“Tiny rooms, but good location”

Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
Ranked #121 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Francisco, California
“Tiny rooms, but good location”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

First of all, you can't beat the price for the location - you're just a few blocks from the beach, and steps away from really great restaurants and shopping. Compared to the prices of other hotels in the area, it's definitely a great value!

For the most part, the hotel was good for what we needed - but the room we were put in was so small that I almost felt like I was in a hotel room in Europe. We also had a few issues with cleanliness. I understand it's Florida, but seeing a "palmetto bug" in the hallway is never a great feeling. Also, one day we got a towel filled with long black hair (EW).

Also - water, sodas and other snacks/beverages will cost you a pretty penny here (I think a bottle of water was going for over $4), so we went across the street to a convenience store and stocked up on the essentials.

The rooftop pool was great. I'd suggest that you take a trip up there at night. Great view!

Overall, it was a fair stay, but again, you can't beat the price and location. And, after all, you're not on vacation to spend the whole time in your room!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear ShoegalSITC,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for the issue you encountered in the hallway and also for the hair in your towel. Do you mind contacting me at the hotel so I can get more information about the date of your stay and room number? We want to ensure we maintain the quality and cleanliness that our guests expect from a Marriott. I would like an opportunity to properly follow up with our team if there were any issues. I'm happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and I hope you'll choose us again if your travel brings you back to south beach.

Nanyce Lanier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had booked a suite with sofa bed for three. The lounge part seemed a bit small so we asked for something bigger and were given two massive sized queen rooms, adjoining with no extra charge. Super friendly staff. Spotless clean rooms, great location and a rooftop pool to die for. We LOVED our stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Marayd
Dear Marayd,

Thank you so much for the compliments to our hotel and staff. We're happy to hear that you loved your stay. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you. Please come back and visit us in the future!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Soo close to the beach, in the middle of everything, customer service fantastic. We were the drunken mess and they were cool and relaxed about everything. All the guests were in great moods. Only problem was that there was no bar on the roof-pool area. But the pool was open late and had a great lounge set-up and overlooked all of South Beach.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter, you don't spend time in your room anyways.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sirr_Chew
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Sirr_Chew,

Thank you so much for staying with us and I really appreciate the positive feedback. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel was pretty clean, great location, front desk staff was professional and courteous. My problem was after the fact. I used the valet service because it seemed like the only option. It was approx $30 per day. I did not move my vehicle at anytime during my 3 day 2 night stay. When I got it back it I noticed sugar ants. I called the hotel about an hour after I left and was blown off. I called back the next day when I realized it was more than a few ants...they were everywhere! I was blown off and told that basically valet was handled separately by a company. I spoke with the manager Waldo who did apologize however he wasn't surprised by the complaint neither was the lady who answered at the front desk on my second call. I don't think my complaints are getting to the right people so maybe if I do it here someone will contact me. I have photos and video that I will most certainly be posting and sending the their corporate office....I stayed 2 nights and paid for valet....my total stay $498 only to have my Yukon overrun by ants....

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank ElleAWhy
Dear EllyAWhy,

Thank you for staying with us. I really appreciate your compliments to the staff and the hotel in spite of the issue you encountered during your stay. I would like to apologize on behalf of the staff and valet for our poor handling of this situation. Please give me a call directly and the hotel and I will resolve this problem correctly. I apologize again for the ants in your car. I hope to hear from you soon.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had such a nice time in this Hotel. Isn't very modern but confortable.
Location is perfect because everything is a walking distance.
Beach and shopping are close by!
Staff was helpfull and kind all times.
I will recomend Courtyard Marriott Miami Beach!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear SoraiaSerrano,

Thank you! We appreciate the recommend and definitely appreciate your business. I see that you review often, so thank you again for your compliments. I am also very excited to announce that we have a hassle free renovation scheduled for our lobby, with an extremely modern look and feel. Please visit us again in the future!

Maryland
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The staff at this hotel could not have been more friendly and welcoming. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We loved the roof top pool and the location was outstanding. While it is not located directly on the beach it is a two block walk to the beach, and 5 mins from everything else exciting.
Small downside: The elevator system to the roof top is a little crazy. Only one elevator goes to the pool and you often have to wait 15 mins. If you wanted to take the stairs there is not really an option for stairs because once you get tot he top it is locked. The other thing is the breakfast...very good but way to expensive for what you get and Elite rewards members should always get it free...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TLaboogie,

Thank you so much for your comments and I'm happy you enjoyed the hotel and the pool. Please accept my apologies for the delay with the elevator; we will improve our signage to better assist our guests with accessing this area. I really appreciate your comment and the opportunity to improve our guest’s pool experience. Thank you again and we're very excited that otherwise your stay went well. We hope to see you again in the future!

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall this place is nice, comfortable, clean, etc. it's outdated, but we just stayed 1 night and it was priced well. Breakfast is $12.95 but there is a great cafe across the street that we ate at! Parking is $28 but that's typical for this area. Excellent location as you can walk to everything!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank conbonKR
Dear conbonKR,

Thank you staying with us. I really appreciate the honest and candid feedback. We are looking forward to a lobby renovation within the next month offering a modern look and feel, enhanced technology, and additional food and beverage options. I hope you will visit us again in the future.