“Doubt that I will Return.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach

Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
Ranked #111 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Doubt that I will Return.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed for 1 night. Customer Service was great but the 1 bedroom room was very small and very outdated. Lobby and amenities are great. I know the location warrants very high hotel prices but I have stayed at over 40 different Courtyard by Marriott and this one is under par when it comes to room conditions. $28.00 for valet parking seemed expensive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Beachfinder66
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear freerain,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear that you felt the room was small and outdated. We appreciate the compliments to our staff. Again, I am very sorry that you do not plan on returning. I would like the opportunity to discuss your experience further if you have the opportunity. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Nanyce Lanier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The good, great situation right on the beach, nice spacious rooms with sea views and amazing service from the staff
The bad - building work going on, so a lot of noise
The ugly - the breakfast, possibly the worst I have had. Tables dirty, grapefruit stale and horrible breakfast by American standards. Rather go to Starbucks in the lobby.

Room Tip: High with a view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank frankfurness
Dear frankfurness,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in a few places throughout the hotel, but I do not think this review belongs to our property. Our hotel does not offer views of the ocean from the room and we don't offer grapefruit in our restaurant. It seems that overall you enjoyed your stay with Marriott and I hope you will continue to choose our brand when you travel. Thank you!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I recently booked a trip for a entire week at this property. The staff has been nothing but friend and courteous with any request made. The staff was prompt and understanding. The rooftop pool was excellent as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Henry E.,

Thank you for staying and we hope to see you again in the future. I am happy you enjoyed your visit.

Brookline, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here one night for business. The hotel is centrally located on Miami Beach, with excellent amenities and a reasonabe price. The staff were very accomodating and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear foresterc,

Thank you for the compliments. We really appreciate your business and definitely look forward to your return. Thank you again!

Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here in August for only one night. Paid around thirty dollars for valet parking with tax. There might be cheaper parking options around but didn't check. Lots of places to eat around and tons of shopping within walking distance. Stayed here because of its location within walking distance to the Jackie Gleason theater for a show I was attending. The hotel was being remodeled and the lobby where you check in was tiny. Could be a problem if many people are checking in at one time. I don't know when remodeling will be done but I didn't really have a problem with it.
All staff that I dealt with were nice and I had no issues. The room was clean and perfect for a quick one night stay. Not a fan of South Beach but wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Plutop82,

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. We do provide similar amenities to other Courtyard properties within the company. Were there any particular items that you required in the guestroom that you did not find? I would love to hear more about your experience to ensure another guest doesn't leave feeling underwhelmed. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss further. Thank you again.

Best,
Liversedge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A friend and I spent a week in the Courtyard and despite the room being in need of some tlc I had no complaints. I would describe the room as fairly basic with no frills or luxuries but of a good size and with a comfortable bed. I can't fault the service and the free wifi was a nice bonus. I have stayed in better Courtyard's but that doesn't mean I wouldn't stay here again.
Washington Avenue runs parallel to Ocean Drive and within 2 minutes you can be strolling down the famous strip of Art Deco hotels. There are a number of restaurants and takeaways within a few minutes walk and if you are not looking to stay right on Ocean Drive I don't think you can go far wrong. There is a nice rooftop pool and sun loungers should you not want to hit the beach (can't understand why though).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Plutop82,

Best,
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I just spent five nights at this hotel and we were a bit unsure of what to expect based on the reviews. Happy to say that our stay far exceeded our expectations. First off, the customer service was outstanding. Every employee we met was gracious, professional and always smiling. We got great recommendations on places to dine (Oh Mexico, Sibilla, Books and Books, Nexxt, Yard Bird) from the front desk every time we asked and they were at all price points. The hotel is very clean and our room was spotless. The lobby renovation was just ending and it looks great. The rooftop pool was small, but clean and very refreshing offering ample seats in both the sun and shade. The location can not be beat as it is 2-3 blocks to the beach, Lincoln Road, Espanola Way, and Collins Ave. We will definitely return and look forward to it.

Room Tip: Room 507 is a corner room and it was quiet and easy to access to rooftop pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank James M
Dear James M,

Thank you for the great comments regarding our hotel and staff. We are always pleased to hear that we exceeded expectations. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!