“Good Location, but be warned it is LOUD at night!”

Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
Ranked #132 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Stayed here on a business trip in July. Hotel is clean and the lobby is a typical Courtyard style lobby witha small cafe. The hotel i sold, but Marriott Courtyard has updated it to the usual Courtyard style. There is also a rooftop pool, but we opted for the short walk to South Beach.

If you are looking for a quiet sleep, do not stay here. This place gets loud at night. There is a strip club located directly across the street. Women are out till 6am trying to bring cusotmers into the club. Also, there is some sort of club/disco on one side of the hotel and they share a common wall. This place was bumbing on a Wed night.....all night! In addition to the rowdy clubs, you have a lot of partiers staying here for the cheap rates.......they come back to the hotel at all hours of the night stumbling and yelling in the hall ways. I won't be staying here again, especially when I am on a business trip.

This hotel is a short walk to the beach, Lincoln, Ocean Front bars/restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach

Reviewed July 5, 2010

Well located, clean and comfortable room, nice little poole on the rooftop. Why pay a fortune to stay on Collins Road when you can stay there and save your money for drinks and dinner?

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I stayed there with my friends for a weekend before our cruise trip in April. My overall experience was good. They had a nice rooftop pool, which was nice. Their room was spacious equipped w a flat screen tv and windows w adaquate views of Washington ave. The place is conveniently located to clubs, grocery/liquor stores, shopping, restaurants and five brothers!! The only downside to this place is that service is scarce (it took us 30 mins waiting in a long line w only 1 person working behind the counter just to checkout) and limited amenities for the more than modest price ($199 a night), but I guess it's decent for south beach.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

The hotel is very good and the beach is excellent. The only two things that bothered a little bit was the distance to South Beach and the price of the Valet Parking, $ 26 per day. It´s near by car, but not walking. A good tip to park in South Beach is to use the Public Parking Buindings, quite cheaper than the private ones.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott last week, and if you are looking for a sleepless night, perhaps the rudest service you are likely to experience in Miami or indeed the entire USA and enjoy pubic hair in your bathtub, this hotel is for you. Upon check in, god forbid I asked the receptionist for a map - in his credit he did throw me a map, literally, but he forgot to point out where the hotel was exactly on it. Directly opposite the hotel is Miami beache's biggest strip joint - another lovely feature. Next door is a notorious nightclub, and I saw a flim crew out the front, with the reporter detailing how many stabbings have been there this year. The following morning, after having people outside my door constantly talking (this hotel is obviously for party people) I thought a shower may make me feel better - and a curly hair was smiling back at me...a pubic remnant of the prior guest. The following two nights, the hotel had a number of guests who had come to Miami for the night-life....wonderful for those individuals, but if you enjoy hearing screaming girls getting ready to go out around 10pm, and again the same groups returning around 5am singing and screaming as they enter their room then you are guaranteed to get it here. We also hired a car for 2 days, and used the valet parking facility for one night - big mistake there. Upon check out, two nights parking appeared on the bill. When questioning the incorrect charge, the extraordinarily condescending head porter tried to explain using hand gestures and rude tone that we put the car in on Thursday, and as it was Saturday that constituted 2 nights......despite me explaining that the car had been delivered by me back to the car rental company on Friday morning (and could prove this with a return receipt showing our car had been returned Friday afternoon and as such overnight Valet parking for Friday night was impossible), it was still too hard to accept that the hotel had incorrectly charged an additional nights valet. I was then informed it was my responsibility to inform the porters when my car was in or out of valet.....the oddest thing I have ever heard (I stupidly assumed that the hotel would keep a record of what and when they have cars in their valet service....silly me!)! All in all, if it is service that goes the extra mile you are looking for, I would suggest driving an extra mile past this hotel, and find an alternative property when visiting Miami beach!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank UkiAdrian
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Overall, the Courtyard at Miami Beach is a good hotel if you want to stay at a relatively inexpensive place in South Beach while still being close to all the action.

Compared to how other Courtyards look, I agree with other reviewers that it doesn't look as up-to-date and modern. However, the rooms were all clean, had LCD TVs, comfortable beds, and complimentary internet. Bathrooms did look a bit outdated, and there wasn't a safe in the room, but since we were staying only one night, it wasn't a big deal. Also, there's a nice pool on the roof of the hotel, which actually looked nice and inviting.

I thought the service was fine. Staff was friendly and helpful.

I would skip the breakfast in the hotel. The price was 10.95, but it didn't look all that great, and you're far better off walking to Lincoln Road and eating at one of the cafes there.

The main great thing about the hotel is the location. You're within walking distance to the beach, Lincoln Road, and Espinola Way. While there's a club next door, I didn't hear any noise from it at night (our room might have been on the other side). There is a strip club across the street from the hotel, but I didn't see too much riff raff at night so I wasn't bothered by it too much.

Now while the price of this hotel is more than what most Courtyards charge, you actually should compare with the other hotels in South Beach, which are way more expensive. Compared to those, I thought this hotel was reasonably priced, given its location, comfort of the rooms, and the adequate service.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grandmastershu
Reviewed March 15, 2010

...I wish I would have.

This is an extremely disappointing Marriott. The staff & reception desk do the very minimum to assist you in any way, from check-in to check-out, not to mention would rather ignore you than communicate with you in any way, especially if you have a major problem. I lost my ID & PASSPORT in the hotel & was ignored, told that they would not help me post anything or assist in looking for it in any way. Apparently there aren't even security cameras anywhere in the hotel.

Other than the rude staff, the walls must be paper thin because there is never a moment of silence. The rooms overall were okay, nothing special, accommodating or comfortable in my opinion.

The location is decent - a few blocks from the beach if you don't want to be directly on it. However, there are a bunch of clubs right near the hotel & if you are looking to come back at night to peace, quiet & a hotel where you feel safe, skip on staying here. The crowds are basically sitting on your front steps.

Definitely spend the extra money to stay somewhere nicer, read reviews... It will make or break your stay in Miami.

2  Thank lilbellakrys