“Perfect Bachelorette Weekend! All my fears eased.”

Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
Ranked #131 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I planned a bachelorette weekend in Miami, but had a hard time finding a place that would accommodate a large party for good quality and a good price. I went with Marriott, because I trust the name, and this Marriott could accommodate 5 people to a room, which cut costs for all of those attending. I have always been a Marriott fan, but I was pleased beyond my expectations with the Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach. The front desk staff was pleasant, friendly and more than happy to accommodate my requests, which included giving us adjoining rooms for my two-room, two-night stay. The rooms were VERY spacious, and more than comfortably fit 5 people to each room. Each room had two queen beds and a pull-out sofa. The rooms were perfectly clean and well-kept. The housekeeping staff was more than happy to come in an tidy up at a different time if we were unable to be out of the room by their scheduled cleaning time. The lobby was immaculate, and the refreshing citrus water and fresh cookies were a nice touch. My friends also enjoyed the convenience of the lobby snack store. The rooftop pool was great for relaxing, and was also a clean and well-kept area. Overall, I was THRILLED with my stay. It is difficult to find a place that can please a group of 9 women, but this hotel did just that. Even though it was a 15 minute walk to the "exciting" part of south beach (Ocean and 8th), none of us minded because there were tons of shops along the way. Many of the clubs are also on the same street as the hotel, so that is convenient if yo plan on going out. I've seen some reviews say that the hotel is in a bad part of town. i grew up I the suburbs all of my life and this part of town is just fine! We had no problems at all, and felt completely safe at all times. None of us wanted to leave! I'm very picky when it comes to my surroundings, and if you worry about comfort and cleanliness like me, then trust that you will have a great experience here. I plan to stay here during future visits to Miami. Happy travels, and good luck!

Room Tip: AAA members get great discounted rates.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank MdotMiller
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach

Reviewed May 3, 2011

To start on a positive note, the hotel is about 2 blocks from the beach and an easy walk. It also has good access to many clubs and shopping. The internet was free and in spite of some the the difficulties (below) the staff did their best to be friendly and helpful. In addition the rooftop pool was nice, had a good view of South Beach and appeared clean.

The challenges at this location seemed to mainly stem from the age of the hotel. Noise levels form the hallway and adjacent rooms was very high. Compared to other Courtyard locations this facility is not as modern not does it have amenities that others do. Parking was difficult at best and $30 per night with taxes. Expect a long wait to get you car pulled up. We were told to call the front desk to get the car pulled up. In every case where we called ahead, the parking attendants were never told to pull up the car and we had to wait for them to walk a block and navigate traffic to bring the car back.

House keeping was also a bit shaky, not cleaning or replacing supplies for the coffee maker, not replacing all of the towels, sliding a note under our door before noon letting us know they would not be cleaning our room unless we asked at the front desk.

Unlikely we will be returning to this facility.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dandkm88
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Great location..... I had everything to choose from shopping, dinning and relaxation.

Room Tip: Find the pool!!! Its on the roof!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2011

My friends and I attempted to check-in and pay cash for our room. Upon check-in I was told that I would need to pay a $60 deposit for incidentals if paying via credit card and a $250 deposit for incidentals if paying via cash. In addtition, the clerk stated the cash was due in full at time of check-in. We were not prepared for this additional $250 fee and we (females) had to walk 6 blocks at night to my bank. This was a contradiction from what I was told by the reservation agent and the hotel front desk clerk who we had phoned prior to check-in to ensure "no surprises". The two had advised there was no deposit for incidentals and payment was due upon check-out not check-in. In addition, when we asked to speak to the manager, the clerk lied and said he was the manager. Besides being a liar, the clerk was also rude and condescending. We did not want to stay there, but were told we would have to pay a canx fee equivalent to one night's stay if we chose to leave. Being so, we decided to make the best of it and report it to the manager. The manager advised that she was not there during the time of check-in and the clerk was only doing his job. It seems odd that mistreating guest and giving false information is considered to be part of the clerk's job. I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel (April 2010 and February 2011). We chose it for its location close to Lincoln Road and to the beach where we like to stroll in between visits with local family members. Be forewarned, this is one of the lower quality Courtyards. We used reward points and were given a “better” room. If ours was better, I cannot imagine what the ordinary rooms are like. Our room, 303, was a large room with “foyer,” king size bed, sitting area with small sofa, arm chair & coffee table, desk, dresser, large screen TV, and small fridge. The 4 lamps provide good lighting. The room is decorated in funky colors – chartreuse, dark purple, teal, bright yellow, and orange. The bathroom was very small, but functional. It had just a shower, no tub, with a tiled floor and dirty grout with mold showing in some places. The view from the window was of a flat, ugly, gray roof, some electrical cables, a little greenery, and in the distance, some buildings. Not inspiring! The hotel had a nice, open lobby in periwinkle & yellow colors with comfortable seating. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. However, I cannot speak highly of the housekeeping. Just a few examples: the sofa was purple leather with printed upholstered cushions. A former guest left a dirty or sandy bare footprint on the side of the sofa facing the room. It had never been wiped away during our 3-night stay. The fitted sheet on the bed was placed inside out. The bathroom towels, supposedly white, were very gray. And, finally, the most disgusting – housekeeping left its spray bottle of cleaning solution and filthy cleaning cloth on our bathroom sink. The whole hotel smells of chlorine from a pool upstairs, which will be offensive to those with lung problems. Would we stay here again? Maybe, just because it is an inexpensive hotel in a convenient location. But, this time my spouse & I did not much like staying here, and we might try elsewhere next time. There is a nude bar across the street and a very noisy place next to the hotel that will turn off some. Also, there are a lot of homeless along Washington St. No one ever bothered us, but it is unpleasant and uncomfortable. We didn't take breakfast here. Instead we either went to a little Italian bakery about 1.5 blocks down Washington or at the Le Provence on Collins Avenue about two blocks away or at Books & Books on Lincoln Road.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Souris
Reviewed January 2, 2011

My family had to take a last minute detour to Miami on our way to Belize for the Christmas and New Year holidays with our three children (ages 18, 19, and 21). We realized our daughter's passports were expired on Thursday, Dec. 23rd. We made an appointment at the Miami passport office on Monday morning, but due to high season travel we could only get airline tickets to Miami for Saturday (Christmas morning.) Anyway, I scoured South Beach hotels for a reasonable place to stay for five for Christmas weekend that was in a safe area, close to shopping, dining, and the beach. We found it in this hotel. It is across the street from a strip club, and a dance club is next door but we never heard (or saw) a thing. The room was immaculate and fit five of us fine. The rate was great and we walked to the beach, restaurants, and shopping. We felt the Guest Services & Concierge, Joe Vega did a great job meeting our requests for a quiet room. He was so kind about our plight. This is a great hotel. I would highly recommend and would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KimberlyMJ
Reviewed December 22, 2010

We got this hotel via Priceline Negotiator and it turned out great! The location was great! In South Beach we were blocks away from everything! It was by Lincoln Rd., the beach, alot of nightclubs and the bus took us places for like 50 cents!!! I will prob stay here next March too if the price is right

• Stayed: September 2010