“Great Service & Location - should probably be a Fairfield Inn”

Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
Ranked #133 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Texas
“Great Service & Location - should probably be a Fairfield Inn”
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Spent a week here on business and basically agree with most other posts. The service was incredible from the start - from the bell staff w/luggage to the front desk with shopping and dining recommendations. While the hotel has undergone an obvious and refreshing renovation, everything about the stay felt more like a Fairfield Inn instead of a Courtyard. There are flat screens in the room but no in-room movie options. The fitness center is quite small and would be well crowded if more than 5 were inside at the same time. Low ceilings weren't good for me as jump roping is a part of my workout routine. If you're into shopping, people watching, and entertainment, you couldn't be in a better spot. There is a gentleman's club directly across the street so it's probably not the best place to stay with small children. It was a good stay overall and a good deal for south beach. However, I'd probably choose another Marriott property in the area on my next trips to Miami.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2009

My colleagues and I stayed last week at the Courtyard Marriott for the Florida International Medical Expo (FIME). The staff which included both Joe's, Stephen, & Carmen at the front desk, David & Raul at the Valet and Gaby in the breakfast area as well as the chambermaid staff made the whole week stay enjoyable and easy to work at the Miami Beach Convention Center. On another note the location is also close to all the Action in South Beach including Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
CT
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Went down for my b-day the location was good because all the clubs i wanted to go to were within walking distance Dream, Mansion, Cameo, Sobe live and Bed. The room was ok the furniture needs to be upgraded and the staff was very friendly and helpful and the aaa discount knocked the price down a good amount.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank CtHennessy
philadelphia
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I know where I'm staying next time I'm back, and thanks to a wonderful stay, I sure will be back to sobe soon! Very helpful front desk agenst, especially Joe, and concierge staff. View from rooftop pool deck makes you want to shout "I'm the King of the World!" and any noise from the clubs around do not carry over.

Stepped out at 4am, good to see nightitme security out front. A lot of wonderful little eateries on the corner, charlotte's bakery and cheeseburger baby are terrific! Beach is three blocks away. Just a really convenient location and terrific hotel. Five stars for me!!!

The only con is parking in a parking garage, but that too is really close.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank tmh24601
Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We stayed at the courtyard during the memorial day weekend. 5/21-5/25. As people may know that this is one of the busiest time of the year for Miami becuz of the Urban Beach Week. It was 5 of us females. It was an ok experience at this hotel. The location was perfect. Not on the busy streets which were collins and ocean drive. The only thing I did not like about this hotel is the maid services. Because there were 5 of us, we needed extra towels and washclothes. When requested, it took them years just to bring them and they had an attitude about it. The front desk along with the bellboys were also nice. We never had any problems with them. They opened the door for us when we left and when we came back in. As for the breakfast. DON'T DO IT. You will be disappointed because they serve NOTHING. Those pictures are a lie. But as for the overall stay it was ok. We were barely in it to really realize if there were major flaws.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Piscesbaby82
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I arrived at 11pm on a Friday night and could hardly get in the door because the hotel is located next to a popular dance club. At check-in, I exprssed my concern for a quiet room. They assured me that I was on the opposite side of the hotel and it would be quiet, and it was.
The following night my hallway was like Grand Central Station and the people in the room next to me were very noisy. I called down to the desk and they said they were taking care of this and I guess the did remove that guest. But by this time I found another hotel to move to the next day.
This hotel is not up to the usual standards of a Marriott Courtyard, I did not feel safe in the neighborhood, especially at night and with all the Club people next door.
The staff did seem helpful and did try their best to assist during my stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Alaskagirl78

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

WORLD
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I have traveled to many places and have had to stay in over 100 different hotels (for both business & pleasure). Though at times I have been dissatisfied, I have never had such a bad stay that I felt I had to warn others ... until now. Literally, you could not pay me to stay at the courtyard by Marriott Miami in South Beach on Washington Ave.

First, before arriving in FL I asked the front desk if I could check in early since my flight arrives much earlier than check in (or I would have re-scheduled my flight). I was told it wouldn’t be a problem ... wrong. I wasn't able to check in until hours of getting there.

Then throughout the entire stay the hotel management was rude towards me and made me feel as I had done something wrong by staying there. Working in the retail industry myself, I'm naturally greeting everyone I come across. On my way in & out of the hotel, I'd greet the staff but stopped after getting judgmental looks from them and literally a "gasp" a couple times as if I was annoying them.

When I returned mid evening from being out, i was disappointed by the lack of cleaning the maids had done to the room. They literally just threw my covers back on the bed. When I called to comment on the maid service, the response was "I knew we were going to have problems with you". WOW!

When I asked one of the Managers (Joseph) directions to a specific restaurant (only because the Wi-Fi in the hotel wasn't working) he said he couldn't help me because he had to help the other guest ... who must have been invisible since I saw no one else.

I'm not sure if I was treated this way due to race or if this is how the staff always treats people. I would encourage ANYONE who has felt this way to also comment.

Don't take a chance of ruining your business trip or vacation ... DO NOT STAY THERE.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business