“Location, location, location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Location, location, location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a quick weekend trip; booked a few days before using Marriott points. Excellent location as it's three blocks from the beach, 2 blocks from Lincoln road, and 1 block off Collins. Amazing rooftop pool area with comfy furniture and cabana chairs. Upper floor room was clean and quiet but showed its age. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I think all hotels in the area are quite overpriced. Next time I would probably stay further out, and drive in and park in the garage for the day.

Room Tip: Upper floor was quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate you acknowledging our amazing staff and rooftop pool. Overall it seems your stay with us was pleasant and we definitely appreciate the feedback. We also offer great prices throughout the summer months and hope you will give us another try in the future. As you stated, you really can't beat the location and the ease of getting around the Miami Beach area. Thank you again!

Best regards,
Nanyce Lanier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here at the end of January'13 overnight before a cruise out of the Port of Miami. I used Marriott points to stay here, but it didn't lessen the sting of a poor value. The rooms were rather pricey at $279 per night and honestly, you're not getting much for the money.

I will say at the outset however that the staff here is excellent! I found them all to be very warm, pleasant and helpful, which probably compensated for the poor value. There was also a very nice rooftop deck/pool. The rooms however, are quite small but even worse, outdated and sparse for a Courtyard. Our room had poor storage and a very outdated bathroom. The location was convenient to Ocean Drive, Collins Ave, Lincoln Rd.

I would think twice before staying here again, considering the huge selection of other hotels in the area. I stayed out of loyalty to Marriott, but before I do it again, they'll have to significantly upgrade this hotel or bring down the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your recent stay with us on Miami Beach. We're obviously disappointed that you left the hotel feeling that our property was only adequate. We do appreciate your compliments to our staff, the location, and our amenities. Are we are looking forward to a lobby renovation this summer offering an extended food menu and Starbucks coffee. We hope that you will come back and give us another try in the future. We do appreciate your feedback and your loyalty to Marriott. Thank you again!

Best,
Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Really nice hotel... had great service and the rates was competitive for the area. It is close to Miami Beach without having to pay for the strip high hotel prices. I was worried about location when driving in as it seems out of the way to the main road but spent 5 days and had no issues. Great points on this one for me was excellent location to great spots within the Miami beach area, great value and service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your stay. I'm pleased to hear that our location was a great fit for your needs. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I spent 7 days here recently. Having never been to Miami Beach I found this hotel very nice. The staff were outstanding and very friendly. The only downfall was continuing noise from construction. I went to the beach instead of pool and solved the noise issue! Loved the beautiful big beach. I could watch the ships leaving port for cruises after dinner every day, quite a nice relaxing location.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
GM_MiamiBeach, Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your understanding with any noise interruptions. We're happy to hear that overall you really enjoyed your stay. I hope you will visit us again in the future. Thanks again!
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We spent two nights at this location, January 6 - 8, 2013. I had a party of 4, two adults and two older teenagers.

Valet: No problems: Very quick

Check in: The check in went very well and efficient. I had walked over early in the morning and they took my name and number and were to call me when the room was ready. However, I never did get a phone call. This really was not a problem as we just stayed on the beach. I was more just disappointed they did not follow through.

Room: This location has Queen beds (not doubles) and it does make a big difference. The room also has a pull out sofa bed. (That matress was not comfortable and should be replaced). I thought the room is more than adequate and plenty of room. The furnishings seemed dated, but still functional

The hidden gem is the ROOFTOP POOL. We took breafast up to the cabana on the rooftop and enjoyed each morning.

Location: Perfect off beach location, but within blocks of the ocean, great restaurants and shopping. We were not effected by the noise at the club next door, but that could have been because we were exhausted each day. We were also not bothered by the club across the street.

Take time to walk around the block at the hotel and get your bearings. GREAT off beach location and we would return.

One last item is that the staff could not have been more couteous and professional.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor room (top floor)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jandrsmith
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing us during your travels to Miami Beach! We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooftop pool and that the staff met your expectations. Please accept our apologies that you did not receive a call back for your early check-in, but we appreciate your understanding. We are so pleased to read your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Sunny regards,
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 3 days mid December 2012 prior to taking a cruise. We found the room and lobby area to be clean and fairly basic in terms of towels, etc. The front desk and breakfast staff were friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast was adequate and pretty typical. Our breakfast was included as part of our room rate thru AAA. I think it cost about $12, which I would not have paid if we were not getting it included. The hotel location is very good - just a few blocks walk to Lincoln Road, the beach, Collins Ave., Ocean Drive. The stretch of block the hotel is located on felt a bit sketchy. As other reviewers have mentioned, there is a strip club across the street (and I think also there may have been one next to the hotel as well). We never felt greatly uncomfortable walking on the block, but I will say we picked up our pace a bit as we approached the hotel each evening. I did notice the hotel always has one or two front door guys at the doors every time we entered and exited the hotel which I thought was a good thing. Other reviews also metioned hearing street noise, though we did not. Our room was on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LoriH611
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am very thankful for your compliments to our great staff. I'm happy to hear that the hotel overall met your expectations.

The establishment next door is not an adult club and I can assure you it is very safe in our neighborhood. We are conveniently located the strip on Ocean Drive and the vast shopping and dining on Lincoln Rd.

I'm also happy to hear that you weren't impacted by any noise issues and our valet staff was helpful throughout your stay. Thank you again and we hope you'll visit in the future.

Warm regards,
Bala, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A basic hotel building with more than adequate standard rooms and a nice roof top pool area. In a good location with Ocean Drive with all the designer shops one block towards the beach. We noticed the strip club but all was quiet when we arrived about 9 p.m. We walked across to the beach area in the morning. No problems with safety at that hour! Taxi ordered on our behalf and luggage loaded by accommodating staff member. Thanks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fandraw
GM_MiamiBeach, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very pleased to hear that everything was smooth sailing during your stay. I hope you enjoyed your cruise with the family and we look forward to welcoming you back to Miami Beach in the future. Thank you again!

Sunny regards,