe I could try back in an hour. I told her we were parked illegally and asked if their were any other parking garages or options nearby. She said no but that we could pull up in the drive way as long as we didn't block anyone and wait for an hour with our car. So back to the car to pull it around and drag our bags up the stairs (there are no ramps in front of the hotel) to the lobby. Feeling frustrated, my usually very non-confrontational boyfriend went to the desk and very loudly asked what the issue was with the parking. Because this attracted much attention from other guests, a guy came up from the back and quickly told us that there was plenty of valet parking at the hotel right beside them and that it was actually cheaper than BW parking! Keep in mind I specifically asked about other parking arrangements and was told there were none.
The short version of the rest of our experience is:
-bad air freshener/mold smell in halls & room
-very gross dirty carpet in room
-hair in several places in bathroom
-tub didn't drain
-phone didn't work
-bed was clean
-very thin walls, we are not light sleepers and this wasn't a huge deal being that it was only one night but if staying longer, this would have bothered me
-maids started vacuuming the hallway at 6:30, knocked on the door to clean the room at 8:15, 9:30 & again at 11
-front desk called me at 11:55 to make sure I was checking out within 5 minutes
-however check out is at noon which is nice after partying in SoBe
-no complimentary breakfast as in most BWs
Overall I would never recommend this hotel. The poor housekeeping, parking & service are unlike any other BW I've ever stayed in. This is NOT Best Western standard, this is an embarrassment to their chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to this oceanfront Miami Beach, Florida hotel conveniently near the Atlantic Ocean, South Beach, Port of Miami and the Miami Beach Convention Center. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort where the service is top notch and the accommodations are beachfront and affordable. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, this Florida hotel offers convenient access to many local attractions in and around Miami Beach. Guests staying at this Miami Beach hotel will enjoy spacious, ocean view guest rooms and suites that are 100% non-smoking and feature cable satellite television, refrigerator and free wireless high-speed Internet access. Dining and entertaining are made easy at the BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort with a restaurant and cocktail lounge right on property. After a day of enjoying all that Miami Beach has to offer, take a refreshing dip in the outdoor swimming pool or work out in the fully equipped exercise facility. The BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort is fully equipped with a business center and meeting and banquet facilities that can accommodate up to 150 people. The BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort is close to where travelers want to be while visiting Miami Beach. Nestled oceanfront, this hotel is just steps away from the Atlantic Ocean Florida beaches. Spend a leisurely afternoon touring the Miami Seaquarium or exploring the Parrot Jungle Recreational Park. Find a variety of brand name shops at world renowned Coconut Grove, located just 12 miles from the hotel. Venture out and enjoy all the excitement and entertainment offered in nearby South Beach. Guests will also appreciate this hotel's proximity to the Port of Miami, Mount Sinai Hospital and Miami Heart Research Center. The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Miami Beach, Florida. Make a reservation today and save. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your BEST WESTERN Atlantic Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Atlantic Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Best Western Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Best Western
- Best Western Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Best Western