Initially planned on staying only 2 nights but my friends and I extended our stay for an extra 2 for the weekend! We were located on the 2nd floor. Location is great (5-10 Mins away walking) from the main strip Ocean Drive, the night clubs on Washington Ave ("Cameo" and I believe "Dream"), and not to mention the gentlemen's club conveniently right across the street (Madonna's). Be sure to put the rooftop pool to good use since I didn't see many people up there (Ask which elevator to use because only one can get you to the pool area NOT both). Rooftop view was great to capture the sunrise and had an even better skyline to reminisce on at night, not to mention the personal cabanas were not charged extra like some other hotels I read up on! The Other hotels that were literally 5 Mins away on the strip, were priced at least 100$-150$ more per night and about half the size of the room (granted they were on the main strip). My friends and I booked the Queen size double and had plenty of room not to mention the pull out couch. If you are looking for a "quiet" family atmosphere it might not be your ideal spot but it can be done. Just Try to avoid the 1st floor rooms if you are with family or young ones- as I've read about noise complaints until 5-6AM from other reviews.
Extra $$: breakfast about $12 each , but my advice go out and explore and get yourself a filling meal for roughly same price from a restaurant. Valet around 25$ per night or you can try and find street parking, but will have to go back to feed the meter maybe 2-3 times or park in parking garage (16th St) and pay when you leave (about the same price but you have the security that YOU parked your car without theft or vandalism), and of course Tax on room.
Pros side: if you are looking to go out (food, bar, club, etc) ask the staff as they were always helpful to me, or other guests in the lobby/pool for advice/opinions (almost all restaurants on Ocean Drive have a prolonged "Happy Hour"). Who knows they might know that one small place you've been looking for! (Also clubs are open until 4-5am so arriving at 10-11PM would be considered EARLY) Internet was included and could be accessed everywhere inside. Once again the staff was great, the beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean, and the overall stay was GREAT!!
Cons side: Ice, vending, and workout area were all thrown into one corner of the main ground floor. Breakfast dining area is not huge in space or food selection, but again I recommend going out and explore before the crowds. To my surprise our room did not have a mini fridge or microwave (be sure to ask, some may have them). Housekeeping was never late, so be sure to flip your sign/tag if you do not wish to be disturbed after a long night OUT!
Overall for the price (around 200-240$ after taxes depending on what days) was VERY reasonable for South Beach. The location in my opinion was the next best place coming 2nd only to Ocean Dr hotels. The area was not overcrowded, but felt very alive as restaurants and shops were a mere walks away. In terms of cleanliness or issues with staff I never came across any conflicts. If at all you are not completely convinced of a room (goes for anywhere), request to take a quick tour of the room as i did. I would return again myself and would most definitely recommend to friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With newly redesigned guest rooms and located in the Art Deco District, the Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach hotel is a historical landmark, restored to the glory and grandeur of the 1940s with modern amenities for your convenience. Our Miami hotel on South Beach is also just minutes from beautiful beaches and the premier shopping, dining and entertainment of Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive. Enjoy our stylish atmosphere and stay connected with free wireless internet access available throughout our South Beach, Florida hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Miami Beach South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Courtyard Miami Beach South
- Florida Courtyard
- Florida Marriott