“Absolutely a Steal, Worth it.”

Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
Ranked #136 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Soo close to the beach, in the middle of everything, customer service fantastic. We were the drunken mess and they were cool and relaxed about everything. All the guests were in great moods. Only problem was that there was no bar on the roof-pool area. But the pool was open late and had a great lounge set-up and overlooked all of South Beach.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter, you don't spend time in your room anyways.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sirr_Chew
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Sirr_Chew,

Thank you so much for staying with us and I really appreciate the positive feedback. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel was pretty clean, great location, front desk staff was professional and courteous. My problem was after the fact. I used the valet service because it seemed like the only option. It was approx $30 per day. I did not move my vehicle at anytime during my 3 day 2 night stay. When I got it back it I noticed sugar ants. I called the hotel about an hour after I left and was blown off. I called back the next day when I realized it was more than a few ants...they were everywhere! I was blown off and told that basically valet was handled separately by a company. I spoke with the manager Waldo who did apologize however he wasn't surprised by the complaint neither was the lady who answered at the front desk on my second call. I don't think my complaints are getting to the right people so maybe if I do it here someone will contact me. I have photos and video that I will most certainly be posting and sending the their corporate office....I stayed 2 nights and paid for valet....my total stay $498 only to have my Yukon overrun by ants....

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank ElleAWhy

Dear EllyAWhy,

Thank you for staying with us. I really appreciate your compliments to the staff and the hotel in spite of the issue you encountered during your stay. I would like to apologize on behalf of the staff and valet for our poor handling of this situation. Please give me a call directly and the hotel and I will resolve this problem correctly. I apologize again for the ants in your car. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had such a nice time in this Hotel. Isn't very modern but confortable.
Location is perfect because everything is a walking distance.
Beach and shopping are close by!
Staff was helpfull and kind all times.
I will recomend Courtyard Marriott Miami Beach!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear SoraiaSerrano,

Thank you! We appreciate the recommend and definitely appreciate your business. I see that you review often, so thank you again for your compliments. I am also very excited to announce that we have a hassle free renovation scheduled for our lobby, with an extremely modern look and feel. Please visit us again in the future!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The staff at this hotel could not have been more friendly and welcoming. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We loved the roof top pool and the location was outstanding. While it is not located directly on the beach it is a two block walk to the beach, and 5 mins from everything else exciting.
Small downside: The elevator system to the roof top is a little crazy. Only one elevator goes to the pool and you often have to wait 15 mins. If you wanted to take the stairs there is not really an option for stairs because once you get tot he top it is locked. The other thing is the breakfast...very good but way to expensive for what you get and Elite rewards members should always get it free...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TLaboogie,

Thank you so much for your comments and I'm happy you enjoyed the hotel and the pool. Please accept my apologies for the delay with the elevator; we will improve our signage to better assist our guests with accessing this area. I really appreciate your comment and the opportunity to improve our guest’s pool experience. Thank you again and we're very excited that otherwise your stay went well. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall this place is nice, comfortable, clean, etc. it's outdated, but we just stayed 1 night and it was priced well. Breakfast is $12.95 but there is a great cafe across the street that we ate at! Parking is $28 but that's typical for this area. Excellent location as you can walk to everything!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank conbonKR

Dear conbonKR,

Thank you staying with us. I really appreciate the honest and candid feedback. We are looking forward to a lobby renovation within the next month offering a modern look and feel, enhanced technology, and additional food and beverage options. I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

First off - I would like to say the staff were so kind, polite, efficient, accommodating and friendly. Our room was very spacious, clean and well stocked with clean towels, shampoo and any other items that we needed to be replenished with. As three women traveling alone we felt safe and well taken care of at this hotel. The hotel is well maintained and it shows. The roof top pool is beautiful and also well maintained. This is a great place to stay if you want to be close to everything. It is a busy spot - so if you are visiting SoBe to be part of the nightlife and party you've picked a great place to stay. Weekends are particularly more busy. I would definitely come back here with my girlfriends! Thank you all at the Courtyard for making our stay so memorable! Please don't get me wrong the with my comments regarding the place to be if you want to party. The hotel has a zero tolerance for guest disturbing other guest especially at night and if you are in a situation were you've gotten louder than you need to be - hotel security will deal with the situation very promptly and effectively!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DineWithDi
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Diane659,

Thank you for staying with us during your girls get away. We are very happy that all of you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the compliments to our staff, we definitely aim to please our guests. Thanks again for the positive feedback. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Lovely hotels with lovely views. Right on the beach, computer access, a luxury feel all-round. So comfortable, modern and stylish. The rooms are spacious and the hotel is so impressive, even from the outside where there are palm trees setting the Florida scene for tourists. Lovely food, elegance is seen everywhere in the chic hotel. Excellent and convenient location - on the famous beach's doorstep, and close enough to the airport. I recommend for a family or a couple.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
GM_MiamiBeach, Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Wow! Thank you!