“Cool, comfortable, and convenient!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach

Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
Ranked #101 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Charlotte
“Cool, comfortable, and convenient!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

After considering many options, we chose to stay at this property based on location and value. Really glad we did! It is so convenient to walk to Lincoln Road Mall and the many great restaurants and shopping there, plus it's convenient to walk to the beach from here as well! The rooftop pool is lovely, a pleasant and quiet respite from the crowds of South Beach! The hotel itself is nicely styled, with a comfortable lobby/lounge area, and a walk-up counter (bistro) for food and drinks. The fitness center is satisfactory and the front desk staff and valet service are friendly and efficient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Edam4
GM_MiamiBeach, Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Edam4,

Thank you for your comments and I am very happy that you were glad to stay at our property. It's great that you enjoyed yourself at our rooftop pool and were able to see the beautiful views of South Beach. Thank you again for the great comments and we hope to see you in the future.

Wesley Chatellier
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

A well positioned hotel for exploring South Beach. The staff and service levels are excellent, the hotel also has the benefit of a roof top pool with towels supplied although there were no towels available at the weekend. The Rooms are well equipped and the beds I found comfortable although the decor could do with an update. I did not like the Bistro type catering but that may be down to the limited space they have available. As far as I aware none of the rooms have a balcony which is a shame. A nice hotel and I would stay here again if I came back to Miami.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GM_MiamiBeach, Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear thecanveyislander,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially that our staff and service was to the level that Marriott is known for.

How wonderful that you enjoyed the roof top pool and I apologize that there weren’t enough towels at the pool on the weekend.

Hope to see you again very soon!

Warm regards,
Gertie
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Strike 1: Got into bed, felt something odd on my leg, and found a spoon in the bed!
Strike 2: The shower was nice and forceful but the tub did not drain well. I hate to be up to my ankles in shower water!
Strike 3: Found a disgusting hair on my bath towel when I took if off the rack.
The good and the bad: The only good thing was that the air conditioner made the room cold. But the bed was so lumpy and uncomfortable that I didn't sleep well even in a cold room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TheGoBird,

We appreciate the time you took to make us aware of the inconveniences you encountered while staying with us. Your feedback is very valuable. It is unbelievable that something like this would happen in our hotel as the cleanliness of our rooms is one of our highest priorities. Please contact us so that we can discuss your experience further.

Warm regards,
Gertie
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

My girlfriends and I stayed here to celebrate my 40th Birthday and we had an awesome stay. The front desk staff (Raffi, Camille, and Kami) was AWESOME!!!! Leo in the bar area was just as awesome! Anything we needed it took no more than 10 minutes to get. They only issue we had was the mattress on the pull was old and had a dent it was replaced the next day. The noise level was not too bad except when some rooms got a bit rowdy. We called to front and they handled it in no time. I would definitely stay here again. The rooms were cleaned and the hallway smelled good (not often you find that in any hotel). The pool area was clean and nice. I loved the view! The location was great we were close to everything and what wasn’t close was just a quick taxi away. Thank you to the Marriott Courtyard South Beach for making my 40th birthday a blast!!!!!

2 Thank mlindsey5
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear mlindsey5,

Happy belated birthday! We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your celebration. I'm very happy to hear that the staffs in all areas were helpful throughout your stay. Thank you for the feedback regarding the sofa bed. We are always disappointed when a guest experiences an issue, but thankful we were able to resolve in a timely manner. Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we will definitely look forward to your return.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

It's right on the beach. What more do u want. It's beautiful. The pool is great and they have a bar right in that same area. We loved it here and would definitely stay here again. Also the staff are always very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank AMS918
GM_MiamiBeach, Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear AMS918,

Thank you so much, we love guests like you! We hope you will visit again in the future.
Vallejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

This review is simply for Catalina at the front desk. She was absolutely wonderful, and very helpful. I checked in 5/18 for a couple nights and she was the highlight of my stay there with her courteosy, friendliness, and assistance. Although the room wasn't ready when i checked in, she offered me a drink to keep hydrated in that warm weather, as well as friendly conversation. I didnt get to say goodbye to her as i would've liked but, Thank you Catalina for making my experience more memorable ;) - Robert

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Robert,

She is pretty amazing and thank you for recognizing her. I will make sure that we post your compliment where all her peers can see it. Thank you for staying with us and I'm happy you enjoyed it.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

A trip that was on path to be disastrous experience was quickly eradicated the moment we arrived at this diamond in the rough located in the heart of South Beach. After a red eye flight and an uncomfortable 5 hours on our plane from Phoenix, we arrived at the Courtyard Miami South Beach at 7:00am. I had requested for an early check-in and had no expectations of this being honored with the knowledge that there was certain to be a high volume of guests due to the extremely busy nature of South Beach over Memorial Day weekend. Upon arrival we knew that this was a special property with exceptional staff as we were graciously greeted and attended to by the doorman as our cab pulled up to the hotel.
We approached the front desk with high hopes and limited expectations, knowing that a 7:00am check in would be nearly impossible. Although we were only scheduled to stay there for a two nights, the front desk attendant Stephanie treated us as if she had known us for years. Aware of our situation Stephanie immediately began to weigh our options and possibilities determined to find a resolution to our check-in predicament. She then spoke with gentleman who I later found out was her manager Joe. After Speaking with the both we were ecstatic. They managed to get us checked into our room by 9:00am, just enough time to eat breakfast.
The remainder of our stay we crossed paths with Joe and Stephanie several times. They addressed us by our names, making sure we were satisfied with our stay. Joe and Stephanie were two of the most pleasant, hardest working employees I have ever encountered in a hotel. The rest of the staff members we encountered were extremely helpful as well. The staff was friendly, accommodating, intuitive, and informative. To say our stay at this courtyard was delightful would be an extreme understatement. The combination of the courtliness of the staff, the spacious and cleanliness of the rooms, the rooftop pool (with cabanas), and a short two block walk to the beach all played a vital role of creating life-long memories and a positive impression with myself and the members in my party. We would definitely stay here again.
I can't think of a time where I have actually been sad to check out and leave a hotel.. I wished I could stay another week. The rooms were quiet and clean.. beds comfortable. The food was great, pool was nice, and the staff second to none.

2 Thank Andrew M
Dear Andrew,

Thank you so much for the very kind and detailed review. I am so happy to hear that Stephanie and Joe made you not want to leave! We take great pride in our hotel and servicing our guests. I can’t express enough gratitude or paint the picture of how your feedback positively impacts our team. Thank you so much for staying and we hope to see you again.